The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Yes... 

It is an issue limited to localized areas. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T called. Told them that the issue hasn't happened since 5/1, at least that I know. Explained (yet, again), that I don't know if the issue still exists since I can only know if someone leaves a voice mail. Rep said that he wanted to turn off the LTE. I said 'no'. I have a network monitor and when I receive or place a call, the nettwork switches from 4G to 3G. Rep said that they have had reports that LTE is causing the problem. I'm paying for LTE. If AT&T wants to  change my rate, I'm happy to change my features.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

That was exactly our method of attack. 

We contended that we were paying for specific services and functionality. If they couldn't provide that as stared in the contract, they were not holding up their end, rendering the contract as broken from their side. 

We asked for, and received, compensatory adjustments. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

not even a week ago i purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4 and at first i didnt have any problems at all. since yesterday all my calls have been going straight to voice main and ive checked all my settings. this is very weird...i kept hearing that andriod 4.2 would fix it yet im having the problem.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

4.2.2 should have fixed it, but I guess not. 

Follow the methods earlier in the thread, get on the phone to AT&T, and start a ticket.... 

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

I just received a call from AT&T in response to my FCC complaint. The lady who called seemed unfamiliar with our problem herself, but stated she checked with the technicians and was told by them that in June, AT&T will switch to voice over LTE, eliminating the circuit switch fallback, which is the cause of all this. She also credited my account $100. This is at least a major step toward fixing the problem, so again we wait and hope, but at least there is some hope!

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Great going. Got to keep leaning on them. So long as they continue to lose revenue in the form of billing reductions, they'll be 'incentivized' to do the right thing. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Has anybody switched their band selection back to automatic to see if the issue has been resolved in your area(s)? I did this on Saturday 5/18 and no problems so far but I once went 5 days and prematurely thought it was fixed only to have yet another failure of calls and sms. 

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

i personally gave up a long long long time ago. 

ATT support was the worst i ever recieved and after more then 150 phone calls explaining the issue again and again and again only to be asked to replace my sim/phone/toaster/fridge/dog i decided to just go ahead put another ROM on my phone. 

now im on JellyBean 4.2.2 latest from google. 

works flawlesly with zero issues on all bands. 

like i said from day one.... 

this is ATT lack of knowledge when they custemize google OS to have their LOGO apear and on the same note break the entire OS. 

keep viewing this thread is a complete waist of time, att does NOT listen to any of us. 

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

It's absolutely not a waste of time... 

Even if AT&T isn't reading this, numerous people have been helped by it. 

Keep complaining-and keep posting the results and workarounds..... Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.