The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

It's an AT&T issue. I have the HTC one x and have had the same issues for months now. They disabled my LTE and no issues. I however am not happy with the "resolution", but, rather than miss calls, I'll have to deal with it until they figure out how to "fix" it. Hope that helps. I've dealt with engineers, have an open case, have asked about updates and so far, nothing yet, but we are working on it they say.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

There are remedies listed earlier on in the thread. Another simple option is to turn off WiFi. 

All of these are workarounds, and in no way relieves AT&T of their responsibility to fix the issue. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Quick question Jan,

How do you then explain that this issue happens to those of use who don't have LTE coverage then? We only have 4G and still have this problem. Unless I am just not understanding your post of course.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

That reply was for a post back on 17 Jan;

"Guys,

I got this issue fixed. You dont have to remove the battery or even restart your phone for that matter. This problem occurs mainly because of 4G LTE. I dont know if its the phone or the service. So, I have found an alternative."

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

What 'alternative' did you go with? 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Hi,

I dont have any issue currently. Atleast, from last month. What I did was, I used to disable my mobile data when connected to wifi. When I am outside with no wifi connection I used to enable my mobile data and it used to work perfectly. I know its a pain. But lately I was on an online chat with ATT and they saw this problem and gave a case # like everyone else. Somehow, now I dont have even go through this extra work. ATT just fixed it I guess. Atleast for the place where I live. 

So, another option is totally disable 4GLTE and use it on 3G by using wap or by what m.a.s.e had suggested earlier in earlier posts.

Thanks,

Jan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

hey guys. ya very intimitent issue with me also. i had the HTC Vivid after replacement same problem.....now galaxy S III same problem...back when i had the vivid about a month ago they told me its a problem with there backhaul provider. what should i do? anybody have any recent solutions im in Minneapolis area. which we got the LTE but it bounces back and fourth from 4G to 4G LTE it did on the vivid. anybody know how to see it on the S3? Thanks.

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Today I noticed several of my AT&T bloatware apps update, and under the "what's new" section, all mentioned the ability to work with JB 4.2.x. Maybe the long awaited update is on the horizon, and hopefully a fix to our problem.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Hi, my wife and I just joined AT&T about 3 weeks ago. I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and my wife got the S3. To date, neither of us have had this issue. We live in Connecticut and I travel to NY (Grand Central Terminal) and I don't have this issue here. I'm wondering if it's area related.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

On the phone w/Debra at AT&T support. I am physically in Pullman, WA. Voice mail was received 3 hours. No indicatation that phone call was missed. Nothing on the log. Phone never rang. Was having the problem in February, but has been working (as much as I can know its working) since 2/22. Rep wanted to replace my phone, and I said, "Why?". She said it's my phone. I read her various posts on this log, tried to give her the URL of this log, and she still insisted that it was my phone, not the network. Case [edited for privacy]. Resolution on 5/6 in the morning.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.