Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

Explorer

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

It's an AT&T issue. I have the HTC one x and have had the same issues for months now. They disabled my LTE and no issues. I however am not happy with the "resolution", but, rather than miss calls, I'll have to deal with it until they figure out how to "fix" it. Hope that helps. I've dealt with engineers, have an open case, have asked about updates and so far, nothing yet, but we are working on it they say.
Message 331 of 499 (4,423 Views)
Mentor

There are remedies listed earlier on in the thread. Another simple option is to turn off WiFi. 

All of these are workarounds, and in no way relieves AT&T of their responsibility to fix the issue. 

Message 332 of 499 (4,407 Views)
Teacher

Quick question Jan,

How do you then explain that this issue happens to those of use who don't have LTE coverage then? We only have 4G and still have this problem. Unless I am just not understanding your post of course.
Message 333 of 499 (4,389 Views)
Teacher

That reply was for a post back on 17 Jan;

"Guys,

I got this issue fixed. You dont have to remove the battery or even restart your phone for that matter. This problem occurs mainly because of 4G LTE. I dont know if its the phone or the service. So, I have found an alternative."
Message 334 of 499 (4,389 Views)
Mentor

What 'alternative' did you go with? 

Message 335 of 499 (4,323 Views)
Teacher

Hi,

I dont have any issue currently. Atleast, from last month. What I did was, I used to disable my mobile data when connected to wifi. When I am outside with no wifi connection I used to enable my mobile data and it used to work perfectly. I know its a pain. But lately I was on an online chat with ATT and they saw this problem and gave a case # like everyone else. Somehow, now I dont have even go through this extra work. ATT just fixed it I guess. Atleast for the place where I live. 

So, another option is totally disable 4GLTE and use it on 3G by using wap or by what m.a.s.e had suggested earlier in earlier posts.

Thanks,

Jan

Message 336 of 499 (4,147 Views)
Contributor

hey guys. ya very intimitent issue with me also. i had the HTC Vivid after replacement same problem.....now galaxy S III same problem...back when i had the vivid about a month ago they told me its a problem with there backhaul provider. what should i do? anybody have any recent solutions im in Minneapolis area. which we got the LTE but it bounces back and fourth from 4G to 4G LTE it did on the vivid. anybody know how to see it on the S3? Thanks.

Message 337 of 499 (4,097 Views)
Explorer

Today I noticed several of my AT&T bloatware apps update, and under the "what's new" section, all mentioned the ability to work with JB 4.2.x. Maybe the long awaited update is on the horizon, and hopefully a fix to our problem.
Message 338 of 499 (4,036 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Hi, my wife and I just joined AT&T about 3 weeks ago. I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and my wife got the S3. To date, neither of us have had this issue. We live in Connecticut and I travel to NY (Grand Central Terminal) and I don't have this issue here. I'm wondering if it's area related.

Message 339 of 499 (3,985 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

On the phone w/Debra at AT&T support. I am physically in Pullman, WA. Voice mail was received 3 hours. No indicatation that phone call was missed. Nothing on the log. Phone never rang. Was having the problem in February, but has been working (as much as I can know its working) since 2/22. Rep wanted to replace my phone, and I said, "Why?". She said it's my phone. I read her various posts on this log, tried to give her the URL of this log, and she still insisted that it was my phone, not the network. Case [edited for privacy]. Resolution on 5/6 in the morning.

Message 340 of 499 (3,736 Views)
Mentor

Yes... 

It is an issue limited to localized areas. 

Message 341 of 499 (3,706 Views)
Tutor

AT&T called. Told them that the issue hasn't happened since 5/1, at least that I know. Explained (yet, again), that I don't know if the issue still exists since I can only know if someone leaves a voice mail. Rep said that he wanted to turn off the LTE. I said 'no'. I have a network monitor and when I receive or place a call, the nettwork switches from 4G to 3G. Rep said that they have had reports that LTE is causing the problem. I'm paying for LTE. If AT&T wants to  change my rate, I'm happy to change my features.

Message 342 of 499 (3,592 Views)
Mentor

That was exactly our method of attack. 

We contended that we were paying for specific services and functionality. If they couldn't provide that as stared in the contract, they were not holding up their end, rendering the contract as broken from their side. 

We asked for, and received, compensatory adjustments. 

Message 343 of 499 (3,536 Views)
Contributor

not even a week ago i purchased a Samsung Galaxy s4 and at first i didnt have any problems at all. since yesterday all my calls have been going straight to voice main and ive checked all my settings. this is very weird...i kept hearing that andriod 4.2 would fix it yet im having the problem.

Message 344 of 499 (3,391 Views)
Mentor

4.2.2 should have fixed it, but I guess not. 

Follow the methods earlier in the thread, get on the phone to AT&T, and start a ticket.... 

Message 345 of 499 (3,110 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.