Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

Mentor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I spoke to an engineering person - one who actually acknowledged the issue, and was in process of correcting it, NOT a CSR.
As of this afternoon we went back to original settings (did a reset to be sure) and 4G LTE and WiFi and texting seem to be coexisting.
So far - so good ..... At least in our area.
Cautiously optimistic for now...

Message 301 of 499

I love how the reps can take the time to remove messages they feel thta are hacks to a propblem we are trying to fix ,But will not take the time to let us know that there is a problem and how or when it can get fixed.

Message 302 of 499
Teacher

The refurb actually came with 4.1.1 and i made sure not to update and then one morning it had updated?  Maybe I did it with my butt/pocket or maybe I had too much to drink but I did not consciencly click to update.  Anyway it is a mystery to me and it is now working on 4.1.2 after the update?

Message 303 of 499
Highlighted
Scholar

att is the worst company ever on this planet when it comes to customer service.
now go ahead and delete this massage as well...
Message 304 of 499
Mentor

When did you get the update?
As of this moment I'm still on 4.1.1 and no updates available..

Message 305 of 499
Explorer

This is supposed to be the day this gets "fixed". As was mentioned, it may be a regional fix, so if something is done in your region, please post it on here to let us all know it was done, and if it helped at all.
Message 306 of 499
Mentor

As of this second, it is not fixed. They have until midnight.
Fwiw, we spoke with AT&T CS, and, taking ownership of the situation, they made a satisfactory adjustment to our last month's bill, and will continue to do so until the situation is rectified.
It's not fixed, but the issue has been made more palatable.
If enough consumers pursue this through the correct channels, it will be financially worth it to AT&T to fix the issue.
Message 307 of 499
Mentor

Midnight has come and gone.
Issue still exists, but, as I said, it's costing them $$$ every day.
Message 308 of 499
Explorer

I want my bill adjusted too. What specific terms did you use when you described the issue to CS?
Message 309 of 499
Mentor

Simply that calls and texts were being missed, and the only recourse was to turn off WiFi, or disable 4G LTE.

Either way, you weren't getting the services for which you were paying or getting full use of the phone and its functions. 

They can 'see' the missed calls and texts. In our case, the call would go straight to VM, and the intended recipient would show neither a missed call nor a VM. 

It might also have been helpful that we were a new activation, with 3 phones, and within a time frame that would have had us returning everything and going with a different carrier. 

Also, we were insistent, but pleasant and polite, asking for escalation as needed. 

Message 310 of 499
Tutor

I am looking to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T....but now I'm scared to even get the SGS3.....I have similar issues with TM, but also have terible service with them...

Message 311 of 499
Tutor

Also looking into the S4 now...too..

Message 312 of 499

I just discovered that if I call the Galaxy S3 from another cell phone It will ring and I can receive text.  But if I call the Galaxy from a land line phone it will not ring but the Galaxy goes to VM.  Suggestions?

Message 313 of 499
Explorer

We have brought it to their attention and there have been varying levels of recognition of the issue. Many of us have kind of given up due to a lack of real solution. I am stuck for another year and definitely will consider switching when the contract is up.
Message 314 of 499
Explorer

We can file a formal complaint with the FCC on their website. I urge everyone on here to do so. One lone voice will probably not help, but all of us will get their attention. Also AT&T continues to advertise their 4G LTE system, so maybe we can help some poor soul to miss all the aggravation we have experienced. I tried not to go this route, but as another date for resolution has cone and gone, it is apparent AT&T has either no intention of fixing this, or they simply do not have the ability to do so.
Message 315 of 499
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support