The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@Danvee wrote:
Update :
They're sticking to 4/8/13 before midnight as the deadline.
After that (and I have little confidence) we're going to be talking about adjusting the billing or cancelling the plan (without penalty, of course) due to their inability to supply services (4G LTE) that were contracted and paid for.

Link ?

Or are you mentioning what CSR told you on phone?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@contactparag wrote:

Solution (might work) 

Solution might be to disable LTE. Following steps are for S3 - not sure about other phones.

Found from one thread which was talking about saving battery.

1) While the phone turned is On - Remove back cover and press SIM card to move it out of slot (but not completely) - Don't remove battery
2) Phone will recognize there's no SIM & it will prompt for restart
3) Restart phone
4) After phone is turned on - Dial *#2263#  &  Wait for next options to appear
5) Select WCDMA (I think 2nd option) & under that WCDMA All (I think it's for HSPA+/3G)
6) Press SIM card back
7) Restart phone

This... works for sure.
But you would be downgrading from LTE.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Phone call to removed # in post 271.
3rd level engineering.
They're sticking with the stated time frame.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Let's see. Fingers crossed on Apr 8th promise. ATT, dont let me down again.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I have the same problem with my galaxy note 2, replaced SIM cards but didnt help. Went to ATT store and they suggest go to warrenty center they can provide you refurbished replacement ...what ...I paid full price (700) to get this and now they want to replace with refurb and they referred to samsung support. Not sure if this can ever solve and it goes in circles.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

guys, 

its about time we will all finally understand. 

we will not see any type of resolution from ATT. 

our best bet is simply rooting our phone and removing the amature made ATT version of an OS with all their bloatware. 

i did it, put JB 4.2.2 and i have zero issues since then. 

sadly ATT had been nothing not even remotly close to helpfull. 

their tech level is at a 2 years old. 

completely useless. 

waiting for my contract to end so i can run as far away from a company that know nothing but take money. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I agree vsr8282. I fought with them for weeks. New Sim card, microcell tower, hours on the phone, reseting, locking to 3G, etc.

Finally they mailed me a refurb and it worked (amazingly) even though they said it probably would not. I agree it sucks when you paid for new, but after months of use the refurb was in better shape than my original.

Good luck.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

the only reason why it is working for u is cause the refurb came prolly with 4.1.2 and ur old phone was 4.1.1 and needed to be updated via kies...
the issue here that ATT messed up with the 4.1.1 update with their bloatware and corrupted the files that control the switch between voice and data.
if all here will update to 4.2.x or even 4.1.2 and above the issue will be resolved.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@m.a.s.e wrote:

waiting for my contract to end so i can run as far away from a company that know nothing but take money. 

I too will not sign anymore contracts with AT&T and await my expiration date. My entire family (3 accounts, family plan) is done dealing with this. After much work by me, I elevated my issue to a tech level that was aware of this issue only to be given false appeasement. They acknowledged the LTE issue, gave me a short term case number and never contacted me since. So in essence, they said, yes, we know there is a problem, might or might not get fixed, no idea when, now go away. First tier tech support still has no idea of the LTE problem if you call them so everyday, AT&T is putting people through hoops like new sim cards, refurbs, etc. Why they would want to spend all that money and  annoy customers is a mystery to me. Further my wife has a personal phone and a company phone with AT&T and has no intention of remaining with them. This issue is discussed amongst all her co-workers and there is concensus that perhaps they need to go with a more reliable carrier as well. I suspect that if I called higher levels of tech support weekly and demanded some satisfaction for a device that can't do what I contracted for, eventually they might do something for me but as I am sure they are counting on, I simply do not have the time or ambition to deal with them for hours on the phone any longer.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

whats to do with April 8, is there any update get pushed for this bug? I don't beleive the CSR words anymore ( because very few of them has upto the mark knowledge on these devices , technology and problems) and also not why sure they don't accept and forward to right person instead of wasting lot time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.