For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I have a ?, for you guys. I have been having the same problem here in Philadelphia, but I usually always  have my wife and data off unless I'm using the internet, and I still miss calls and text messages with my data and wifi off. if i do the code fix will it work with wifi and data turned off. I only get 300mb a month so i use wifi whenever possible.I have called att today and like everyone said the act like they knew nothing about this issue.[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

How do you turn your wife off? Mine does not have that option?
Can you turn the kids off?
And turn the wife on?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

then i feel sorry 4 u sir

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

It will, in fact, work with WiFi and data off.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

The problem seems to have gone even worse now. I used to be able to get connection and make phone call if I toggle airplane mode on and off. Now doing that or even rebooting the phone wouldn't help. A colleague with an iPhone 5 also has the same issue. So, it not a phone or an OS issue - clearly a network problem. This has done a serious reputational damage on AT&T. Please admit it and fix it soon. 

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I decided to call that support number somebody mentioned. AT&T confirmed that the issue has been going on since Nov last year. The rep confirmed that it's an issue with all LTE devices (both iPhone and Android). They thought they have resolved the issue but it turned out the issue is not fixed. They are still working on the it. She offered to change the network setting of my phone (on the back end) to limit the connection to just 2G/3G so that it won't switch to LTE. I was reluctant at first but have agreed to have it done so that at least the phone will be usable for now (with slower data speed). It seemed that they understand the issue but don't know how to fix the problem. I will have to live with 3G for now. Will post more if I have an update.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

I had ATT switch me back to 2G/3G, but my phone ( GS3) goes back to LTE after a while.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

You need the workaround posted some pages back.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Even with 3G, I still lost signal and had to reboot the phone to make it usable. This is really bad. It seems the problem is much more serious than thought. I didnt think I could get any more disappointed.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Update :
They're sticking to 4/8/13 before midnight as the deadline.
After that (and I have little confidence) we're going to be talking about adjusting the billing or cancelling the plan (without penalty, of course) due to their inability to supply services (4G LTE) that were contracted and paid for.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.