For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

If you want help you must call:

{unpublished number removed}

This will take you directly to the engineering support (Level 3).

They are the only ones who understand or will even acknowledge this issue.  ATT knows of the issue but the lower service people are unaware and will just waist your time (I have spoken with many of them).

It is called a Circuit Switch Fallback issue.

They are very aware of it at the number listed above and will at least try to help.

They are now trying to lock me out of LTE.

I agree the support at ATT is pathetic.  I have waisted so much time with this issue because of their poor communication, lack of concern and denial of the issue (at lower levels).

I am very disappointed in ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I too am having this issue going on three years now. I work from home and it's been horrible lately. When it started I just thought it might be my phone (windows TP2) I have full signal yet my wife will say she's called and texted me several times. I wouldn't get any of my texts until I made an outgoing call. After getting a new phone last year (android captivate glide) I thought the problem might be over but it still keeps up.
Wenzelr, the number you posted was removed. Please send it to me. I need this issue to go away before I do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

All I can say: I am ready to switch, Any other provider but ATT now.
Tried calling ATT several times and instead of telling me the real issue, they asked me to contact Samsung!!!
FIX ASAP or you are going to lose your business BIG TIME!! and That's a FREE Advice.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Also if you check this website:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/243505-jelly-bean-4-1-1-phone-calls-bug.html

there is a discussion about the exact same issue.

The telephone number is also listed there under the #2 response as a solution.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

This issue is driving me nuts!  I have done the work around and set up a wap.cingular APN, but when I'm running that I can't receive MMS (picture) texts.  Is there something I can do in the APN to make it so that I can receive pictures via text?

As of right now I have to choose between receiving all of my calls and not getting picture texts OR not getting all my calls and getting picture texts.  Of course I keep it so that I can get all calls, but with how many people are experiencing this issue (on ATT and other networks), you would think there would be a fix by now............

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Using the hashed-out phone number above, I did get an actual engineer who is going to have somebody call Monday with updates.
Thanks, wenzelr!

Explorer

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

Go back to page 3 of this forum, and almost at the bottom of the page is a workaround by m.a.s.e. It will allow you to receive pictures in texts, no emergency call problems, etc. You phone will work perfectly, just not on LTE, which we are paying for, of course. I have been running this workaround for over a month, and it has been flawless. If I remember correctly, you will have to restart your phone after entering the code, which is not listed in the instructions, but other than that, it should get you through until this is fixed, or you can get out of your contract. 😉

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@Danvee wrote:
Using the hashed-out phone number above, I did get an actual engineer who is going to have somebody call Monday with updates.
Thanks, wenzelr!

Please report back and news from the engineer.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

I will, but, of course it's only going to apply to the S/W NJ - N/W DE area...

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

News today via text message is that they're working on it and 'improvements' will be in place by 4/9.
Fwiw.... 😕
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.