The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

"AT&T 4G LTE lets you do more of th things you love, even faster". Well when the ones you love contacts you hours later and say they  called you a fews times and you miss out on dates, work , meeting, parties , and so on . only thing faster it causes is problems. 

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

ATT Reps, any updates? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

This is unbelievable! How can AT&T legally get away with charging us for a service that they are not providing? I am a brand new customer. Was with Sprint for 12 years but switched last week because AT&T supposedly has better coverage in my area. Our family has five new lines with five new Galaxy s3 and in several areas, we cannot call, text, or do anythiing at all. No data, no signal, NO roaming even!!

I am sick over this. My kids cannot reach me, nor I them, in the areas we spend the most time in... my work, their school, and the town we do all our shopping and errands in.

Still within my 14 day grace period but having to pay restocking on five lines is so wrong!!  I am furious!

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@muskette wrote:

This is unbelievable! How can AT&T legally get away with charging us for a service that they are not providing? I am a brand new customer. Was with Sprint for 12 years but switched last week because AT&T supposedly has better coverage in my area. Our family has five new lines with five new Galaxy s3 and in several areas, we cannot call, text, or do anythiing at all. No data, no signal, NO roaming even!!

I am sick over this. My kids cannot reach me, nor I them, in the areas we spend the most time in... my work, their school, and the town we do all our shopping and errands in.

Still within my 14 day grace period but having to pay restocking on five lines is so wrong!!  I am furious!

Man do I feel for you. Based on the lack of communication from AT&T on this issue, you will have to decide if you think they will fix this soon or at all. If you do stay with AT&T, you can apply the work-around from this thread and hope for a fix or use your 14 day grace period and go with another carrier. I know both options are far from perfect but you have one more option that I do. My grace period is long gone. If you do decide to wait AT&T out for a fix, the work-around has at least allowed my phone to receive sms and calls. Of course, I am not able to utilize the LTE network that drew me to this phone and contract.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I just posted my concern on there face book page hopefully other will too.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

send link please. 

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

look under alfa dorid 

Alfa Dorid
http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Not-Receiving-Calls-Phone-issue-or-Android/td-p/327074133 minutes ago

Alfa Dorid
Dear At&T: I am sure you aware of the lte 4g issue alot of people are having, where we are missing calls and texts are really late the we have to change from 4g to 3g to get are phones working. It is sad that you seem not to care or keep us updated in the forum. i don't you realize the pain it cause .34 minutes ago

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Not surprised

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Sorry it's there , also i just got off the phone them , they said i sould go to a store and get a new sim card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.