Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

Scholar

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I highly doubt that.....
Message 196 of 499 (4,273 Views)
Teacher

I just question why AT&T and some people on here expect that any update to JB will fix the issue.  It has been stated many times that Iphones, any LTE phone, in fact, is having the LTE issue of switching from LTE to voice on the AT&T network.  I see what is going to happen.  AT&T is going to try to buy themselves time by throwing the JB update to us, saying the problem is fixed, to buy them some more time.  Sigh, 11 more months to go before I'm free of AT&T.

Message 197 of 499 (4,250 Views)
Mentor

Well it's not like we need LTE for anything. What good is it for really? Reaching my monthly bandwidth cap in all of 6 entire minutes? Don't even give me crap about people who are grandfathered into unlimited plans... AT&T should stop doing that as soon as people's contract expired. As long as the solution m.a.s.e. posted above really works, then I really don't care about any other fix or JB 4.2 update. I'm pretty sure my Galaxy S3 worked just fine in 2012, before LTE was turned on here, so forcing the phone back to HSPA+ really just makes my phone work exactly the same as it did when I bought it anyway.

Message 198 of 499 (4,247 Views)
Scholar

ark42.

agree with you, but if i am paying for an LTE service and purchased a phone at full price that support LTE, i want to use LTE. 

i advance my self with technology, not go backwards....

the code works fine on my phone as well, but thats not a solution. 

my contract ends in may....

cant wait... 

Message 199 of 499 (4,244 Views)
Teacher

Guys,

If the APN fix is not working, just disable the mobile data when you are connected with your wi-fi. This is work. Enable your mobile data when not on wi-fi. That's an other option.

Message 200 of 499 (4,214 Views)
Mentor

The fix I quoted from m.a.s.e (on this page just up a little bit) seems to work. The APN thing doesn't help at all.
Message 201 of 499 (4,223 Views)
Tutor

Passing this on... Received a call from ATT customer care this afternoon telling me that ATT has officially fixed this issue in my area.  I asked if it was fixed nationwide or just in and around STL and she could not tell me for sure, only that the "national ticket" for this problem was considered resolved.  She will call me back in a few days to ask me if its working.  I haven't tested it yet on my wife's phone.

Message 202 of 499 (4,210 Views)
Scholar

Please test and let us know:-) thank you!!
Message 203 of 499 (4,208 Views)
Tutor

Had a chance to play with her phone.  Interestingly, she told me her 4G LTE indicator disappeared a few days ago.  (We left her phone attached to the 4G LTE network, and not the wap apn due to issues mentioned here with it.).  I did a restart on her phone and the LTE appeared.  ATT had told me a restart wasn't necessary but I'm assuming the reason for her phone jumping down to 4g was their network "fix".  Anyways, after making a few calls to her phone I can report that it seems to be working normally.  Where calls to her phone from my phone would ring her phone after 5 or 6 rings (when it actually worked) it rings immediately.  I tried it 5 times and all immediately went through.  I've never been able that do that before.  I don't want to say its fully working just yet, ill give it the weekend... But it looks promising.

Message 204 of 499 (4,137 Views)
Mentor

I hope it continues to work for you. So many times the network fooled me. I would get a "fix" from AT&T and one time the phone went almost 4 days without an issue only to fail three times the following day. If you have no issues after a week, It would appear to be a fix in your area. Hopefully they can apply this new fix to all affected areas, especially mine! Smiley Wink

Message 205 of 499 (4,131 Views)
Explorer

This happens on my HTC one x as well and many others. I've did a factory reset, new sim cards, cleared partition cache, and called to be taken off network and added back,.which helps for a few days. This is also in a different market. I'll prob get flagged to post in the HTC forum, but I feel it should be known its with more than just one phone since they don't really want to or have a fix.
Message 206 of 499 (4,105 Views)
Explorer

Babygrl2012... thank you. I was told by an att rep in a brick and mortar tech center that this issue was happening with any android phone running on LTE and that was 1 1/2 months ago. No hemming and hawing with her. As soon as I told her the issue she told me the issue would go away with an update to JB 4.2. So thay is more info we have received up to date until the post yesterday about a fix in the St. Louis market.

I did a factory reset this morning for another issue and seems to be working better but based on other posts I dont plan on the success lasting long.
Message 207 of 499 (4,081 Views)

Hello everyone. just want to say that i am also in the detroit area, and i have been having this 4g lte problem also and been using the 3g fix for over a month, with no problems, but like everyone feels we are not getting what we pay for. Just last light i toggled bak to 4g and may have missed calls, but for sure i got my texts really late. Makes you wonder if the people who works for at&t are using 4g lte on there phones, if so i know they are having the same problems we are and just being hush about it. And if not what the world are they using?

Message 208 of 499 (4,046 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

I'm sure the AT&T folks are required to use a phone which reliably receives phone calls and text messages Smiley LOL

Message 209 of 499 (4,041 Views)
Scholar

Yeah, it just not for customers...
Message 210 of 499 (4,040 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.