The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

The fix I quoted from m.a.s.e (on this page just up a little bit) seems to work. The APN thing doesn't help at all.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Passing this on... Received a call from ATT customer care this afternoon telling me that ATT has officially fixed this issue in my area.  I asked if it was fixed nationwide or just in and around STL and she could not tell me for sure, only that the "national ticket" for this problem was considered resolved.  She will call me back in a few days to ask me if its working.  I haven't tested it yet on my wife's phone.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Please test and let us know:-) thank you!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Had a chance to play with her phone.  Interestingly, she told me her 4G LTE indicator disappeared a few days ago.  (We left her phone attached to the 4G LTE network, and not the wap apn due to issues mentioned here with it.).  I did a restart on her phone and the LTE appeared.  ATT had told me a restart wasn't necessary but I'm assuming the reason for her phone jumping down to 4g was their network "fix".  Anyways, after making a few calls to her phone I can report that it seems to be working normally.  Where calls to her phone from my phone would ring her phone after 5 or 6 rings (when it actually worked) it rings immediately.  I tried it 5 times and all immediately went through.  I've never been able that do that before.  I don't want to say its fully working just yet, ill give it the weekend... But it looks promising.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

I hope it continues to work for you. So many times the network fooled me. I would get a "fix" from AT&T and one time the phone went almost 4 days without an issue only to fail three times the following day. If you have no issues after a week, It would appear to be a fix in your area. Hopefully they can apply this new fix to all affected areas, especially mine! Smiley Wink

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

This happens on my HTC one x as well and many others. I've did a factory reset, new sim cards, cleared partition cache, and called to be taken off network and added back,.which helps for a few days. This is also in a different market. I'll prob get flagged to post in the HTC forum, but I feel it should be known its with more than just one phone since they don't really want to or have a fix.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Babygrl2012... thank you. I was told by an att rep in a brick and mortar tech center that this issue was happening with any android phone running on LTE and that was 1 1/2 months ago. No hemming and hawing with her. As soon as I told her the issue she told me the issue would go away with an update to JB 4.2. So thay is more info we have received up to date until the post yesterday about a fix in the St. Louis market.

I did a factory reset this morning for another issue and seems to be working better but based on other posts I dont plan on the success lasting long.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Hello everyone. just want to say that i am also in the detroit area, and i have been having this 4g lte problem also and been using the 3g fix for over a month, with no problems, but like everyone feels we are not getting what we pay for. Just last light i toggled bak to 4g and may have missed calls, but for sure i got my texts really late. Makes you wonder if the people who works for at&t are using 4g lte on there phones, if so i know they are having the same problems we are and just being hush about it. And if not what the world are they using?

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

11 years ago

I'm sure the AT&T folks are required to use a phone which reliably receives phone calls and text messages Smiley LOL

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah, it just not for customers...
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.