For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

Hmm... So does it affect both sending and receiving of text messages? Or should it only be in one direction?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

The main symptom is your phone will not ring while on LTE.
you will see the icon changes from lte to 4g but the phone it self will not ring.
Lte is data only network and the network and phone can't make the proper change between data and Mobile to make the phone actually rung,
Hope that helps

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

Huh. I'm (at times) not receiving any calls, but I was also not having my texts go thru either. I'm kinda on the edge of town, so I'm not really sure if I'm on LTE or HSPA+... it bounces between them on its own already, and I don't really pay attention since I'm always on wifi anyway.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

ATT Reps, Any update????

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

It is now March. Let's see if there will be a fix this month as someone has been told by an AT&T rep. 

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

I highly doubt that.....

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I just question why AT&T and some people on here expect that any update to JB will fix the issue.  It has been stated many times that Iphones, any LTE phone, in fact, is having the LTE issue of switching from LTE to voice on the AT&T network.  I see what is going to happen.  AT&T is going to try to buy themselves time by throwing the JB update to us, saying the problem is fixed, to buy them some more time.  Sigh, 11 more months to go before I'm free of AT&T.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

11 years ago

Well it's not like we need LTE for anything. What good is it for really? Reaching my monthly bandwidth cap in all of 6 entire minutes? Don't even give me crap about people who are grandfathered into unlimited plans... AT&T should stop doing that as soon as people's contract expired. As long as the solution m.a.s.e. posted above really works, then I really don't care about any other fix or JB 4.2 update. I'm pretty sure my Galaxy S3 worked just fine in 2012, before LTE was turned on here, so forcing the phone back to HSPA+ really just makes my phone work exactly the same as it did when I bought it anyway.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

ark42.

agree with you, but if i am paying for an LTE service and purchased a phone at full price that support LTE, i want to use LTE. 

i advance my self with technology, not go backwards....

the code works fine on my phone as well, but thats not a solution. 

my contract ends in may....

cant wait... 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Guys,

If the APN fix is not working, just disable the mobile data when you are connected with your wi-fi. This is work. Enable your mobile data when not on wi-fi. That's an other option.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.