For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

any update on this? 

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

well, 

i called att again. 

after many many many minutes of arguing with them this is a real issue (again)

they finally gave me something, how much of a B S it is i am unsure...

but i was able to get the so called case number of the memo of this issue.... 

according to them this is the ticket ID: {Personal content removed for your safety}

so feel free to call, check, ask and refrence this number...

i wonder if they just B S'ed me or its a real case number to check status of our issue.... 

what REALLY{word filter evasion} me off is when i asked why i am being charged full price with no usage of the phone while on LTE, their response was "we dont primiss LTE"

wow

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@m.a.s.e wrote:

well, 

i called att again. 

after many many many minutes of arguing with them this is a real issue (again)

they finally gave me something, how much of a B S it is i am unsure...

but i was able to get the so called case number of the memo of this issue.... 

according to them this is the ticket ID: {Personal content removed for your safety}

so feel free to call, check, ask and refrence this number...

i wonder if they just B S'ed me or its a real case number to check status of our issue.... 

what REALLY {word filter evasion} me off is when i asked why i am being charged full price with no usage of the phone while on LTE, their response was "we dont primiss LTE"

wow

This truly is a "wow"!  I have zero faith they will correct this and unfortunately, AT&T does not value us as customers.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Hmmm, AT&T feels they shouldn't have to compensate us because they can not guarantee LTE.  They also feel they should not have to compensate us because they can't guarantee basic phone service (our phones ringing when we get a call).  It's all win for AT&T.  They happily take our money, but, refuse to treat us with integrity and respect.  Well, the only thing that gets me through this is knowing when my contract is up, I have learned my lesson to never get into a contract again (pay the premium for a non-subsidized phone) and flee as far as I can from AT&T.  It also helps to know that as I educate others in my experience with AT&T, many of my friends, collegues, and family members will not be joining the AT&T family.   So, fellow AT&T members, although we are locked into a contract with dire financial burden if we choose to break it because we assumed we were at least going to get a service that rang our phones when we got a call, we can fight back by telling EVERYONE we know about our experiences!  It's time we the consumer fought back against this bull.

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

there is no resolution yet.

our phones will not ring while on LTE 

the fast solution is to perform the fix i gave a few posts back with the tech code and disable LTE

the future solution is to releast Jelly Beans 4.2 where this issue is resolved. but we need for ATT to release 4.2.... 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

For the sake of the issue, here is a cliff notes version of what was posted before:

-I have a GS3, it doesnt accept phone calls  (gee, a phone that doesnt function as a phone)

-Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

-AT&T customer service wont listen to me, keep telling me its a fault with my device

I mean really... is it too much anymore to ask that a cell phone actually functions as a cell phone?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

For the record, the so called "fix" does NOT WORK.  Althought it allows more calls than the initial problem, it is now causing my phone to drop service entirely for a few minutes at a time, before re-gaining signal.  And by this I mean the phone drops to no bars, then to the "no service" icon.

which, for the record, means that i dont even have a tablet at that point... no internet, or outside communication at all.  i use this phone for navigation, and its beginning to cause a problem.

SOMEONE START MAKING AT&T ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS PROBLEM.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

It seems as though we have a few people that are trying to shed light on this situation (more than ATT has) and that information is being edited out. Perhaps it is because someone has said something that is true that ATT does not want out?

Jamileh, I would like a response from someone above you on this issue. I want that person to verify their name and title within ATT so that we can understand what is going on. We need a firm timeline for the fix.  Not "1-2 months". We want a firm timeline. We want a timeline that shows potential solutions within a given week. If that week is 6 weeks away we want that. If it is next week, we want that. No wait, we deserve that . At this point you have posted multiple times. First, it was that the problem is solved (which is what it still states on the forum which is A FLAT OUT LIE). Second, you responded that you can't speak to when updates will be out (i.e.. JB 4.2), and third, you have stated that ATT is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Now you are editing people's posts.

I have not heard of people on Verizon having these issues that we are having. Perhaps all Galaxy S3 users on ATT living in cities with LTE should ask for a refund so that we can switch? Would that be acceptable to you and others at ATT? I have been an ATT customer for over 10+ years and I find this to be ridiculous. The lack of communication and transparency on this issue and the fact that it seems as though everyone wants to cover it up and act like it is not their issue.

The fix that you provided doesn't work in the sense that it actually allows my phone to be working all the time. I too, get the "network not available" icon and the "emergency calls only" popup at least a couple times a day. So please make sure that we have a firm deadline as to when it will be fixed. I know of a lot of issues all around this world that I can say I am working on (just like ATT is telling us they are aware and working on this issue) but that doesn't mean that I am going to get around to actually fixing them within the next 5 years. You are running the risk of alienating a lot of long-time customers. And remember, the people that you see posting on this forum is just the tip of the iceberg. Think about all the people that are not posting on this forum that are having this same issue.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Well Said, 

the solution for this issue needs to be removed. 

it should be changed to my posted solution with the tech code that will not result in "emergency calls only" but even then, it should not be accepted as a "solution" but rather it should be "temp solution". 

i would love it if the Community manager will bring us an official response from ATT.

ultimatily i would love it that when people call, the ATT tech rep that answers the phone does not respond with "i am not aware of any issue" and instruct me to bring the phone back to ATT. 

i have 3 SG3's in my fam. all have the same issue, started at the same time.

it is def not a phone issue. 

i would love an official response. 

and would love to see the "solution" being removed as it is clearly not a solution.... 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Actually the word "solution" should be removed altogether and perhaps replaced with "work-around". I too had constant emergency calls only using the solution from a video where you create a whole new APN but the remedy of entering a code through the dialer has worked for me to receive calls and texts with not once getting a no service warning. I am still very angry that I cannot utilize the LTE network which drew me to this phone and fully expect to regain that service I contracted for!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.