Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2012
5:15:14 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 5:51:42 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:33:18 AM

Guys,

I got this issue fixed. You dont have to remove the battery or even restart your phone for that matter. This problem occurs mainly because of 4G LTE. I dont know if its the phone or the service. So, I have found an alternative.

What you need to do is add a new APN and run your device on 3G so that you can still get calls and browse until att or samsung fixes this issue. You can either use 4G toggle which you can download from google play to toggle between 3g and 4g. Or you can add as I have said above the new APN. Please go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile Networks ->Access point names-> (+ new APN) . Give the Name of your choice but the APN should be defined as wap.cingular and finally save it. Change the existing apn to your newly created apn. Go to you home menu and you will see the 4G is used insted 4G LTE. You can even check your speed by using speed test.

Actually now I even have fewer dropped calls and I get the calls as soon as they call it. 

Please watch the below url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TqXFd5aJcuY or read this link : http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/243505-jelly-bean-4-1-1-phone-calls-bug.html

<CM EDIT:

We are researching this but I have marked jan_raghavan's suggestion as an Accepted Solution for the time being because it's worked for a couple people. 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible.>

Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

498 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(498)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 6:41:06 PM
(0)
Scholar
That was me, enjoy. I'm glad it helped. But remember, ur paying for lte but can't use it, so yes be happy. But also demand result from att :-)
That was me, enjoy. I'm glad it helped. But remember, ur paying for lte but can't use it, so yes be happy. But also demand result from att :-)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

151 of 499 (4,023 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 9:06:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by The Q101 on Feb 18, 2013 at 9:07:11 PM

LOL by "march" they mean sometimes in the fall or next year

LOL by "march" they mean sometimes in the fall or next year

[ Edited ]
152 of 499 (4,010 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 7:17:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

After talking with ATT support, it seemed like the best idea was to have ATT drop me back to 4G ( no LTE) They can easily do this. Now I have some documentation to go back to ATT with, and ask for compensation for not having LTE capabilities; even though I am being charged. for them. Best case scenario is that when ATT finally comes up with a fix to allow full LTE and no calls just showing up in VM, they will come up with a reasonable and fair credit for the time not having LTE and the vast number of time consuming calls made to tech support trying to get through to them that there is a problem. I think the word is finally getting to tech support that there are issues. If you call tech support and they do not know what you are refering to, tell them that you believe that there is an issue with the service in your area not switching between, LTE and 4G. This may or may not be nation wide, but only in specific regions. I believe that they are working on the problem, but I would not expect and immediate solution

After talking with ATT support, it seemed like the best idea was to have ATT drop me back to 4G ( no LTE) They can easily do this. Now I have some documentation to go back to ATT with, and ask for compensation for not having LTE capabilities; even though I am being charged. for them. Best case scenario is that when ATT finally comes up with a fix to allow full LTE and no calls just showing up in VM, they will come up with a reasonable and fair credit for the time not having LTE and the vast number of time consuming calls made to tech support trying to get through to them that there is a problem. I think the word is finally getting to tech support that there are issues. If you call tech support and they do not know what you are refering to, tell them that you believe that there is an issue with the service in your area not switching between, LTE and 4G. This may or may not be nation wide, but only in specific regions. I believe that they are working on the problem, but I would not expect and immediate solution

153 of 499 (3,970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 8:39:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T customer service called. Said that they were aware of the problem with LTE and Android but had no resolution. They are sending a new SIM card to just have on record that they tried. I told her repeatedly to check this thread. She was unaware that it existed and refused to write it down, so I read it into the 'recorded' version of the call and also pointed her to the IM threads from three previous sessions which she said she didn't have access to.

I've been testing a work-around since the network monitor I've installed shows that every voice call switches the network from LTE, 4G to UMTS, 3G. When the call completes, it switches back to LTE, 4G. 1% of the last 48 hours, it has switched to HSPA+, 4G then back to LTE, 4G.

The work around is that I've enabled the AT&T mobile data even when I’m on a solid Wi-Fi connection. It appears that the mobile data connection is necessary to manage the network switch since about 100K in data network traffic happens even when I've got a solid Wi-Fi connection to manage the switch between the 4G and 3G networks.

Since I'm on a 300M data limit, the AT&T rep said that AT&T would compensate me for any overage in network usage for leaving the mobile network on. Others who are having the issue might want to try this work-around. But since if someone calls, the phone doesn't ring and if they leave no voice mail, I can't tell how mad they are until I get a second call that goes through or a text or an email, I'm not sure this work-around works. But so far, no missed calls since making this change, or at least none that I know about.

AT&T customer service called. Said that they were aware of the problem with LTE and Android but had no resolution. They are sending a new SIM card to just have on record that they tried. I told her repeatedly to check this thread. She was unaware that it existed and refused to write it down, so I read it into the 'recorded' version of the call and also pointed her to the IM threads from three previous sessions which she said she didn't have access to.

I've been testing a work-around since the network monitor I've installed shows that every voice call switches the network from LTE, 4G to UMTS, 3G. When the call completes, it switches back to LTE, 4G. 1% of the last 48 hours, it has switched to HSPA+, 4G then back to LTE, 4G.

The work around is that I've enabled the AT&T mobile data even when I’m on a solid Wi-Fi connection. It appears that the mobile data connection is necessary to manage the network switch since about 100K in data network traffic happens even when I've got a solid Wi-Fi connection to manage the switch between the 4G and 3G networks.

Since I'm on a 300M data limit, the AT&T rep said that AT&T would compensate me for any overage in network usage for leaving the mobile network on. Others who are having the issue might want to try this work-around. But since if someone calls, the phone doesn't ring and if they leave no voice mail, I can't tell how mad they are until I get a second call that goes through or a text or an email, I'm not sure this work-around works. But so far, no missed calls since making this change, or at least none that I know about.

154 of 499 (3,959 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 10:28:06 AM
(0)
Mentor

What are the 13 markets that are affected? I live in South Florida and there is a brand new GS3 waiting for me at home to replace the GS2 that is having an issue of shutting itself down when it's idle and the battery draining and you never know you've missed calls, since an over-the-air update in December.

My father has stage 4 kidney disease and I just can't miss a call in case I'm needed. Please tell me if any of you experiencing this problem live in South Florida.

What are the 13 markets that are affected? I live in South Florida and there is a brand new GS3 waiting for me at home to replace the GS2 that is having an issue of shutting itself down when it's idle and the battery draining and you never know you've missed calls, since an over-the-air update in December.

My father has stage 4 kidney disease and I just can't miss a call in case I'm needed. Please tell me if any of you experiencing this problem live in South Florida.

155 of 499 (3,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 12:10:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

NoStuff -- could you explain how to "enable mobile data" even when on Wi-Fi?

In general, how does WiFi status affect the problem that people are experiencing? Do missed calls occur when on Wifi? When not on Wifi? Does it matter?

NoStuff -- could you explain how to "enable mobile data" even when on Wi-Fi?

In general, how does WiFi status affect the problem that people are experiencing? Do missed calls occur when on Wifi? When not on Wifi? Does it matter?

156 of 499 (3,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 12:11:59 PM
(0)
Scholar

you will miss calls when you are on LTE only. 

you will miss calls when you are on LTE only. 

157 of 499 (3,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 12:21:55 PM
(0)
Mentor

In my case, my radios (WIFI and DATA) are always off unless and I use them on demand. With both radios off, my phone still would not permit calls/texts to come through. The fix of using a code through the dialer has stopped this but I am not utilizing the LTE phone and network I am paying for.

In my case, my radios (WIFI and DATA) are always off unless and I use them on demand. With both radios off, my phone still would not permit calls/texts to come through. The fix of using a code through the dialer has stopped this but I am not utilizing the LTE phone and network I am paying for.

158 of 499 (3,922 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 12:23:04 PM
(0)
Scholar

and that is exactly why this thread is about. 

thats what weve been trying to get att to do...

fix it

since were paying for it

and that is exactly why this thread is about. 

thats what weve been trying to get att to do...

fix it

since were paying for it

159 of 499 (3,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 5:07:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

bztips - you enable 'mobile data' in Settings - Data Usage then check Mobile Data.

Since making this switch, I'm not having the problem with calls not ringing.

bztips - you enable 'mobile data' in Settings - Data Usage then check Mobile Data.

Since making this switch, I'm not having the problem with calls not ringing.

160 of 499 (3,874 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 7:41:29 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by kingpin815 on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:42:13 PM

Just to add another market it is happening in is Michigan. It is happening to a few of my friends also. I'm so fed up with this crap that I'm willing to cancel all of my contracts, sell the phones on eBay to pay the cancellation fees and switch over to Big Red. I just read today that ATT is going to expand it's LTE network to LTE Advanced in the second half of 2013. What a joke. They can't even get the original LTE working, so what good is the advanced going to do?

Just to add another market it is happening in is Michigan. It is happening to a few of my friends also. I'm so fed up with this crap that I'm willing to cancel all of my contracts, sell the phones on eBay to pay the cancellation fees and switch over to Big Red. I just read today that ATT is going to expand it's LTE network to LTE Advanced in the second half of 2013. What a joke. They can't even get the original LTE working, so what good is the advanced going to do?

[ Edited ]
161 of 499 (3,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 8:11:47 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey all....

AT&T is aware of the issue and we have begun working on a resolution.  We continue to investigate reports of customers not able to make or receive calls.  We hope to resolve this issue in the near future.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey all....

AT&T is aware of the issue and we have begun working on a resolution.  We continue to investigate reports of customers not able to make or receive calls.  We hope to resolve this issue in the near future.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

162 of 499 (3,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2013 11:36:45 PM
(0)
Voyager

My GS3 has been repeatedly dropping calls and missing texts.  Three calls to AT&T customer support have "resolved" the issue, only to have it re-appear days later.  

I've absolutely had my fill with this.  There is NO REASON for this to happen.  If you sell me an LTE device, the implication is you'll have a functional LTE network for it.  I'm this close to paying an early termination fee and switching to Verizon.  I don't care about the cost - I need a functional phone, and AT&T has failed to provide that.

Fix this NOW, or you'll lose a loyal customer.

My GS3 has been repeatedly dropping calls and missing texts.  Three calls to AT&T customer support have "resolved" the issue, only to have it re-appear days later.  

I've absolutely had my fill with this.  There is NO REASON for this to happen.  If you sell me an LTE device, the implication is you'll have a functional LTE network for it.  I'm this close to paying an early termination fee and switching to Verizon.  I don't care about the cost - I need a functional phone, and AT&T has failed to provide that.

Fix this NOW, or you'll lose a loyal customer.

163 of 499 (3,707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 5:58:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

To add my 2cents worth, My cell is an extension of my office phone. Working from home or on the road, my cell is as critical as my office phone.  My company requires the use of ATT for Cell service (and they also pay for it).  I have a S3 running 4.1.1.

My problems include

• missed calls, both direct to the cell and forwarded by my company's PBX to my cell.
    • My company uses a SmartPhone application to integrate the Cell and PBX.
  • Poor transistion from WiFI home network to 4G-LTE.  No IP address aquired if moving from WiFi to 4g. Requires the manual stopping of the WiFi and then a On/Off toggle of "Airplane" mode to restart and connect the 4G.
  • Non-working GPS.  Requires a  phnoe restart to clear.

90% of the time, I am in my home office with my cell connected to my home WiFi.  Missed calls are seen when a Voice Mail is received, but the cell did not ring.... UGH.

Looking forward to 1) a resolution and 2) the upgrade to 4.1.2

To add my 2cents worth, My cell is an extension of my office phone. Working from home or on the road, my cell is as critical as my office phone.  My company requires the use of ATT for Cell service (and they also pay for it).  I have a S3 running 4.1.1.

My problems include

• missed calls, both direct to the cell and forwarded by my company's PBX to my cell.
    • My company uses a SmartPhone application to integrate the Cell and PBX.
  • Poor transistion from WiFI home network to 4G-LTE.  No IP address aquired if moving from WiFi to 4g. Requires the manual stopping of the WiFi and then a On/Off toggle of "Airplane" mode to restart and connect the 4G.
  • Non-working GPS.  Requires a  phnoe restart to clear.

90% of the time, I am in my home office with my cell connected to my home WiFi.  Missed calls are seen when a Voice Mail is received, but the cell did not ring.... UGH.

Looking forward to 1) a resolution and 2) the upgrade to 4.1.2

164 of 499 (3,683 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 8:54:51 AM
(0)
Scholar

How is it possible that they are "AWARE" but every time i call they blame me, my cell, google, everyone but admitting there is an issue. 

oh, and thats after me trying to convince them for 45 minutes that there is a problem.... 

dont just say" they are aware" show us where it is posted that ATT is officially recognizing an issue and working on resolving it.... 

How is it possible that they are "AWARE" but every time i call they blame me, my cell, google, everyone but admitting there is an issue. 

oh, and thats after me trying to convince them for 45 minutes that there is a problem.... 

dont just say" they are aware" show us where it is posted that ATT is officially recognizing an issue and working on resolving it.... 

165 of 499 (3,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 3:57:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

One additional note - the missed calls seem worse during the middle of the day.  In the PM, testing seems OK, but the same test around noon fail.

One additional note - the missed calls seem worse during the middle of the day.  In the PM, testing seems OK, but the same test around noon fail.

166 of 499 (3,607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 8:44:09 PM
(0)
Teacher
This is exactly what I am experiencing.

I also find it coincidental that it began just after at&t began to throttle me. Does anyone else have this experience.

It's there any solution?
This is exactly what I am experiencing.

I also find it coincidental that it began just after at&t began to throttle me. Does anyone else have this experience.

It's there any solution?

167 of 499 (3,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 9:48:06 PM
(0)
Teacher
Having same issue in north Boston on Samsung galaxy note 2.
Trying apn fix, will call at for rebate.
Att response is really sad on this issue, very disappointed, but not surprised. Wonder how many people have this issue but don't realize.
Having same issue in north Boston on Samsung galaxy note 2.
Trying apn fix, will call at for rebate.
Att response is really sad on this issue, very disappointed, but not surprised. Wonder how many people have this issue but don't realize.

168 of 499 (3,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 8:23:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

Adding another voice to the mix--phone has rolled over to voicemail without ringing since 2/21/13 in the p.m.; have checked all settings and tried all suggestions on this post. Today everything has rolled over EXCEPT one call, which tells me it's not the phone--it has to be the network. I tested it, got sent to my voicemail, put it down and then the phone rang about two minutes later. Tested it again just now from both a land line and another ATT phone and it rolled over to voicemail again.

Adding another voice to the mix--phone has rolled over to voicemail without ringing since 2/21/13 in the p.m.; have checked all settings and tried all suggestions on this post. Today everything has rolled over EXCEPT one call, which tells me it's not the phone--it has to be the network. I tested it, got sent to my voicemail, put it down and then the phone rang about two minutes later. Tested it again just now from both a land line and another ATT phone and it rolled over to voicemail again.

169 of 499 (3,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 9:34:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T customer service called. They said that there are no network issues in my area and have closed the case. I explained that it is impossible to know if the issue is resolved since when someone calls and the phone doesn't ring, doesn't leave a 'missed call' notice and the caller doesn't leave a voice mail or doesn't call back and complain, there's no way to know if the issue has been resolved.

He wasn't listening, said that it was a problem with my phone. He did confirm that there needs to be a solid network access in order for the incoming call to force the network from 4G LTE to 3G UMTS, which is what happens everytime I get a voice call. I told him that I had a solid Wi-Fi when it was happening but he said that I need to ALWAYS have the AT&T mobile data turned on.

So, no way to know for sure if this is really solved. But my case has been closed by AT&T.

If anyone wants to see the network switch, you can download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gdip.android.phonecenter&feature=search_result#?t=W251...

AT&T customer service called. They said that there are no network issues in my area and have closed the case. I explained that it is impossible to know if the issue is resolved since when someone calls and the phone doesn't ring, doesn't leave a 'missed call' notice and the caller doesn't leave a voice mail or doesn't call back and complain, there's no way to know if the issue has been resolved.

He wasn't listening, said that it was a problem with my phone. He did confirm that there needs to be a solid network access in order for the incoming call to force the network from 4G LTE to 3G UMTS, which is what happens everytime I get a voice call. I told him that I had a solid Wi-Fi when it was happening but he said that I need to ALWAYS have the AT&T mobile data turned on.

So, no way to know for sure if this is really solved. But my case has been closed by AT&T.

If anyone wants to see the network switch, you can download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gdip.android.phonecenter&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImdkaXAuYW5kcm9pZC5waG9uZWNlbnRlciJd

170 of 499 (3,523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2013 8:07:47 AM
(0)
Scholar

any update on this? 

any update on this? 

171 of 499 (3,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 5:50:12 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Taylarie on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:08:16 AM

well, 

i called att again. 

after many many many minutes of arguing with them this is a real issue (again)

they finally gave me something, how much of a B S it is i am unsure...

but i was able to get the so called case number of the memo of this issue.... 

according to them this is the ticket ID: {Personal content removed for your safety}

so feel free to call, check, ask and refrence this number...

i wonder if they just B S'ed me or its a real case number to check status of our issue.... 

what REALLY{word filter evasion} me off is when i asked why i am being charged full price with no usage of the phone while on LTE, their response was "we dont primiss LTE"

wow

well, 

i called att again. 

according to them this is the ticket ID: {Personal content removed for your safety}

i wonder if they just B S'ed me or its a real case number to check status of our issue.... 

what REALLY{word filter evasion} me off is when i asked why i am being charged full price with no usage of the phone while on LTE, their response was "we dont primiss LTE"

wow

[ Edited ]
172 of 499 (3,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 5:58:48 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Taylarie on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:09:04 AM

m.a.s.e wrote:

well, 

i called att again. 

what REALLY {word filter evasion} me off is when i asked why i am being charged full price with no usage of the phone while on LTE, their response was "we dont primiss LTE"

wow

This truly is a "wow"!  I have zero faith they will correct this and unfortunately, AT&T does not value us as customers.

m.a.s.e wrote:

well, 

i called att again. 

what REALLY {word filter evasion} me off is when i asked why i am being charged full price with no usage of the phone while on LTE, their response was "we dont primiss LTE"

wow

This truly is a "wow"!  I have zero faith they will correct this and unfortunately, AT&T does not value us as customers.

[ Edited ]
173 of 499 (3,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 11:23:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

Hmmm, AT&T feels they shouldn't have to compensate us because they can not guarantee LTE.  They also feel they should not have to compensate us because they can't guarantee basic phone service (our phones ringing when we get a call).  It's all win for AT&T.  They happily take our money, but, refuse to treat us with integrity and respect.  Well, the only thing that gets me through this is knowing when my contract is up, I have learned my lesson to never get into a contract again (pay the premium for a non-subsidized phone) and flee as far as I can from AT&T.  It also helps to know that as I educate others in my experience with AT&T, many of my friends, collegues, and family members will not be joining the AT&T family.   So, fellow AT&T members, although we are locked into a contract with dire financial burden if we choose to break it because we assumed we were at least going to get a service that rang our phones when we got a call, we can fight back by telling EVERYONE we know about our experiences!  It's time we the consumer fought back against this bull.

Hmmm, AT&T feels they shouldn't have to compensate us because they can not guarantee LTE.  They also feel they should not have to compensate us because they can't guarantee basic phone service (our phones ringing when we get a call).  It's all win for AT&T.  They happily take our money, but, refuse to treat us with integrity and respect.  Well, the only thing that gets me through this is knowing when my contract is up, I have learned my lesson to never get into a contract again (pay the premium for a non-subsidized phone) and flee as far as I can from AT&T.  It also helps to know that as I educate others in my experience with AT&T, many of my friends, collegues, and family members will not be joining the AT&T family.   So, fellow AT&T members, although we are locked into a contract with dire financial burden if we choose to break it because we assumed we were at least going to get a service that rang our phones when we got a call, we can fight back by telling EVERYONE we know about our experiences!  It's time we the consumer fought back against this bull.

174 of 499 (3,193 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 1:48:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by jamileh on Feb 26, 2013 at 2:31:15 PM

<CM EDIT>

there is no resolution yet.

our phones will not ring while on LTE 

the fast solution is to perform the fix i gave a few posts back with the tech code and disable LTE

the future solution is to releast Jelly Beans 4.2 where this issue is resolved. but we need for ATT to release 4.2.... 

<CM EDIT>

there is no resolution yet.

our phones will not ring while on LTE 

the fast solution is to perform the fix i gave a few posts back with the tech code and disable LTE

the future solution is to releast Jelly Beans 4.2 where this issue is resolved. but we need for ATT to release 4.2.... 

[ Edited ]
175 of 499 (3,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 2:03:00 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jamileh on Feb 26, 2013 at 2:30:30 PM

<CM EDIT>

For the sake of the issue, here is a cliff notes version of what was posted before:

-I have a GS3, it doesnt accept phone calls  (gee, a phone that doesnt function as a phone)

-Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

-AT&T customer service wont listen to me, keep telling me its a fault with my device

<CM EDIT>

I mean really... is it too much anymore to ask that a cell phone actually functions as a cell phone?

<CM EDIT>

For the sake of the issue, here is a cliff notes version of what was posted before:

-I have a GS3, it doesnt accept phone calls  (gee, a phone that doesnt function as a phone)

-Located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

-AT&T customer service wont listen to me, keep telling me its a fault with my device

<CM EDIT>

I mean really... is it too much anymore to ask that a cell phone actually functions as a cell phone?

[ Edited ]
176 of 499 (3,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2013 3:29:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

For the record, the so called "fix" does NOT WORK.  Althought it allows more calls than the initial problem, it is now causing my phone to drop service entirely for a few minutes at a time, before re-gaining signal.  And by this I mean the phone drops to no bars, then to the "no service" icon.

which, for the record, means that i dont even have a tablet at that point... no internet, or outside communication at all.  i use this phone for navigation, and its beginning to cause a problem.

SOMEONE START MAKING AT&T ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS PROBLEM.

For the record, the so called "fix" does NOT WORK.  Althought it allows more calls than the initial problem, it is now causing my phone to drop service entirely for a few minutes at a time, before re-gaining signal.  And by this I mean the phone drops to no bars, then to the "no service" icon.

which, for the record, means that i dont even have a tablet at that point... no internet, or outside communication at all.  i use this phone for navigation, and its beginning to cause a problem.

SOMEONE START MAKING AT&T ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS PROBLEM.

177 of 499 (3,053 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2013 6:15:17 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Taylarie on Feb 27, 2013 at 6:33:56 AM

It seems as though we have a few people that are trying to shed light on this situation (more than ATT has) and that information is being edited out. Perhaps it is because someone has said something that is true that ATT does not want out?

Jamileh, I would like a response from someone above you on this issue. I want that person to verify their name and title within ATT so that we can understand what is going on. We need a firm timeline for the fix.  Not "1-2 months". We want a firm timeline. We want a timeline that shows potential solutions within a given week. If that week is 6 weeks away we want that. If it is next week, we want that. No wait, we deserve that . At this point you have posted multiple times. First, it was that the problem is solved (which is what it still states on the forum which is A FLAT OUT LIE). Second, you responded that you can't speak to when updates will be out (i.e.. JB 4.2), and third, you have stated that ATT is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Now you are editing people's posts.

I have not heard of people on Verizon having these issues that we are having. Perhaps all Galaxy S3 users on ATT living in cities with LTE should ask for a refund so that we can switch? Would that be acceptable to you and others at ATT? I have been an ATT customer for over 10+ years and I find this to be ridiculous. The lack of communication and transparency on this issue and the fact that it seems as though everyone wants to cover it up and act like it is not their issue.

The fix that you provided doesn't work in the sense that it actually allows my phone to be working all the time. I too, get the "network not available" icon and the "emergency calls only" popup at least a couple times a day. So please make sure that we have a firm deadline as to when it will be fixed. I know of a lot of issues all around this world that I can say I am working on (just like ATT is telling us they are aware and working on this issue) but that doesn't mean that I am going to get around to actually fixing them within the next 5 years. You are running the risk of alienating a lot of long-time customers. And remember, the people that you see posting on this forum is just the tip of the iceberg. Think about all the people that are not posting on this forum that are having this same issue.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

It seems as though we have a few people that are trying to shed light on this situation (more than ATT has) and that information is being edited out. Perhaps it is because someone has said something that is true that ATT does not want out?

Jamileh, I would like a response from someone above you on this issue. I want that person to verify their name and title within ATT so that we can understand what is going on. We need a firm timeline for the fix.  Not "1-2 months". We want a firm timeline. We want a timeline that shows potential solutions within a given week. If that week is 6 weeks away we want that. If it is next week, we want that. No wait, we deserve that . At this point you have posted multiple times. First, it was that the problem is solved (which is what it still states on the forum which is A FLAT OUT LIE). Second, you responded that you can't speak to when updates will be out (i.e.. JB 4.2), and third, you have stated that ATT is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Now you are editing people's posts.

I have not heard of people on Verizon having these issues that we are having. Perhaps all Galaxy S3 users on ATT living in cities with LTE should ask for a refund so that we can switch? Would that be acceptable to you and others at ATT? I have been an ATT customer for over 10+ years and I find this to be ridiculous. The lack of communication and transparency on this issue and the fact that it seems as though everyone wants to cover it up and act like it is not their issue.

The fix that you provided doesn't work in the sense that it actually allows my phone to be working all the time. I too, get the "network not available" icon and the "emergency calls only" popup at least a couple times a day. So please make sure that we have a firm deadline as to when it will be fixed. I know of a lot of issues all around this world that I can say I am working on (just like ATT is telling us they are aware and working on this issue) but that doesn't mean that I am going to get around to actually fixing them within the next 5 years. You are running the risk of alienating a lot of long-time customers. And remember, the people that you see posting on this forum is just the tip of the iceberg. Think about all the people that are not posting on this forum that are having this same issue.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

[ Edited ]
178 of 499 (2,972 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2013 6:26:25 AM
(0)
Scholar

Well Said, 

the solution for this issue needs to be removed. 

it should be changed to my posted solution with the tech code that will not result in "emergency calls only" but even then, it should not be accepted as a "solution" but rather it should be "temp solution". 

i would love it if the Community manager will bring us an official response from ATT.

ultimatily i would love it that when people call, the ATT tech rep that answers the phone does not respond with "i am not aware of any issue" and instruct me to bring the phone back to ATT. 

i have 3 SG3's in my fam. all have the same issue, started at the same time.

it is def not a phone issue. 

i would love an official response. 

and would love to see the "solution" being removed as it is clearly not a solution.... 

Well Said, 

the solution for this issue needs to be removed. 

it should be changed to my posted solution with the tech code that will not result in "emergency calls only" but even then, it should not be accepted as a "solution" but rather it should be "temp solution". 

i would love it if the Community manager will bring us an official response from ATT.

ultimatily i would love it that when people call, the ATT tech rep that answers the phone does not respond with "i am not aware of any issue" and instruct me to bring the phone back to ATT. 

i have 3 SG3's in my fam. all have the same issue, started at the same time.

it is def not a phone issue. 

i would love an official response. 

and would love to see the "solution" being removed as it is clearly not a solution.... 

179 of 499 (2,969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2013 6:31:55 AM
(0)
Mentor

Actually the word "solution" should be removed altogether and perhaps replaced with "work-around". I too had constant emergency calls only using the solution from a video where you create a whole new APN but the remedy of entering a code through the dialer has worked for me to receive calls and texts with not once getting a no service warning. I am still very angry that I cannot utilize the LTE network which drew me to this phone and fully expect to regain that service I contracted for!

Actually the word "solution" should be removed altogether and perhaps replaced with "work-around". I too had constant emergency calls only using the solution from a video where you create a whole new APN but the remedy of entering a code through the dialer has worked for me to receive calls and texts with not once getting a no service warning. I am still very angry that I cannot utilize the LTE network which drew me to this phone and fully expect to regain that service I contracted for!

180 of 499 (2,966 Views)