The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just to add another market it is happening in is Michigan. It is happening to a few of my friends also. I'm so fed up with this crap that I'm willing to cancel all of my contracts, sell the phones on eBay to pay the cancellation fees and switch over to Big Red. I just read today that ATT is going to expand it's LTE network to LTE Advanced in the second half of 2013. What a joke. They can't even get the original LTE working, so what good is the advanced going to do?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey all....

AT&T is aware of the issue and we have begun working on a resolution.  We continue to investigate reports of customers not able to make or receive calls.  We hope to resolve this issue in the near future.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My GS3 has been repeatedly dropping calls and missing texts.  Three calls to AT&T customer support have "resolved" the issue, only to have it re-appear days later.  

I've absolutely had my fill with this.  There is NO REASON for this to happen.  If you sell me an LTE device, the implication is you'll have a functional LTE network for it.  I'm this close to paying an early termination fee and switching to Verizon.  I don't care about the cost - I need a functional phone, and AT&T has failed to provide that.

Fix this NOW, or you'll lose a loyal customer.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

To add my 2cents worth, My cell is an extension of my office phone. Working from home or on the road, my cell is as critical as my office phone.  My company requires the use of ATT for Cell service (and they also pay for it).  I have a S3 running 4.1.1.

My problems include

• missed calls, both direct to the cell and forwarded by my company's PBX to my cell.
    • My company uses a SmartPhone application to integrate the Cell and PBX.
  • Poor transistion from WiFI home network to 4G-LTE.  No IP address aquired if moving from WiFi to 4g. Requires the manual stopping of the WiFi and then a On/Off toggle of "Airplane" mode to restart and connect the 4G.
  • Non-working GPS.  Requires a  phnoe restart to clear.

90% of the time, I am in my home office with my cell connected to my home WiFi.  Missed calls are seen when a Voice Mail is received, but the cell did not ring.... UGH.

Looking forward to 1) a resolution and 2) the upgrade to 4.1.2

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

How is it possible that they are "AWARE" but every time i call they blame me, my cell, google, everyone but admitting there is an issue. 

oh, and thats after me trying to convince them for 45 minutes that there is a problem.... 

dont just say" they are aware" show us where it is posted that ATT is officially recognizing an issue and working on resolving it.... 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

One additional note - the missed calls seem worse during the middle of the day.  In the PM, testing seems OK, but the same test around noon fail.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

This is exactly what I am experiencing.

I also find it coincidental that it began just after at&t began to throttle me. Does anyone else have this experience.

It's there any solution?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Having same issue in north Boston on Samsung galaxy note 2.
Trying apn fix, will call at for rebate.
Att response is really sad on this issue, very disappointed, but not surprised. Wonder how many people have this issue but don't realize.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Adding another voice to the mix--phone has rolled over to voicemail without ringing since 2/21/13 in the p.m.; have checked all settings and tried all suggestions on this post. Today everything has rolled over EXCEPT one call, which tells me it's not the phone--it has to be the network. I tested it, got sent to my voicemail, put it down and then the phone rang about two minutes later. Tested it again just now from both a land line and another ATT phone and it rolled over to voicemail again.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T customer service called. They said that there are no network issues in my area and have closed the case. I explained that it is impossible to know if the issue is resolved since when someone calls and the phone doesn't ring, doesn't leave a 'missed call' notice and the caller doesn't leave a voice mail or doesn't call back and complain, there's no way to know if the issue has been resolved.

He wasn't listening, said that it was a problem with my phone. He did confirm that there needs to be a solid network access in order for the incoming call to force the network from 4G LTE to 3G UMTS, which is what happens everytime I get a voice call. I told him that I had a solid Wi-Fi when it was happening but he said that I need to ALWAYS have the AT&T mobile data turned on.

So, no way to know for sure if this is really solved. But my case has been closed by AT&T.

If anyone wants to see the network switch, you can download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gdip.android.phonecenter&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImdkaXAuYW5kcm9pZC5waG9uZWNlbnRlciJd

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.