For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

James  at AT&T said "resolution date is morning (PST) of february 15, 2013 Case ID: CM20130212_59952323"

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

everyone who called got that....

each time the date is different cause they give it to u as an individual case. 

on feb 15th they will call only u and tell u they are aware of this issue and untill then u just have to wait.... 

the date they gave u is NOT a resolution date for this issue, 

its a date where they will "try" to fix ur individual call. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah my resolution expires topmorrow the 13th.........................Umm yay

When they do call you back, ask them why they do not make front line tech support aware of this so people can get an answer in one call instead of ten!

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

Guys, 

which:

ROM?

MODEM VERSION?

ANDROID VERSION?

are you in (and have the LTE no call issue). 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

They create a case every time I call them with a resolution date, however, the case gets closed saying it's a know issue. The frustrating part is if you ask what plan do they have until the issue is resolved, they just hang up the phone, happened atleast twice for me, just rude. no body here would afford to miss calls, there was an emergency situations where I did not receive the call, where my daughters school tried to call me to inform me that she is not feeling well and needs to be picked up. I don't know to how to escalate this situation and have them understand better.

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I think the problem has gotten worse for the past 2 weeks. I live in NYC and am losing the signal a couple of times almost eveyday. Hope there's a fix for this soon. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

@joenyc0 wrote:

I think the problem has gotten worse for the past 2 weeks. I live in NYC and am losing the signal a couple of times almost eveyday. Hope there's a fix for this soon. 

Until they do find a fix, why not do the work-around described in this thread. I dropped back to HSPA last Sunday and my phone hasn't failed once this week. I know it is not a cure but at least for now I am not missing calls and texts!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Was supposed to get a solution from AT&T this morning.

Nothing received.

Am using the 3G solution described in this thread when I'm stationary, which seems to work, but have also been unable to connect to the data network when mobile and have been locked into 'emergency calls only' mode once.

Clearly, there's something wrong with the AT&T network.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Just finished an IM session with AT&T. Allison Balliet said, "There is no update on when it will be resolved,"

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

still no fix and still no word from aTT

this is crazy

charging us and taking the money is easy, but giving us what were paying for is not...

i would not be as mad if ATT would say "yeah we are aware of it and fixing it" rather then giving me a level -5 tech guy that i need to explain to him what LTE is.

if i will hear one more Tech guy/girl telling me "we are not aware of the issue, you need to go and replace your sim or reset your phone" i am gona explode. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.