Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 9, 2012
5:15:14 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 5:51:42 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:33:18 AM

Guys,

I got this issue fixed. You dont have to remove the battery or even restart your phone for that matter. This problem occurs mainly because of 4G LTE. I dont know if its the phone or the service. So, I have found an alternative.

What you need to do is add a new APN and run your device on 3G so that you can still get calls and browse until att or samsung fixes this issue. You can either use 4G toggle which you can download from google play to toggle between 3g and 4g. Or you can add as I have said above the new APN. Please go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile Networks ->Access point names-> (+ new APN) . Give the Name of your choice but the APN should be defined as wap.cingular and finally save it. Change the existing apn to your newly created apn. Go to you home menu and you will see the 4G is used insted 4G LTE. You can even check your speed by using speed test.

Actually now I even have fewer dropped calls and I get the calls as soon as they call it. 

Please watch the below url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TqXFd5aJcuY or read this link : http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/243505-jelly-bean-4-1-1-phone-calls-bug.html

<CM EDIT:

We are researching this but I have marked jan_raghavan's suggestion as an Accepted Solution for the time being because it's worked for a couple people. 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible.>

498 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(498)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 2:01:33 PM
(0)
Mentor

m.a.s.e wrote:

i disabled mine with *#2663#

Just checking... You use the same code/procedure to put it back to LTE if you want to, correct?

m.a.s.e wrote:

i disabled mine with *#2663#

Just checking... You use the same code/procedure to put it back to LTE if you want to, correct?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

121 of 499 (16,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 2:10:13 PM
(0)
Scholar
Easily
Easily

122 of 499 (16,880 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 1:10:08 PM
(0)
Mentor

***UPDATE FROM AT&T***

Just got a call from a higher level of support since a case was created for my issue. They said they are well aware of the problem with their LTE network. She further stated that it is effecting many customers in 13 markets. She also was aware of the work around of dropping back to HSPA or 3g mentioned here and elsewhere. I asked her how AT&T would notify me when they come up with a remedy, there was silence for a bit then she said there currently was no way to notify all the customers. She said she would have to call me every week. So basically AT&T is telling me that the LTE phone I signed up for is not able to function on that network, there is no fix and we won't be alerting you to a fix when and IF one is found. Wow, what great customer service!

I am also mad at myself as is always the case with stuff like this, you think of something or question you wished you had asked but forgot. I wanted to ask why they do not make this information available to the first line tech support so people can stop doing resets, replacing sim cards and phones! I was caught off guard by the call on a Sunday and I was in my truck plowing snow.

***UPDATE FROM AT&T***

Just got a call from a higher level of support since a case was created for my issue. They said they are well aware of the problem with their LTE network. She further stated that it is effecting many customers in 13 markets. She also was aware of the work around of dropping back to HSPA or 3g mentioned here and elsewhere. I asked her how AT&T would notify me when they come up with a remedy, there was silence for a bit then she said there currently was no way to notify all the customers. She said she would have to call me every week. So basically AT&T is telling me that the LTE phone I signed up for is not able to function on that network, there is no fix and we won't be alerting you to a fix when and IF one is found. Wow, what great customer service!

I am also mad at myself as is always the case with stuff like this, you think of something or question you wished you had asked but forgot. I wanted to ask why they do not make this information available to the first line tech support so people can stop doing resets, replacing sim cards and phones! I was caught off guard by the call on a Sunday and I was in my truck plowing snow.

123 of 499 (16,738 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 8:07:22 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

luke13 wrote:

My APN that I created is still on my phone by my old APN also says "ATT PHONE". Was just chatting with an ATT employee online and this is  part of the conversation that took place. I gave him the forum address for him to take a look at...

ATT: That is a forum though. I'm checking to see if there is an official word from the manufacture or by us.

ATTJust a moment.

MeOk

ATTIt does not show that we are having any known device issue. I would like to troubleshoot and  take examples so we can find a solution. It may be a network issue in your area or something with the device itself. I have never had an issue with this device and in my market.

Jamileh, can you address this. Is there an issue or isn't there? 

This is being researched but unfortunately I don't have any ofther info right now. I have asked for an update and will let you guys know what I find out.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

luke13 wrote:

My APN that I created is still on my phone by my old APN also says "ATT PHONE". Was just chatting with an ATT employee online and this is  part of the conversation that took place. I gave him the forum address for him to take a look at...

ATT: That is a forum though. I'm checking to see if there is an official word from the manufacture or by us.

ATTJust a moment.

MeOk

ATTIt does not show that we are having any known device issue. I would like to troubleshoot and  take examples so we can find a solution. It may be a network issue in your area or something with the device itself. I have never had an issue with this device and in my market.

Jamileh, can you address this. Is there an issue or isn't there? 

This is being researched but unfortunately I don't have any ofther info right now. I have asked for an update and will let you guys know what I find out.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

124 of 499 (16,667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 8:53:37 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by MN-Android on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:55:53 AM

Funny how my call from AT&T shows they were fully aware of the issue and even stated it was effecting 13 markets. How absurd this issue is becoming. Get the right AT&T tech on the phone and you get answers, get the wrong one and you remain in the dark! No info to the front line tech support so how many other customers will be put through useless hoops trying to resolve a known issue!

Funny how my call from AT&T shows they were fully aware of the issue and even stated it was effecting 13 markets. How absurd this issue is becoming. Get the right AT&T tech on the phone and you get answers, get the wrong one and you remain in the dark! No info to the front line tech support so how many other customers will be put through useless hoops trying to resolve a known issue!

[ Edited ]
125 of 499 (16,657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2013 9:07:18 AM
(0)
Teacher

This is just getting ridiculous.  I was called and given a trend number stating that they are aware of the phone not switching from LTE to voice to allow an incoming call to come through.  People are given conflicting information.  AT&T customer service is a joke.

I am totally gone when my contract is up.  I don't want excuses and passing the buck.  I want SERVICE, you know, the thing I am paying for is supposed to ring my phone when I get a call.  A smartphone is USELESS if it doesn't do the basic function of TAKING CALLS.  

I wonder how many people aren't aware they are having a problem.  Just talked to my uncle who lives about 30 miles away.  Him AND his wife are getting text messages way after they are sent (they are in the same LTE market in Portland, Oregon).  He wasn't aware he was missing calls because very few people leave a voice message.  They just call him on his home land line if he doesn't answer his cell phone.

So, that makes EIGHT people in the Portland, Oregon LTE market that I know personally are having the same issues.  Some have iphones, some have Samsung, etc.  It IS NOT A PHONE problem AT&T,  IT IS YOUR PROBLEM!  

Please fix it!

This is just getting ridiculous.  I was called and given a trend number stating that they are aware of the phone not switching from LTE to voice to allow an incoming call to come through.  People are given conflicting information.  AT&T customer service is a joke.

I am totally gone when my contract is up.  I don't want excuses and passing the buck.  I want SERVICE, you know, the thing I am paying for is supposed to ring my phone when I get a call.  A smartphone is USELESS if it doesn't do the basic function of TAKING CALLS.  

I wonder how many people aren't aware they are having a problem.  Just talked to my uncle who lives about 30 miles away.  Him AND his wife are getting text messages way after they are sent (they are in the same LTE market in Portland, Oregon).  He wasn't aware he was missing calls because very few people leave a voice message.  They just call him on his home land line if he doesn't answer his cell phone.

So, that makes EIGHT people in the Portland, Oregon LTE market that I know personally are having the same issues.  Some have iphones, some have Samsung, etc.  It IS NOT A PHONE problem AT&T,  IT IS YOUR PROBLEM!  

Please fix it!

126 of 499 (16,650 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 6:13:12 AM
(0)
Scholar
any updates on this?
any official word from ATT?
any updates on this?
any official word from ATT?

127 of 499 (16,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 9:20:55 AM
(0)
Voyager

Hello Everyone,

I have been having the missed calls, unable to make calls, delayed VM notification and text messages for months now.  After MANY calls to AT&T Customer Support, as well as, having a critical case started, swapping out phones, changing SIM cards, factory resets and every other possible remedy, my phone STILL does not work!!!

However, a ray of hope, the critical case rep told me they are aware of the problem and were patching their network last weekend and my problem should be resolved!!  It has to do with the 3G - 4G network hand off between calls and data.  AT&T uses the 3G network to process calls and 4G LTE for data which was having problems releasing the data session to process a call.  She told me to check the phone over the weekend and the beginning of this week to make sure I was receiving calls.  Oh boy!  I was ecstatic, finally a solution to the problem!! 

Unfortunately, my excitement was quickly dashed when I got a call on my landline from a client asking why I have not answered my cell phone the past two days.  So I called my cell phone from my landline and my fears were quickly realized, the call did not ring on my cell. 

So, I still have a $200 paper weight that is costing me $3,600 over the 2 year contract and NO RESOLUTION FROM AT&T!!! 

I am tired of playing games with them, back to Big Red, I should have never left in the first place.  But as they say, Live and Learn! 

Hello Everyone,

I have been having the missed calls, unable to make calls, delayed VM notification and text messages for months now.  After MANY calls to AT&T Customer Support, as well as, having a critical case started, swapping out phones, changing SIM cards, factory resets and every other possible remedy, my phone STILL does not work!!!

However, a ray of hope, the critical case rep told me they are aware of the problem and were patching their network last weekend and my problem should be resolved!!  It has to do with the 3G - 4G network hand off between calls and data.  AT&T uses the 3G network to process calls and 4G LTE for data which was having problems releasing the data session to process a call.  She told me to check the phone over the weekend and the beginning of this week to make sure I was receiving calls.  Oh boy!  I was ecstatic, finally a solution to the problem!! 

Unfortunately, my excitement was quickly dashed when I got a call on my landline from a client asking why I have not answered my cell phone the past two days.  So I called my cell phone from my landline and my fears were quickly realized, the call did not ring on my cell. 

So, I still have a $200 paper weight that is costing me $3,600 over the 2 year contract and NO RESOLUTION FROM AT&T!!! 

I am tired of playing games with them, back to Big Red, I should have never left in the first place.  But as they say, Live and Learn! 

128 of 499 (16,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 9:35:09 AM
(0)
Mentor

It must not be a big enough or  widespread problem to prompt urgency by AT&T. Google it, not easy to find the threads dealing with this issue. You have to have just the right search phrase to hit upon the forums where it is being discussed. I have to agree with you GR8LAKES, My family is pondering just paying the ETF's and going to another carrier. Our account is a "plus" account and we are always being told by AT&T how valued we are as customers but I have a major issue where the phone can't do the most basic of tasks, allow calls and sms to arrive. I don't feel valued at all!  If our family leaves, they will lose three customers all at once.

It must not be a big enough or  widespread problem to prompt urgency by AT&T. Google it, not easy to find the threads dealing with this issue. You have to have just the right search phrase to hit upon the forums where it is being discussed. I have to agree with you GR8LAKES, My family is pondering just paying the ETF's and going to another carrier. Our account is a "plus" account and we are always being told by AT&T how valued we are as customers but I have a major issue where the phone can't do the most basic of tasks, allow calls and sms to arrive. I don't feel valued at all!  If our family leaves, they will lose three customers all at once.

129 of 499 (16,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 10:54:45 AM
(0)
Explorer

In light of the fact that AT&T won't acknowledge any problems or take responsibility for buggy updates, I think people need to:

1.) send an email to "tips@consumerist.com" and let them know about your experience here and with AT&T support.

2.) contact the Better Business Bureau online and give them your experience.

3.) Use Twitter and Facebook to promote your experience. If AT&T should actually help you, let people know that also.

4.) Word of mouth. Let people know about your wonderful experience on this forum and AT&T in general. Don't use f-bombs.

5.) Write to Leo Laporte at TWIT or Dan Benjamin at 5by5 or anyone else running podcasts. Let them know!!!

In light of the fact that AT&T won't acknowledge any problems or take responsibility for buggy updates, I think people need to:

1.) send an email to "tips@consumerist.com" and let them know about your experience here and with AT&T support.

2.) contact the Better Business Bureau online and give them your experience.

3.) Use Twitter and Facebook to promote your experience. If AT&T should actually help you, let people know that also.

4.) Word of mouth. Let people know about your wonderful experience on this forum and AT&T in general. Don't use f-bombs.

5.) Write to Leo Laporte at TWIT or Dan Benjamin at 5by5 or anyone else running podcasts. Let them know!!!

130 of 499 (16,523 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 12:20:58 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by jamileh on Mar 20, 2013 at 11:09:40 AM

James  at AT&T said "resolution date is morning (PST) of february 15, 2013 Case ID: CM20130212_59952323"

James  at AT&T said "resolution date is morning (PST) of february 15, 2013 Case ID: CM20130212_59952323"

[ Edited ]
131 of 499 (16,509 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 12:35:06 PM
(0)
Scholar

everyone who called got that....

each time the date is different cause they give it to u as an individual case. 

on feb 15th they will call only u and tell u they are aware of this issue and untill then u just have to wait.... 

the date they gave u is NOT a resolution date for this issue, 

its a date where they will "try" to fix ur individual call. 

everyone who called got that....

each time the date is different cause they give it to u as an individual case. 

on feb 15th they will call only u and tell u they are aware of this issue and untill then u just have to wait.... 

the date they gave u is NOT a resolution date for this issue, 

its a date where they will "try" to fix ur individual call. 

132 of 499 (16,506 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 12:45:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yeah my resolution expires topmorrow the 13th.........................Umm yay

When they do call you back, ask them why they do not make front line tech support aware of this so people can get an answer in one call instead of ten!

Yeah my resolution expires topmorrow the 13th.........................Umm yay

When they do call you back, ask them why they do not make front line tech support aware of this so people can get an answer in one call instead of ten!

133 of 499 (16,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 1:47:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

Guys, 

which:

ROM?

MODEM VERSION?

ANDROID VERSION?

are you in (and have the LTE no call issue). 

Guys, 

which:

ROM?

MODEM VERSION?

ANDROID VERSION?

are you in (and have the LTE no call issue). 

134 of 499 (16,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2013 2:54:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

They create a case every time I call them with a resolution date, however, the case gets closed saying it's a know issue. The frustrating part is if you ask what plan do they have until the issue is resolved, they just hang up the phone, happened atleast twice for me, just rude. no body here would afford to miss calls, there was an emergency situations where I did not receive the call, where my daughters school tried to call me to inform me that she is not feeling well and needs to be picked up. I don't know to how to escalate this situation and have them understand better.

They create a case every time I call them with a resolution date, however, the case gets closed saying it's a know issue. The frustrating part is if you ask what plan do they have until the issue is resolved, they just hang up the phone, happened atleast twice for me, just rude. no body here would afford to miss calls, there was an emergency situations where I did not receive the call, where my daughters school tried to call me to inform me that she is not feeling well and needs to be picked up. I don't know to how to escalate this situation and have them understand better.

135 of 499 (16,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 2:05:38 PM
(0)
Explorer

I think the problem has gotten worse for the past 2 weeks. I live in NYC and am losing the signal a couple of times almost eveyday. Hope there's a fix for this soon. 

I think the problem has gotten worse for the past 2 weeks. I live in NYC and am losing the signal a couple of times almost eveyday. Hope there's a fix for this soon. 

136 of 499 (16,268 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 2:11:04 PM
(0)
Mentor

joenyc0 wrote:

Until they do find a fix, why not do the work-around described in this thread. I dropped back to HSPA last Sunday and my phone hasn't failed once this week. I know it is not a cure but at least for now I am not missing calls and texts!

joenyc0 wrote:

Until they do find a fix, why not do the work-around described in this thread. I dropped back to HSPA last Sunday and my phone hasn't failed once this week. I know it is not a cure but at least for now I am not missing calls and texts!

137 of 499 (16,266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 8:44:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Was supposed to get a solution from AT&T this morning.

Nothing received.

Am using the 3G solution described in this thread when I'm stationary, which seems to work, but have also been unable to connect to the data network when mobile and have been locked into 'emergency calls only' mode once.

Clearly, there's something wrong with the AT&T network.

Was supposed to get a solution from AT&T this morning.

Nothing received.

Am using the 3G solution described in this thread when I'm stationary, which seems to work, but have also been unable to connect to the data network when mobile and have been locked into 'emergency calls only' mode once.

Clearly, there's something wrong with the AT&T network.

138 of 499 (16,234 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 9:14:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just finished an IM session with AT&T. Allison Balliet said, "There is no update on when it will be resolved,"

Just finished an IM session with AT&T. Allison Balliet said, "There is no update on when it will be resolved,"

139 of 499 (16,231 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2013 2:36:27 PM
(0)
Scholar

still no fix and still no word from aTT

this is crazy

charging us and taking the money is easy, but giving us what were paying for is not...

i would not be as mad if ATT would say "yeah we are aware of it and fixing it" rather then giving me a level -5 tech guy that i need to explain to him what LTE is.

if i will hear one more Tech guy/girl telling me "we are not aware of the issue, you need to go and replace your sim or reset your phone" i am gona explode. 

this is crazy

charging us and taking the money is easy, but giving us what were paying for is not...

i would not be as mad if ATT would say "yeah we are aware of it and fixing it" rather then giving me a level -5 tech guy that i need to explain to him what LTE is.

if i will hear one more Tech guy/girl telling me "we are not aware of the issue, you need to go and replace your sim or reset your phone" i am gona explode. 

140 of 499 (16,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2013 12:00:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

m.a.s.e wrote:

this is crazy

I hear ya MASE! My fear is they have no idea how to fix the issue and they will move on to bigger issues. Not sure I could stand calling the front line techs again and having to explain the entire situation all over again!

To add insult to injury. My wife has a non 4g work phone also with AT&T. On Friday a post card came in the mail from AT&T inviting her to "get more done faster" and come get a 4G phone on the 4G network! Grrrrrrrrrr

m.a.s.e wrote:

this is crazy

I hear ya MASE! My fear is they have no idea how to fix the issue and they will move on to bigger issues. Not sure I could stand calling the front line techs again and having to explain the entire situation all over again!

To add insult to injury. My wife has a non 4g work phone also with AT&T. On Friday a post card came in the mail from AT&T inviting her to "get more done faster" and come get a 4G phone on the 4G network! Grrrrrrrrrr

141 of 499 (16,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2013 7:55:19 PM
(0)
Voyager

had my gs3 since black friday and this would only happen only once in awhile, but lately this past week it has been getting very very bad! would not recieve calls or get any notification of a missed called, and now all txts i get will always be recieved atleast 5 min late, and at the very worse i would recieve the txts 2+ hours late(which has been happening very frequently)

i tried the .apn temporary fix but it doesnt seem to be working for me..sadly..with this quick fix i also have had a message pop saying it cannot get connection and will send when it finds connection when sending txt messages (not sure what the exact message said will post it when i see it again), would take a minute or so to send a txt

had my gs3 since black friday and this would only happen only once in awhile, but lately this past week it has been getting very very bad! would not recieve calls or get any notification of a missed called, and now all txts i get will always be recieved atleast 5 min late, and at the very worse i would recieve the txts 2+ hours late(which has been happening very frequently)

i tried the .apn temporary fix but it doesnt seem to be working for me..sadly..with this quick fix i also have had a message pop saying it cannot get connection and will send when it finds connection when sending txt messages (not sure what the exact message said will post it when i see it again), would take a minute or so to send a txt

142 of 499 (16,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 5:46:51 AM
(0)
Mentor

samuth093 wrote:

To change your APN, did you use the method where you type a code into the dialer or the other way from the video where you create a whole new APN?  I first tried the video method and it constantly put the phone into "emergency calls only" mode. The dialer code alternative has been flawless for me.

samuth093 wrote:

To change your APN, did you use the method where you type a code into the dialer or the other way from the video where you create a whole new APN?  I first tried the video method and it constantly put the phone into "emergency calls only" mode. The dialer code alternative has been flawless for me.

143 of 499 (15,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 10:58:57 AM
(0)
Voyager

Still having the same problems with my S3 not receiving calls, delayed VM notification, trouble making calls, delayed text messages. Phone has been swapped out 3 times, SIM cards have been changed 3 times, several master resets and on and on. AT&T has opened and closed numerous cases, both regular and critical cases and still no resolution.  AT&T finally admitted a problem existed with the network software and that they were loading the fix on the network two weeks ago.  The critical case worker said she would call me back last week to check if the phone was working.  She actually called me back.... ON THE CELL PHONE WHICH DID NOT RING AND NOTIFIED ME TWO HOURS LATER OF A VOICEMAIL (sorry for screaming, but this is totally frustrating).  She left me a number to call back and I left her a voicemail.  Well, she never called back, not surprising!  So out of the blue I get an automated AT&T call today asking if my problem was resolved.  I pressed the number that it was not resolved and got another tech on the phone and went through the entire story again.  I told her I was tired of playing games and wanted to give AT&T back my phone and move to another carrier.  She said she would get the Customer Retention representative on the phone and I could explain my situtation and they would help me.  She put me on hold for 10 minutes and when she finally came back on the line she said Customer Retention's computers were updating and they couldn't help me now.  She said to call *611 again in a couple of hours!!!  This is a classic case of a run around....  THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!  AT&T has lost my business once before and will be shortly losing it again!!!  They have to be the worst cell carrier in the US!!

Still having the same problems with my S3 not receiving calls, delayed VM notification, trouble making calls, delayed text messages. Phone has been swapped out 3 times, SIM cards have been changed 3 times, several master resets and on and on. AT&T has opened and closed numerous cases, both regular and critical cases and still no resolution.  AT&T finally admitted a problem existed with the network software and that they were loading the fix on the network two weeks ago.  The critical case worker said she would call me back last week to check if the phone was working.  She actually called me back.... ON THE CELL PHONE WHICH DID NOT RING AND NOTIFIED ME TWO HOURS LATER OF A VOICEMAIL (sorry for screaming, but this is totally frustrating).  She left me a number to call back and I left her a voicemail.  Well, she never called back, not surprising!  So out of the blue I get an automated AT&T call today asking if my problem was resolved.  I pressed the number that it was not resolved and got another tech on the phone and went through the entire story again.  I told her I was tired of playing games and wanted to give AT&T back my phone and move to another carrier.  She said she would get the Customer Retention representative on the phone and I could explain my situtation and they would help me.  She put me on hold for 10 minutes and when she finally came back on the line she said Customer Retention's computers were updating and they couldn't help me now.  She said to call *611 again in a couple of hours!!!  This is a classic case of a run around....  THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!  AT&T has lost my business once before and will be shortly losing it again!!!  They have to be the worst cell carrier in the US!!

144 of 499 (15,955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 4:31:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Heard back again from the tech support rep who had called me previously. She said ATT has a software fix that will be rolled out sometime in March in affected markets. She scheduled another commitment call in a week to keep me updated. No other temp solutions other than what's discussed here, though oddly she said that moving off LTE to 4G has not worked for everyone.
Heard back again from the tech support rep who had called me previously. She said ATT has a software fix that will be rolled out sometime in March in affected markets. She scheduled another commitment call in a week to keep me updated. No other temp solutions other than what's discussed here, though oddly she said that moving off LTE to 4G has not worked for everyone.

145 of 499 (15,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 5:41:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T called to follow-up on the escalated issue. They claimed that their system is down so can't re-post the issue to tech support. Offered to call me again when the system was back up. Needed to ask more questions. Claimed that they were aware of the LTE issue with Android devices and had no solution. Claimed that it only was in my area. Told them of the well over 100 posts on this thread. Rep had not read this thread, had not read the four sessions I've had with customer service, and wanted to convince me that since I'm having the issue in multiple locations that it must be a hardware issue and I should get a new phone.

AT&T called to follow-up on the escalated issue. They claimed that their system is down so can't re-post the issue to tech support. Offered to call me again when the system was back up. Needed to ask more questions. Claimed that they were aware of the LTE issue with Android devices and had no solution. Claimed that it only was in my area. Told them of the well over 100 posts on this thread. Rep had not read this thread, had not read the four sessions I've had with customer service, and wanted to convince me that since I'm having the issue in multiple locations that it must be a hardware issue and I should get a new phone.

146 of 499 (15,902 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 5:42:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
Of course.... Every time same thing. They will never admit and doubt we will get a solution
Of course.... Every time same thing. They will never admit and doubt we will get a solution

147 of 499 (15,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 6:13:20 PM
(0)
Voyager

i changed my APN using the video method entering in the wap.cingular, i also had the "emergency calls" problem, and of course i have also tried the help tech line before i found this forum and no help what so ever, although i'll have to give the lady props she did try her best to fix it, but 'll try the dialer code next and see how it goes, is there a way to switch back if it doesn't work?

i changed my APN using the video method entering in the wap.cingular, i also had the "emergency calls" problem, and of course i have also tried the help tech line before i found this forum and no help what so ever, although i'll have to give the lady props she did try her best to fix it, but 'll try the dialer code next and see how it goes, is there a way to switch back if it doesn't work?

148 of 499 (15,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 6:15:00 PM
(0)
Scholar
Yes, u can easily revert with the same code
Yes, u can easily revert with the same code

149 of 499 (15,894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 6:37:41 PM
(0)
Voyager

i just changed it and had family do a couple tests and things seem to be working perfectly! i'll post up any problems that happen to pop up again but man! i seriously have to give my thanks to everyone in this forum! espcially ones who helped come up with the quick fixes! you guys are life savers! probably saved my job (need alot of contact with managers) haha

hopefully at&t comes out with a full proof fix soon! so we all can happily enjoy what we paid for! :smileyhappy:

i just changed it and had family do a couple tests and things seem to be working perfectly! i'll post up any problems that happen to pop up again but man! i seriously have to give my thanks to everyone in this forum! espcially ones who helped come up with the quick fixes! you guys are life savers! probably saved my job (need alot of contact with managers) haha

hopefully at&t comes out with a full proof fix soon! so we all can happily enjoy what we paid for! :smileyhappy:

150 of 499 (15,887 Views)