For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

just curious, anyone feels suckered to pay for something that works 1/3 of the time, anyone?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

ur not the only one bro, 

but i called 10 times and complained and got a refund of 80$

exactly the amount of $ i pay for my mobile DATA service LTE (which i had to remove since the phone will not rinf on LTE). 

the person who called me said "yes, ATT is aware of the issue, we are working with the manufactor to resolve this" 

you know how much i actually believe him ?more like 2%

each representative will say a different thing. 

most of them will have the tech skills for a 2 years old. 

i dont have much value. 

i do check on much more reliable sources like XDA to get the info, 

till then, disabled LTE and ill keep calling for my refund each month untill my phone can get calls on LTE

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Had hope as the phone went for three days without an issue until yesterday....... Family had to email me as they could not reach me again. This morning I called tech support again and insisted they escalate this for me. They did and emailed me a case ID number and in the email, it states that the case team will be updating me and has a resolution date of 2/13. The tech I spoke to had not heard of this issue.

I tried creating a new APN as suggested, going from LTE to 4G but the phone kept going into emergency calls only mode so I reverted back. I wonder if I could try dropping down to 3G??  Anyone know, done this?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

use my solution. look a page back.

for the time being....

it is sadden me that still ATT is not aware of this issue. 

i got the exact same email u got, exact same thing. they called me a day before the so called "resolution day" and agreed they have an issue and refunded me 80$. 

but still no fix. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I have been having problems with my s3 receiving calls also. I called at&t they suggest turning your phone off an on at least once a day. I was told it had to do with LTE devices and they were working on the problem. Few days after I called them again because although I have been turning my cell off and on im still having missed calls! This time I spoke with tech support and she said she doesn't know why the customer support agent told me it was a LTE issue. It seems like AT&T doesn't know why this is happening!! Phone works fine surfing the web, watching Netflix, Facebook etc BUT has a problem not receiving calls and its a cellphone....go figure!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

we should start to send this thread to tech sites, ATT need a little motivation to get this fixed

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

exact same thing ive been saying for several posts...

already posted in xda, sent to techcrunch and engadget

you should do that too

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

Posted to XDA also and ran across another thread where a guy was having the same issue and he just noticed that the name of his APN changed. It always said, "ATT PTA" and now says "ATT PHONE". I just checked mine and mine too has changed to the ATT PHONE and the APN I created last week to drop from LTE to 4G has vanished. Hmmmmm

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

im on PTA

handt created a new APN

i disabled mine with *#2663#

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

My APN that I created is still on my phone by my old APN also says "ATT PHONE". Was just chatting with an ATT employee online and this is  part of the conversation that took place. I gave him the forum address for him to take a look at...

ATT: That is a forum though. I'm checking to see if there is an official word from the manufacture or by us.

ATTJust a moment.

MeOk

ATTIt does not show that we are having any known device issue. I would like to troubleshoot and  take examples so we can find a solution. It may be a network issue in your area or something with the device itself. I have never had an issue with this device and in my market.

Jamileh, can you address this. Is there an issue or isn't there? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.