Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

Scholar

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

any official worf from ATT
any ETA for resolution.
ther are so many posts with the same issue on different sites
like XDA etc
we are paying for LTE support for our devices but being forced to not use it.
either a refund for the monthly subscription for LTE until this resolved or at the bare minimum an official acknowledgment of the issue by ATT>

Message 106 of 499 (17,187 Views)

strange thing is, why are some working flawlessly but some are not able to receive calls... is it because of location?
Message 107 of 499 (17,163 Views)
Tutor

I think location contributes to the issue. For example, I have horrible 3G (HSPA/H+) in my area. So bad that some phones we've had in the past drop calls constantly. I even had one of those hard to get Nexus 4's and it dropped 50% of the calls I was on here in my house. I've been told my area should have perfect signal since we're right near 2 towers. I bet those towers haven't been maintaned since Cingular... I've establisted that my area is spotty for AT&T 3G service so I'm going out on a limb here and saying my device is having trouble getting a solid 3G signal which is what's causing the issue. On the upside, my LTE is pretty good. I was getting 18Mbps down in my house - not that that matters much since I have WiFi!

Message 108 of 499 (17,099 Views)

Who does not charge an upgrade fee? If there was no upgrade fee we migh pay the additional cost in store added on the phone.  I am proud to have paid an upgrade fee knowing that it goes back into the economy. Im sure AT&T has a lot of overhead behind the scenes when processing my upgrades. AT&T does have the best network coverage and thats a fact. LTE backs up on 4g and 4g on like 10 different versions of 3g. Verizon LTE backs up on snail speed internet.

Message 109 of 499 (17,061 Views)
Tutor

^^^ I think you have the wrong thread. 

Message 110 of 499 (17,046 Views)
Tutor

just curious, anyone feels suckered to pay for something that works 1/3 of the time, anyone?

Message 111 of 499 (17,032 Views)
Scholar

ur not the only one bro, 

but i called 10 times and complained and got a refund of 80$

exactly the amount of $ i pay for my mobile DATA service LTE (which i had to remove since the phone will not rinf on LTE). 

the person who called me said "yes, ATT is aware of the issue, we are working with the manufactor to resolve this" 

you know how much i actually believe him ?more like 2%

each representative will say a different thing. 

most of them will have the tech skills for a 2 years old. 

i dont have much value. 

i do check on much more reliable sources like XDA to get the info, 

till then, disabled LTE and ill keep calling for my refund each month untill my phone can get calls on LTE

Message 112 of 499 (17,026 Views)
Mentor

Had hope as the phone went for three days without an issue until yesterday....... Family had to email me as they could not reach me again. This morning I called tech support again and insisted they escalate this for me. They did and emailed me a case ID number and in the email, it states that the case team will be updating me and has a resolution date of 2/13. The tech I spoke to had not heard of this issue.

I tried creating a new APN as suggested, going from LTE to 4G but the phone kept going into emergency calls only mode so I reverted back. I wonder if I could try dropping down to 3G??  Anyone know, done this?

Message 113 of 499 (16,952 Views)
Scholar

use my solution. look a page back.

for the time being....

it is sadden me that still ATT is not aware of this issue. 

i got the exact same email u got, exact same thing. they called me a day before the so called "resolution day" and agreed they have an issue and refunded me 80$. 

but still no fix. 

Message 114 of 499 (16,951 Views)
Contributor

I have been having problems with my s3 receiving calls also. I called at&t they suggest turning your phone off an on at least once a day. I was told it had to do with LTE devices and they were working on the problem. Few days after I called them again because although I have been turning my cell off and on im still having missed calls! This time I spoke with tech support and she said she doesn't know why the customer support agent told me it was a LTE issue. It seems like AT&T doesn't know why this is happening!! Phone works fine surfing the web, watching Netflix, Facebook etc BUT has a problem not receiving calls and its a cellphone....go figure!
Message 115 of 499 (16,926 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

we should start to send this thread to tech sites, ATT need a little motivation to get this fixed

Message 116 of 499 (16,921 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

exact same thing ive been saying for several posts...

already posted in xda, sent to techcrunch and engadget

you should do that too

Message 117 of 499 (16,917 Views)
Mentor

Posted to XDA also and ran across another thread where a guy was having the same issue and he just noticed that the name of his APN changed. It always said, "ATT PTA" and now says "ATT PHONE". I just checked mine and mine too has changed to the ATT PHONE and the APN I created last week to drop from LTE to 4G has vanished. Hmmmmm

Message 118 of 499 (16,912 Views)
Scholar

im on PTA

handt created a new APN

i disabled mine with *#2663#

Message 119 of 499 (16,906 Views)
Explorer

My APN that I created is still on my phone by my old APN also says "ATT PHONE". Was just chatting with an ATT employee online and this is  part of the conversation that took place. I gave him the forum address for him to take a look at...

ATT: That is a forum though. I'm checking to see if there is an official word from the manufacture or by us.

ATTJust a moment.

MeOk

ATTIt does not show that we are having any known device issue. I would like to troubleshoot and  take examples so we can find a solution. It may be a network issue in your area or something with the device itself. I have never had an issue with this device and in my market.

Jamileh, can you address this. Is there an issue or isn't there? 

Message 120 of 499 (16,882 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.