The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

EVERYONE SHOULD START POSTING LIKE I DO ON EVERY MAJOR NEWS SITE LIKE ENGADGET, TGSPOT, TECHCRUNCH ETC. UNTIL EVERY SINGLE SITE WILL START WRITING ABOUT ATT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO OFFICIALLY UNDERSTAND THERE IS AN ISSUE.
ONLY THEN SOMETHING WILL MOVE

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Jamileh, please remove the solved status, this issue is not solved. There is a temporary fix that was posted by someone not even from AT&T, but it is far from the permanant solution. This is not good PR for AT&T and it is unbelieveable to me that it has been going for as long as it has without a solution. The fact that Tech support is not even acknowledging the fact that there is an issue is problematic and showing what AT&T really thinks about their customers. If you read various forums on here you wilk see it is not just this phone. Nothing against you Jamileh but if we could have a reaponse from someone higher up that wouls be great. Thanks.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

11 years ago

I fully agree, please remove the "solved" tag, no where near resolved and no answers.I had to put my phone back on LTE vs 4G because the phone went to constant SOS status all the time!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I understand and agree that this is not a true solution to the issue but since it contains steps that several people found helpful, it will remain an Accepted Solution for visibility's sake. Marking that post as an Accepted Solution does not mean that we are no longer working with Samsung on this issue. 

If you'll take a look at my post earlier in the thread, I stated that this is NOT an AT&T solution but since it has worked for some people, I wanted to make it visible. I will update jan_raghavan's post with an edit that more clearly convey's the message so we do not continue to have confusion. 

When there is more information available, I will update the thread and Accepted Solution accordingly. 

‎01-23-2013 11:16:18 AM - edited ‎01-23-2013 11:57:13 AM

Hey all, 

We are researching this but I have marked jan_raghavan's suggestion as an Accepted Solution for the time being because it's worked for a couple people. 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same issues to but with WIND Mobile... 😞

Scholar

• 

90 Messages

11 years ago

any official worf from ATT
any ETA for resolution.
ther are so many posts with the same issue on different sites
like XDA etc
we are paying for LTE support for our devices but being forced to not use it.
either a refund for the monthly subscription for LTE until this resolved or at the bare minimum an official acknowledgment of the issue by ATT>

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

strange thing is, why are some working flawlessly but some are not able to receive calls... is it because of location?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I think location contributes to the issue. For example, I have horrible 3G (HSPA/H+) in my area. So bad that some phones we've had in the past drop calls constantly. I even had one of those hard to get Nexus 4's and it dropped 50% of the calls I was on here in my house. I've been told my area should have perfect signal since we're right near 2 towers. I bet those towers haven't been maintaned since Cingular... I've establisted that my area is spotty for AT&T 3G service so I'm going out on a limb here and saying my device is having trouble getting a solid 3G signal which is what's causing the issue. On the upside, my LTE is pretty good. I was getting 18Mbps down in my house - not that that matters much since I have WiFi!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Who does not charge an upgrade fee? If there was no upgrade fee we migh pay the additional cost in store added on the phone.  I am proud to have paid an upgrade fee knowing that it goes back into the economy. Im sure AT&T has a lot of overhead behind the scenes when processing my upgrades. AT&T does have the best network coverage and thats a fact. LTE backs up on 4g and 4g on like 10 different versions of 3g. Verizon LTE backs up on snail speed internet.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

^^^ I think you have the wrong thread. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.