Wireless Forums

Posted Aug 9, 2012
5:15:14 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 17, 2013 5:51:42 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by jamileh on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:33:18 AM

Guys,

I got this issue fixed. You dont have to remove the battery or even restart your phone for that matter. This problem occurs mainly because of 4G LTE. I dont know if its the phone or the service. So, I have found an alternative.

What you need to do is add a new APN and run your device on 3G so that you can still get calls and browse until att or samsung fixes this issue. You can either use 4G toggle which you can download from google play to toggle between 3g and 4g. Or you can add as I have said above the new APN. Please go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile Networks ->Access point names-> (+ new APN) . Give the Name of your choice but the APN should be defined as wap.cingular and finally save it. Change the existing apn to your newly created apn. Go to you home menu and you will see the 4G is used insted 4G LTE. You can even check your speed by using speed test.

Actually now I even have fewer dropped calls and I get the calls as soon as they call it. 

Please watch the below url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TqXFd5aJcuY or read this link : http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/243505-jelly-bean-4-1-1-phone-calls-bug.html

<CM EDIT:

We are researching this but I have marked jan_raghavan's suggestion as an Accepted Solution for the time being because it's worked for a couple people. 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible.>

498 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(498)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2013 11:29:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
Interesting. I always have my Wifi turned on when I am at home (or anywhere else with Wifi). And, my Wifi is through ATT UVerse. Hmm. I will try this. Thanks for the suggestion.
Interesting. I always have my Wifi turned on when I am at home (or anywhere else with Wifi). And, my Wifi is through ATT UVerse. Hmm. I will try this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

91 of 499 (17,394 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2013 8:48:11 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

luke13 wrote:

Got my GS3 in early December and upgraded to JB 4.1 shortly after. Started having the same issue described by everyone here immediately. Last week had my SIM changed and that has not helped. The phone and text issues are both happening with me. Incoming calls may not even hit voicemail, I have been told that it sometimes sounds like a busy signal which is not good when one is expecting potentially important phone calls. I went to a newly opened Device Support Center here in Columbus, OH today and they told me immediately that there is an issue with ALL phones running 4G/LTE on the ATT network that run JB 4.1. 

She told me that there is a patch being worked on and apparently they have also found that JB 4.2 works with 4G/LTE just fine. She could not tell me when there is an expected fix. 

My question to Jamileh (apparently the ATT Community Manager) is, if ATT knows that JB 4.2 would fix this issue, why has that not been rolled out to us yet? I do not anger easily but if I am waiting on someone to contact me about a job interview or if a family member is in trouble for some reason I do not want to have to wonder whether or not my phone is going to work as I have paid for it (and am paying monthly) to. If JB 4.2 works please roll that out. 

I'm sorry you're having an issue with receiving calls on your phone. Unfortunately, I can't speculate on the release times of updates to Android or any other operating system. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

luke13 wrote:

Got my GS3 in early December and upgraded to JB 4.1 shortly after. Started having the same issue described by everyone here immediately. Last week had my SIM changed and that has not helped. The phone and text issues are both happening with me. Incoming calls may not even hit voicemail, I have been told that it sometimes sounds like a busy signal which is not good when one is expecting potentially important phone calls. I went to a newly opened Device Support Center here in Columbus, OH today and they told me immediately that there is an issue with ALL phones running 4G/LTE on the ATT network that run JB 4.1. 

She told me that there is a patch being worked on and apparently they have also found that JB 4.2 works with 4G/LTE just fine. She could not tell me when there is an expected fix. 

My question to Jamileh (apparently the ATT Community Manager) is, if ATT knows that JB 4.2 would fix this issue, why has that not been rolled out to us yet? I do not anger easily but if I am waiting on someone to contact me about a job interview or if a family member is in trouble for some reason I do not want to have to wonder whether or not my phone is going to work as I have paid for it (and am paying monthly) to. If JB 4.2 works please roll that out. 

I'm sorry you're having an issue with receiving calls on your phone. Unfortunately, I can't speculate on the release times of updates to Android or any other operating system. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

92 of 499 (17,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2013 10:31:48 AM
(0)
Explorer
I appreciate your repsponse jamileh. I know that you personally can't make something like that happen. My hope is that you pass this along because if a release of 4.2 is an answer to this issue that would seem simple enough. Also this problem seemingly started in earnest right when the JB update came out which was over a month ago. I, and I am sure everyone that has posted here, would like to hear what solutions are actually being worked on. All anyone has been told from ATT it sounds like is "we don't know when something will be out to you". After a month plus of people having these issues a true remedy should be more than speculation at best.
I appreciate your repsponse jamileh. I know that you personally can't make something like that happen. My hope is that you pass this along because if a release of 4.2 is an answer to this issue that would seem simple enough. Also this problem seemingly started in earnest right when the JB update came out which was over a month ago. I, and I am sure everyone that has posted here, would like to hear what solutions are actually being worked on. All anyone has been told from ATT it sounds like is "we don't know when something will be out to you". After a month plus of people having these issues a true remedy should be more than speculation at best.

93 of 499 (17,347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2013 12:20:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by otakonx on Jan 31, 2013 at 12:20:45 PM

I don't think this is stricly an Android or 4.1 issue. We have an iPhone 5 in our house and it had these issues too. Also, I'm running a custom 4.2 CyanogenMod Nightly on my S3 and I still had these issues. If anything, it would be the modem version, not strictly the android version. And like I said, we have an iPhone 5 that does the same thing. The solution for us was getting AT&T to give us a MicroCell which keeps the phone in 3G anyway. I don't mind this since I have WiFi in my house and I work from home. For people who are having this issue at their work place they'll have to keep the 3G only APN until AT&T fixes this problem which I don't think they can with the current infostructure of LTE.

I don't think this is stricly an Android or 4.1 issue. We have an iPhone 5 in our house and it had these issues too. Also, I'm running a custom 4.2 CyanogenMod Nightly on my S3 and I still had these issues. If anything, it would be the modem version, not strictly the android version. And like I said, we have an iPhone 5 that does the same thing. The solution for us was getting AT&T to give us a MicroCell which keeps the phone in 3G anyway. I don't mind this since I have WiFi in my house and I work from home. For people who are having this issue at their work place they'll have to keep the 3G only APN until AT&T fixes this problem which I don't think they can with the current infostructure of LTE.

[ Edited ]
94 of 499 (17,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2013 1:11:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

I have had this issue for well over a month. Been through too many steps to list, new sim card, two phones and many calls to AT&T, all failed. Yesterday after yet another failure, I called AT&T and spoke to a guy that got my hopes up. He said he knew exactly what the issue was and can fix it today. I don't know what all the terms he threw at me meant but he said my account was wrong. Said my routing numbers and "LRN" were mismatched. Also said I was on the wrong network and he moved me to cingular wireless. Another statement he made was that my "SOA updated with LRN to proper SPID". I hung up thinking I have finally got a fix only to have the phone fail again today!

A few minutes ago, I used the work-around mentioned in this thread and followed the video to create a new APN and use 4G vs LTE. I sure hope this at least allows me to receive phone calls. I have elderly, ill parents and I need my phone AT&T!

I have had this issue for well over a month. Been through too many steps to list, new sim card, two phones and many calls to AT&T, all failed. Yesterday after yet another failure, I called AT&T and spoke to a guy that got my hopes up. He said he knew exactly what the issue was and can fix it today. I don't know what all the terms he threw at me meant but he said my account was wrong. Said my routing numbers and "LRN" were mismatched. Also said I was on the wrong network and he moved me to cingular wireless. Another statement he made was that my "SOA updated with LRN to proper SPID". I hung up thinking I have finally got a fix only to have the phone fail again today!

A few minutes ago, I used the work-around mentioned in this thread and followed the video to create a new APN and use 4G vs LTE. I sure hope this at least allows me to receive phone calls. I have elderly, ill parents and I need my phone AT&T!

95 of 499 (17,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2013 3:14:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

This is directed to the Community Manger Jamileh. Is ATT aware that there is a problem with calls not getting through? Are the engineers at ATT working on a solution? Are all support people at ATT now aware of this problem? Thank you in advance of your reply.

This is directed to the Community Manger Jamileh. Is ATT aware that there is a problem with calls not getting through? Are the engineers at ATT working on a solution? Are all support people at ATT now aware of this problem? Thank you in advance of your reply.

96 of 499 (17,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2013 3:57:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

I was able to finally speak to a tier 3 technical support rep who acknowledged to me that att was aware of this problem and was working on it. First rep on the phone who understood was I was saying although it sounded like they were in the first stages of calling people who are reporting it to collect information.  Said that it had to do with a circuit switch fallback failure on the lte network . . just as a few assumed on this forum.  No idea on an timeframe for a fix.  The only temporary solution they had was creating a wap.cingular apn to disable lte.  Said it was nationwide and it seemed to be getting worse in the past few weeks and would personally call me back in a week to follow up... Hopefully this brings some hope to some of you...

I was able to finally speak to a tier 3 technical support rep who acknowledged to me that att was aware of this problem and was working on it. First rep on the phone who understood was I was saying although it sounded like they were in the first stages of calling people who are reporting it to collect information.  Said that it had to do with a circuit switch fallback failure on the lte network . . just as a few assumed on this forum.  No idea on an timeframe for a fix.  The only temporary solution they had was creating a wap.cingular apn to disable lte.  Said it was nationwide and it seemed to be getting worse in the past few weeks and would personally call me back in a week to follow up... Hopefully this brings some hope to some of you...

97 of 499 (17,217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2013 6:38:13 AM
(0)
Mentor
Hearing there is no fix and this will keep going on for weeks is discouraging. I did the new APN thing and since making the change, the phone's reception is very weird. I see the no coverage circle with a line in it and a few times get the "emergency calls only" message. Never got that before on any of the phones I have owned living here. There are two ways to move away from LTE, the steps where you unseat the SIM and the other, creating the new APN. Is one method better than the other or is it simply two ways of doing the exact same thing?
Hearing there is no fix and this will keep going on for weeks is discouraging. I did the new APN thing and since making the change, the phone's reception is very weird. I see the no coverage circle with a line in it and a few times get the "emergency calls only" message. Never got that before on any of the phones I have owned living here. There are two ways to move away from LTE, the steps where you unseat the SIM and the other, creating the new APN. Is one method better than the other or is it simply two ways of doing the exact same thing?

98 of 499 (17,160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 10:36:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hey guys! 

My husband and I upgraded (or should I say downgraded lol) to the Samsung Galaxy S3 from the iPhone 4 in November 2012. Since the first day we got these phonewere have had issues with:

not receiving calls, either goes to voicemail or busysignal,

trying to make calls and it says call ended,

not receiving text messages and voicemails for hours 

horrible signal. And battery life

I have been fighting with att since I stupidly let the 14 day window pass and we had already gotten rid of our iphones. They kept saying wait for the JB update it will fix everything. That was a joke!! They actually made me feel stupid like I was doing something wrong with the phone and couldn't get it to work properly!! They haven't even given me the curtosey of swapping my phones out, they go thru the tech support steps and just cuz the phone takes a couple calls they say its fixed and they pat themselves on the back. Meanwhile we are still left with a piece of crap phone and myself like others use my phone for my business. Not to mention if something happens and my kids need to get ahold of me and they can't that is a big issue. Att should give the customers the option to upgrade to another phone if we can't wait til the so called fix. One person from case management actually told me to buy some go phones from Walmart until the issue was fixed!!! I'm so tired of these phones and the lack of consideration from att I am ready to just cancel and move on!! 

Hey guys! 

My husband and I upgraded (or should I say downgraded lol) to the Samsung Galaxy S3 from the iPhone 4 in November 2012. Since the first day we got these phonewere have had issues with:

not receiving calls, either goes to voicemail or busysignal,

trying to make calls and it says call ended,

not receiving text messages and voicemails for hours 

horrible signal. And battery life

I have been fighting with att since I stupidly let the 14 day window pass and we had already gotten rid of our iphones. They kept saying wait for the JB update it will fix everything. That was a joke!! They actually made me feel stupid like I was doing something wrong with the phone and couldn't get it to work properly!! They haven't even given me the curtosey of swapping my phones out, they go thru the tech support steps and just cuz the phone takes a couple calls they say its fixed and they pat themselves on the back. Meanwhile we are still left with a piece of crap phone and myself like others use my phone for my business. Not to mention if something happens and my kids need to get ahold of me and they can't that is a big issue. Att should give the customers the option to upgrade to another phone if we can't wait til the so called fix. One person from case management actually told me to buy some go phones from Walmart until the issue was fixed!!! I'm so tired of these phones and the lack of consideration from att I am ready to just cancel and move on!! 

99 of 499 (17,019 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 8:33:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

talked to at least 3 techs, no one knows whats going (chated with online tech support even linked this thread), all i got is useless advice saying i need to change the sim card, restart my phone, ect ect ect... and the issue is getting worse, half of my calls are getting through, i get texts in internvals, cant use the phone for work when it doesnt work hafl the time, i even missed a family emergency due to this issue.

talked to at least 3 techs, no one knows whats going (chated with online tech support even linked this thread), all i got is useless advice saying i need to change the sim card, restart my phone, ect ect ect... and the issue is getting worse, half of my calls are getting through, i get texts in internvals, cant use the phone for work when it doesnt work hafl the time, i even missed a family emergency due to this issue.

100 of 499 (16,957 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2013 8:42:52 PM
(0)
Scholar
EVERYONE SHOULD START POSTING LIKE I DO ON EVERY MAJOR NEWS SITE LIKE ENGADGET, TGSPOT, TECHCRUNCH ETC. UNTIL EVERY SINGLE SITE WILL START WRITING ABOUT ATT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO OFFICIALLY UNDERSTAND THERE IS AN ISSUE.
ONLY THEN SOMETHING WILL MOVE
EVERYONE SHOULD START POSTING LIKE I DO ON EVERY MAJOR NEWS SITE LIKE ENGADGET, TGSPOT, TECHCRUNCH ETC. UNTIL EVERY SINGLE SITE WILL START WRITING ABOUT ATT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO OFFICIALLY UNDERSTAND THERE IS AN ISSUE.
ONLY THEN SOMETHING WILL MOVE

101 of 499 (16,976 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2013 6:07:04 AM
(0)
Explorer
Jamileh, please remove the solved status, this issue is not solved. There is a temporary fix that was posted by someone not even from AT&T, but it is far from the permanant solution. This is not good PR for AT&T and it is unbelieveable to me that it has been going for as long as it has without a solution. The fact that Tech support is not even acknowledging the fact that there is an issue is problematic and showing what AT&T really thinks about their customers. If you read various forums on here you wilk see it is not just this phone. Nothing against you Jamileh but if we could have a reaponse from someone higher up that wouls be great. Thanks.
Jamileh, please remove the solved status, this issue is not solved. There is a temporary fix that was posted by someone not even from AT&T, but it is far from the permanant solution. This is not good PR for AT&T and it is unbelieveable to me that it has been going for as long as it has without a solution. The fact that Tech support is not even acknowledging the fact that there is an issue is problematic and showing what AT&T really thinks about their customers. If you read various forums on here you wilk see it is not just this phone. Nothing against you Jamileh but if we could have a reaponse from someone higher up that wouls be great. Thanks.

102 of 499 (16,930 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2013 9:06:49 AM
(0)
Mentor

I fully agree, please remove the "solved" tag, no where near resolved and no answers.I had to put my phone back on LTE vs 4G because the phone went to constant SOS status all the time!

I fully agree, please remove the "solved" tag, no where near resolved and no answers.I had to put my phone back on LTE vs 4G because the phone went to constant SOS status all the time!

103 of 499 (16,906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2013 9:32:23 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:36:02 AM

I understand and agree that this is not a true solution to the issue but since it contains steps that several people found helpful, it will remain an Accepted Solution for visibility's sake. Marking that post as an Accepted Solution does not mean that we are no longer working with Samsung on this issue. 

If you'll take a look at my post earlier in the thread, I stated that this is NOT an AT&T solution but since it has worked for some people, I wanted to make it visible. I will update jan_raghavan's post with an edit that more clearly convey's the message so we do not continue to have confusion. 

When there is more information available, I will update the thread and Accepted Solution accordingly. 

‎01-23-2013 11:16:18 AM - edited ‎01-23-2013 11:57:13 AM

Hey all, 

We are researching this but I have marked jan_raghavan's suggestion as an Accepted Solution for the time being because it's worked for a couple people. 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible. 

--------------

I understand and agree that this is not a true solution to the issue but since it contains steps that several people found helpful, it will remain an Accepted Solution for visibility's sake. Marking that post as an Accepted Solution does not mean that we are no longer working with Samsung on this issue. 

If you'll take a look at my post earlier in the thread, I stated that this is NOT an AT&T solution but since it has worked for some people, I wanted to make it visible. I will update jan_raghavan's post with an edit that more clearly convey's the message so we do not continue to have confusion. 

When there is more information available, I will update the thread and Accepted Solution accordingly. 

‎01-23-2013 11:16:18 AM - edited ‎01-23-2013 11:57:13 AM

Hey all, 

I have to note that this is NOT an AT&T solution and it will limit your capabilities on the device because you won't be on 4G but since it's helped a few of you, I want to make sure it's visible. 

--------------

[ Edited ]
104 of 499 (16,900 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2013 3:00:39 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm having the same issues to but with WIND Mobile... :smileysad:
I'm having the same issues to but with WIND Mobile... :smileysad:

105 of 499 (16,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 12:58:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

any official worf from ATT
any ETA for resolution.
ther are so many posts with the same issue on different sites
like XDA etc
we are paying for LTE support for our devices but being forced to not use it.
either a refund for the monthly subscription for LTE until this resolved or at the bare minimum an official acknowledgment of the issue by ATT>

any official worf from ATT
any ETA for resolution.
ther are so many posts with the same issue on different sites
like XDA etc
we are paying for LTE support for our devices but being forced to not use it.
either a refund for the monthly subscription for LTE until this resolved or at the bare minimum an official acknowledgment of the issue by ATT>

106 of 499 (16,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 2:51:20 PM
(0)
Tutor
strange thing is, why are some working flawlessly but some are not able to receive calls... is it because of location?
strange thing is, why are some working flawlessly but some are not able to receive calls... is it because of location?

107 of 499 (16,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 10:02:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

I think location contributes to the issue. For example, I have horrible 3G (HSPA/H+) in my area. So bad that some phones we've had in the past drop calls constantly. I even had one of those hard to get Nexus 4's and it dropped 50% of the calls I was on here in my house. I've been told my area should have perfect signal since we're right near 2 towers. I bet those towers haven't been maintaned since Cingular... I've establisted that my area is spotty for AT&T 3G service so I'm going out on a limb here and saying my device is having trouble getting a solid 3G signal which is what's causing the issue. On the upside, my LTE is pretty good. I was getting 18Mbps down in my house - not that that matters much since I have WiFi!

I think location contributes to the issue. For example, I have horrible 3G (HSPA/H+) in my area. So bad that some phones we've had in the past drop calls constantly. I even had one of those hard to get Nexus 4's and it dropped 50% of the calls I was on here in my house. I've been told my area should have perfect signal since we're right near 2 towers. I bet those towers haven't been maintaned since Cingular... I've establisted that my area is spotty for AT&T 3G service so I'm going out on a limb here and saying my device is having trouble getting a solid 3G signal which is what's causing the issue. On the upside, my LTE is pretty good. I was getting 18Mbps down in my house - not that that matters much since I have WiFi!

108 of 499 (16,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 9:54:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Who does not charge an upgrade fee? If there was no upgrade fee we migh pay the additional cost in store added on the phone.  I am proud to have paid an upgrade fee knowing that it goes back into the economy. Im sure AT&T has a lot of overhead behind the scenes when processing my upgrades. AT&T does have the best network coverage and thats a fact. LTE backs up on 4g and 4g on like 10 different versions of 3g. Verizon LTE backs up on snail speed internet.

Who does not charge an upgrade fee? If there was no upgrade fee we migh pay the additional cost in store added on the phone.  I am proud to have paid an upgrade fee knowing that it goes back into the economy. Im sure AT&T has a lot of overhead behind the scenes when processing my upgrades. AT&T does have the best network coverage and thats a fact. LTE backs up on 4g and 4g on like 10 different versions of 3g. Verizon LTE backs up on snail speed internet.

109 of 499 (16,606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 10:48:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

^^^ I think you have the wrong thread. 

^^^ I think you have the wrong thread. 

110 of 499 (16,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 12:43:39 PM
(0)
Tutor

just curious, anyone feels suckered to pay for something that works 1/3 of the time, anyone?

just curious, anyone feels suckered to pay for something that works 1/3 of the time, anyone?

111 of 499 (16,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 12:48:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

ur not the only one bro, 

but i called 10 times and complained and got a refund of 80$

exactly the amount of $ i pay for my mobile DATA service LTE (which i had to remove since the phone will not rinf on LTE). 

the person who called me said "yes, ATT is aware of the issue, we are working with the manufactor to resolve this" 

you know how much i actually believe him ?more like 2%

each representative will say a different thing. 

most of them will have the tech skills for a 2 years old. 

i dont have much value. 

i do check on much more reliable sources like XDA to get the info, 

till then, disabled LTE and ill keep calling for my refund each month untill my phone can get calls on LTE

ur not the only one bro, 

but i called 10 times and complained and got a refund of 80$

exactly the amount of $ i pay for my mobile DATA service LTE (which i had to remove since the phone will not rinf on LTE). 

the person who called me said "yes, ATT is aware of the issue, we are working with the manufactor to resolve this" 

you know how much i actually believe him ?more like 2%

each representative will say a different thing. 

most of them will have the tech skills for a 2 years old. 

i dont have much value. 

i do check on much more reliable sources like XDA to get the info, 

till then, disabled LTE and ill keep calling for my refund each month untill my phone can get calls on LTE

112 of 499 (16,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 8:22:59 AM
(0)
Mentor

Had hope as the phone went for three days without an issue until yesterday....... Family had to email me as they could not reach me again. This morning I called tech support again and insisted they escalate this for me. They did and emailed me a case ID number and in the email, it states that the case team will be updating me and has a resolution date of 2/13. The tech I spoke to had not heard of this issue.

I tried creating a new APN as suggested, going from LTE to 4G but the phone kept going into emergency calls only mode so I reverted back. I wonder if I could try dropping down to 3G??  Anyone know, done this?

Had hope as the phone went for three days without an issue until yesterday....... Family had to email me as they could not reach me again. This morning I called tech support again and insisted they escalate this for me. They did and emailed me a case ID number and in the email, it states that the case team will be updating me and has a resolution date of 2/13. The tech I spoke to had not heard of this issue.

I tried creating a new APN as suggested, going from LTE to 4G but the phone kept going into emergency calls only mode so I reverted back. I wonder if I could try dropping down to 3G??  Anyone know, done this?

113 of 499 (16,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 8:25:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

use my solution. look a page back.

for the time being....

it is sadden me that still ATT is not aware of this issue. 

i got the exact same email u got, exact same thing. they called me a day before the so called "resolution day" and agreed they have an issue and refunded me 80$. 

but still no fix. 

use my solution. look a page back.

for the time being....

it is sadden me that still ATT is not aware of this issue. 

i got the exact same email u got, exact same thing. they called me a day before the so called "resolution day" and agreed they have an issue and refunded me 80$. 

but still no fix. 

114 of 499 (16,496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 12:19:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have been having problems with my s3 receiving calls also. I called at&t they suggest turning your phone off an on at least once a day. I was told it had to do with LTE devices and they were working on the problem. Few days after I called them again because although I have been turning my cell off and on im still having missed calls! This time I spoke with tech support and she said she doesn't know why the customer support agent told me it was a LTE issue. It seems like AT&T doesn't know why this is happening!! Phone works fine surfing the web, watching Netflix, Facebook etc BUT has a problem not receiving calls and its a cellphone....go figure!
I have been having problems with my s3 receiving calls also. I called at&t they suggest turning your phone off an on at least once a day. I was told it had to do with LTE devices and they were working on the problem. Few days after I called them again because although I have been turning my cell off and on im still having missed calls! This time I spoke with tech support and she said she doesn't know why the customer support agent told me it was a LTE issue. It seems like AT&T doesn't know why this is happening!! Phone works fine surfing the web, watching Netflix, Facebook etc BUT has a problem not receiving calls and its a cellphone....go figure!

115 of 499 (16,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 12:29:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

we should start to send this thread to tech sites, ATT need a little motivation to get this fixed

we should start to send this thread to tech sites, ATT need a little motivation to get this fixed

116 of 499 (16,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 12:30:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by m.a.s.e on Feb 8, 2013 at 12:33:41 PM

exact same thing ive been saying for several posts...

already posted in xda, sent to techcrunch and engadget

you should do that too

exact same thing ive been saying for several posts...

already posted in xda, sent to techcrunch and engadget

you should do that too

[ Edited ]
117 of 499 (16,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 12:34:20 PM
(0)
Mentor

Posted to XDA also and ran across another thread where a guy was having the same issue and he just noticed that the name of his APN changed. It always said, "ATT PTA" and now says "ATT PHONE". I just checked mine and mine too has changed to the ATT PHONE and the APN I created last week to drop from LTE to 4G has vanished. Hmmmmm

Posted to XDA also and ran across another thread where a guy was having the same issue and he just noticed that the name of his APN changed. It always said, "ATT PTA" and now says "ATT PHONE". I just checked mine and mine too has changed to the ATT PHONE and the APN I created last week to drop from LTE to 4G has vanished. Hmmmmm

118 of 499 (16,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 12:36:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

im on PTA

handt created a new APN

i disabled mine with *#2663#

im on PTA

handt created a new APN

i disabled mine with *#2663#

119 of 499 (16,451 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 8, 2013 1:37:41 PM
(0)
Explorer

My APN that I created is still on my phone by my old APN also says "ATT PHONE". Was just chatting with an ATT employee online and this is  part of the conversation that took place. I gave him the forum address for him to take a look at...

ATT: That is a forum though. I'm checking to see if there is an official word from the manufacture or by us.

ATTJust a moment.

MeOk

ATTIt does not show that we are having any known device issue. I would like to troubleshoot and  take examples so we can find a solution. It may be a network issue in your area or something with the device itself. I have never had an issue with this device and in my market.

Jamileh, can you address this. Is there an issue or isn't there? 

My APN that I created is still on my phone by my old APN also says "ATT PHONE". Was just chatting with an ATT employee online and this is  part of the conversation that took place. I gave him the forum address for him to take a look at...

ATT: That is a forum though. I'm checking to see if there is an official word from the manufacture or by us.

ATTJust a moment.

MeOk

ATTIt does not show that we are having any known device issue. I would like to troubleshoot and  take examples so we can find a solution. It may be a network issue in your area or something with the device itself. I have never had an issue with this device and in my market.

Jamileh, can you address this. Is there an issue or isn't there? 

120 of 499 (16,427 Views)