The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Same issue here!

Full network but still don't receive calls sometimes (tested from home phone to GS3)

Let's see whether Costco can give me another device.

Or else have to go to AT&T service center.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

I had bought phone 2 months back so Costco exchanged for new one.

In the evening I had same issue of not receiving calls! (testing from home phone to mobile)

I left voicemail - that too was received after 10-15 mins on mobile.

I am using the Urban Armor Gear case & the issue might be because of case (or SIM).

Which case are you all using?

If the issue occurs again then I will try removing case & see.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Tested without the case & phone is still going to voicemail (not always)

I have data connection off, wi-fi on (but on power saving mode).

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Today I replaced SIM card (ATT store) - no luck !

I have to go to Costco again - Let's see if they replace the phone 2nd time!

I am testing from my home phone to mobile.
I am leaving voicemails for testing - that too are received very late.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi

I have the same issue and I found one of my office teammate and another friend has the same issue. I think this might be a known issue to AT&T or Samsung. When my wife said she was not able to reach me, I have tested myself and found the issue by calling from her phone. Network shows full coverage but I was not receiving call. I tried calling from my S3 to my wife and it worked. Then I tried calling back from my wife I was getting calls. I think there might be something which gets disabled and when we call from S3 that might get enabled and start getting calls. If anyone knows the permanent fix, please let me know.

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I am also facing the missing call issue and even got my SIM card replaced but still the issue persists. I also called AT&T customer service and they told that they have not heard about this issue from anyone else and it is not known issues. They have said that they can ask for replacement device but since those are refurbished devices I am not sure what to do. Even after getting the replacement device if issue persists then i am stuck and I don't have any other phone. Does anyone have got the issue resolved by getting the replacement device? I am very frustrated with this issues. 

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm also having this problem. My girlfriend called me 6 times yesterday and 3 times today. I didn't get any of the calls but I ended up getting the voicemail she left. I'm also getting texts no problem. I called my phone with her phone (also an AT&T phone) and the calls just rang through then went to voice mail. I called her on my phone no problem then called my phone again and it worked. My guess is the radio is going into deep sleep and not waking up 😕 This might be a Kernel thing, which makes me wonder: is everyone on stock firmware or are some of you on custom firmware like CM10?

Also, does anyone use a call blocker app or google voice for voicemail? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. 

I'm running CM10.1 Nightly 01/07/13, I use google voice as my voicemail, and I use a call blocker app from the play store ("Blocker"). 

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

Welcome 🙂

I am actively tracking this thread because I have only few weeks before Costco 3 months exchange period.

I already exchanged phone once (old & new both S3).

Once Phone is in sleep mode for 15-20 mins or more, then if somebody calls it goes to voicemail - doesn't ring on S3.

You can still make outgoing call which resets the connection & then you receive (voicemail, text) what ever was stuck.

Surprisingly my old & new phone have same problem.

I called my friend (who I know got S3) to check his phone's network settting, he said he is having same issue along with his wife - both S3 !!!!!

He got his phone from Walmart, I got 2 phones from Costco.

Yesterday AT&T rep did some network reset on my phone (after I turned it off) but that didn't resolve the problem.

What are we upto? I think this is S3 issue in BULK !

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

11 years ago

@amandovara wrote:

I am also facing the missing call issue and even got my SIM card replaced but still the issue persists. I also called AT&T customer service and they told that they have not heard about this issue from anyone else and it is not known issues. They have said that they can ask for replacement device but since those are refurbished devices I am not sure what to do. Even after getting the replacement device if issue persists then i am stuck and I don't have any other phone. Does anyone have got the issue resolved by getting the replacement device? I am very frustrated with this issues. 

I exchanged my phone in Costco (since I bought from them).

Guess what - replcement phone (brand new) is having same issue !

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Doesn't look like S3 issue. I bought Galaxy Note 2 a week ago and I am having the exact same problems. The issue is intermittent, though. This more looks like AT&T issue with their 4G network.

Does anyone also having lag/delay in connection while making an outbound call? For me it takes about 20-30 secs before I can hear the 1st ring.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.