The Samsung Galaxy S24
j5k's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 10th, 2012 12:15 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Receiving Calls - Phone issue or Android issue?

I just got a Samsung S3 a week ago.  I have received calls and texts on it, but it appears that I am missing calls.  Somebody tried calling me 6-7 times in a row in a 30 minute time span yesterday and it never rang, and only one of those showed up as a missed call.  Today, the same thing happened again with two calls, and neither appeared in my missed call log.  They sent a text and it didn't appear until about 20 minutes after it was sent.

I live in a built up area where there should be good coverage, and looked at the map and am rated as "best coverage."  In the past six months, there were maybe two incidents at most when my old phone (not a smart phone) did not ring.  I have a normal amount of bars on my phone.

During both of these incidents, my phone was not in use, and the ringer was on with sufficent volume.

Does anybody have any recommendations for solving this?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hello Community,

A common issue we’ve seen - behind the voice and data issues that some users have experienced - is that some or all LTE service may be toggled to ‘off’ within the device settings inadvertently.

To Resolve:

Once complete, please ensure you power your phone off and back on to establish a fresh connection with the network.

Note: This information is specifically geared to the recent 3G shutdown.  If you were not part of the 3G shutdown, please troubleshoot as normal using the information included in other posts.

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

Did you call AT&T to activate the phone? They have to activate the phone before it becomes fully functional, but if you have, Try this

1. Turn Your Phone off

2. Take out the SIM Card for about 5 seconds

3. Put it back in

4. Turn the phone on

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I am facing the same issue too. Not resolved yet. Even though my phone shows a good network, if some one calls it goes directly to voice mail.

This is an intermittent issue and does not happen always.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm really upset that this is happening....and I know exactly what it is.

The AT&T network forces you to 3G when you receive a voice call.  Your phone switches networks as fast as it can...and on certain times of the day, takes a few too many seconds to jjump from LTE to 3G to receive the call.  The person calling you then experiences the exact same symptoms of you driving in a tunnel....it rings a few times, goes to voicemail and you have no idea. 

What makes this so bad, is if you're like me and use your phone for business, you have NO IDEA that someone called you unless they leave a voicemail.  Since getting the SGS3 my accounts have noticed that I'm not as responsive to their calls and have said something.

PLEASE HELP AT&T, this is on  you and your network.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Hello Sir,

I have the EXACT issue as you too... Do you know if there is a fix? I have a feeling it may be the phone itself because both my father and brother has the same phone and same plan but yet, they are not experiencing this issue.. I'm no with AT&T but with Wind Mobile..

Did you find any solution to this? I have already updated the software to the latest version but still no luck... It should be like this! Very frustrating when people can't call in and you have no idea...

Do let me know.. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

It shows that I'm connected with full bar signals but yet, it's not able to receive calls!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the exact same issue after moving from an iphone to GS3.

Planning to return the phone back and cancel my upgrade in a couple of days, if I dont find a resolution.

Googled all over, I see a lot of people having the same problem, but none with a solution.

Can someone help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Same here.  My wife is very annoyed and so am I.  Also, they (AT&T) charge an upgrade fee to your account now, around $40 If I remember.  I upgraded to the S3 from my iPhone 4.  I miss phone calls all the time and sometimes voicemails don't appear for hours.  The thing about missing my wife's calls is that she's a physician and has very little time during the day to talk.  So by the time I get her message, if she leaves one, is she's not available to talk.  Thought this was a superior phone and quality network.  Having my doubts.  This needs to be remedied ASAP! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

This issue is blowing my mind.

My Galaxy s3 has been working fine since I got it. But the past 2 weeks have been terrible.

I am ON CALL during the night on Monday's and the past two Monday's... in the middle of the night when I need to hear my ringer and have a call come through... there has been nothing.

I wake up with no missed calls and a few angry text messages that don't wake me up. I'm at a loss of what to do. I'm going to take my phone to the AT&T store but after reading this I'm doubtful they will have a clue what to do about it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same issue and very frustrated. Thought after upgrading to JB might resolve the issue but no luck, still have the issue. I don't have any other phone to use so not sure what to do....ATT PLEASE HELP
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.