The Samsung Galaxy S24
redhot4400's profile

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

Sunday, January 18th, 2015 11:42 AM

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and all SII series should have at least Android OS v4.2.2 Or v4.3

If Samsung I9105 Galaxy S II Plus has got the Android OS v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) then why more unique Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 Android OS is v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)??  

Near about 530 MB files downloaded while anyone is going to update Samsung I9105 Galaxy S II Plus Android OS v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) to Android OS v4.2.2. After upgrading there some cool features are there, especially App can be transfer into external SD storage and also more smooth the Samsung I9105 Galaxy S II Plus is running.

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727 and all other SII series should have at least Android OS v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) or Android OS v4.3 (Jelly Bean).

Samsung should remember Samsung Galaxy S II series is the milestone in Galaxy S series.

Thanks in advance

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @redhot4400

I can confirm that the last update available for the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket is indeed v4.1.2. Whilst we would love to be able to keep all of our devices up to date with the most recent software, in many cases it is not possible due to many different reasons. The main reason a manufacturer may not update an older device could be that it would perform slowly on the older hardware. If you would like to see if you are eligible to upgrade to a newer model which will be updated to more recent versions of Android, you can check your eligibility via myAT&T online by choosing Manage my Plan & Services > Check Upgrade Eligibility from the I want to… menu.

Thanks!

Charise

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

9 years ago

@Anonymous 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Do you know Samsung SII Plus also an older device !! didn't i say there that the update 4.2.2 for SII plus bring the facilities like app transfer to external SD card and more smothness ?

Sorry Your comments is not a solution and also logicless.

Thanks in Advance

2 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

The answer was correct, you can argue logic when you use facts. The processors are different, and have nothing to do with the age of the device. (For example the iPhone 5 and 5C have the same chip, although the 5c was introduced later with the 5S, which The hardware on the Skyrocket does not support newer software.

Specs on the S2 plus
Processor Dual core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A9 chipset Exynos 4210

Specs on the S2 Skyrocket
Processor 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 APQ8060
dual-core. Chipset Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon

The more advanced chipset in the S2 plus supports the more recent operating system.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

9 years ago

@lizdance40

Thanks for your reply. but sorry to say that the answer was not correct at all. the answer was commercial answer like bypassing the real matter.

yes man different kind of chipset was used in many different version of Samsung Galaxy SII series. but there are lots of custom ROM like Kitkat  which is smoothly running on SII series without much bugs.

The major matter is that AT&T is the slowest company in this world which is always extreme slow about their device update and Samsung also joined with them in this matter.

All Samsung Galaxy SII series is easily capable of running the Android OS up to 4.3 easily. The major problem in Android OS is Lollipop for SII series.

Thanks in Advance

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

One more time, only I'm going to say it simple, since you are not getting it.

The HARDWARE in the Skyrocket can't support more advanced SOFTWARE.

If you are talking about rooting, keep in mind that software is not going to run smoothly on the older hardware, which is why it wasn't offered by Samsung and why rooting voids any warranty.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Liz

That phone will run jelly bean and kitkat just fine.  I have lollipop on a galaxy nexus which uses a ti processor.  And it runs smooth as silk.

The problem here is the 18-24 month android update schedule.  Google will support devices for 18-24 months.  Samsung is doing this also.  The reason the skyrocket got less support is the adoption of the s2 was horrible as Verizon did not pick it up.  The S3 is what made samsung where they are today.

By the way if he roots and roms a phone that is years out of warranty whats it matter.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

So a more appropriate answer is, he isn't going to get a further update OTA from AT&T

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

correct the phone is out of the update window...

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

9 years ago

hey lizdace

One more time i want to tell you clearly.....who were asking about rooting.... said the JB n Kitkat do run on SII and SII skyrocket smoothly, so why you are keep saying ......" The HARDWARE in the Skyrocket can't support more advanced SOFTWARE." dont keep saying same thing over n over again.

see what  GLIMMERMAN76 said there......."That phone will run jelly bean and kitkat just fine. Google will support devices for 18-24 months.  Samsung is doing this also.  "

do you understand that lizdance?? i dont see you are getting my words at all from the beginning.

By the way, Thanks in Advance

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.