For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
ATTOzzieCS's profile

Former Employee

• 

17 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2016 3:27 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 7

galaxyn7b.png

Hey Community!

My name’s Ozzie, and I typically work behind the scenes on the community crafting responses to all of your questions. Today, I’ve decided to step out into the community to talk about the new Note 7 from Samsung that was just announced!

The launch of this phone is something I’ve been looking forward to all year! Check out my thoughts on the device by reading below.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I pre-ordered early on the first day that anyone could, today is now the 17th and have had zero updates from At&t. The whole reason behind pre-ordering is to get the product on the day it launches, or possible a day or two before...right? I am perfectly fine with getting the phone on the 19th like they say, but if I would have known that there is now a chance that we may not even get the phone till next week I would have just waited and went into the store on the 19th? That is the dumbest thing and worst thing At&t can do to their customers. Still hoping for something from them today at some point.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I was sitting at my desk working today and got an email from UPS stating that I had a scheduled delivery from AT&T on 8/23. The weird part, I pre-ordered my Note 7 on 8/3, literally the first day one could pre-order. 

So thinking that UPS might have accidentally coded the Tracking Number as Ground instead of 1-2 day I called AT&T customer care. The very friendly customer care agent told me that she didn't show any shipping activity, UPS or otherwise and that I shouldn't expect my pre-order to arrive on the launch date. 

When I did my pre-order in the AT&T factory store, I was assured I would have the phone on the 19th. I scheduled my 5-day out of state business trip next week for Tues allowing AT&T the grace period of Monday in case UPS was delayed for a Friday delivery. 

So, I echo the same question...what is the advantage of pre-ordering??  Any why after being a loyal (though that is obviously being questioned now) AT&T customer of 14 years did I not anticipate this happening.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I also pre-ordered the day it became available at an att store and was told I would get it by the time it was released. My ups shipment update says should be delivered on the 22nd... It was ups ground for some reason when it was shipped out on the 17th. It makes no sense that I pre-ordered soon as I could to get the phone but won't get it until after its already been available to people that didn't pre-order. Pretty terrible way to treat customers. Lesson learned.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Can we cancel our pre ordered phones and just pick up the phones at att stores?

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I prefer not to purchase anything on preorder.  I'll wait till others like those above get all the bugs worked out.

I'll watch for the reviews and then make my purchase, though I am leaning towards the Note 7 at this time.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

yea it's 100 mAh smaller,  Why would they make the bigger phones battery smaller.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Why is AT&T modifying the original Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Packaging?

They did the same thing with the Note 4 when I bought it, on top of which they modified the contents by taking my headphones out!

I went in to a BestBuy yesterday (August 19th) to pick up the Note 7 I preordered.

I was the first in line at the store, and everyone else got theirs except me (Sprint, Verizon and Tmobile were all on time). 

So I went in today again, and not only was the Onyx phone not available, they had one in Coral available. 

I was disappointed again to find that AT&T had struck again.

Everyone else had these sweet premium Samsung boxes... except for AT&T phones.

Crappy blue and orange flimsy cardboard boxes... this is a disgrace!

Why is AT&T doing this?

Is anyone's contents missing?

If Im paying close to $1000 for a premium phone, I want to be the first one to pop that cherry and take the plastic off... dont even get the pleasure of doing that cuz they change the plastic as well!? WHY?!

And the bloatware!!!

Why is Samsing even allowing this?! 

Im definitely canceling my pre-order. 

Definitely moving to another carrier as well.

Until then, does anyone know if and when the Note 7 can be had factory unlocked and free from AT&T tampering?

Apparently the current unlocked phones from abroad wont support Samsung pay in the US?

Thanks in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

All the carriers play with bloatware.  Att didn't change the s6 box but they did with the note 5 and after. 

Former Employee

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

@Wrangler785, @LHagerdorn, @Kaylajazzmin

Devices have begun to ship out, so you should be receiving your devices soon. Whenever a new Samsung or Apple device launches they are typically met with an extremely high demand, so much so, that devices are typically sold out shortly after they launch. When you pre-order while we do try our hardest to get the device out to you on or slightly before launch day, the purpose of pre-ordering is to make sure that you get one of the devices of the initial batch of inventory. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. You can verify the status of your order at any time from our Order Track page.

@Gixxer

We are unable to cancel an order if it has already been shipped. You can verify the status of this order from the order status page. There will be steps to cancel the order directly from that page, you can also find the steps to cancel your order directly from our webpage. If your order can be cancelled than you are free to go to any available store with available inventory and complete your purchase at the store.

@jeffblond

While decreasing the size of the battery does seem like an odd choice, there’s a lot of more variables in play when it comes to great battery life. The 3 most battery intensive components on a phone, are the display, the processor and the cellular radio. Each year advances are made to each of these components so that they use less energy than the components on the previous year’s model. So while the battery on this year’s model may be smaller, there were improvements made in other areas to offset the difference.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T can't get pre-orders right because they need to swap out the original packaging and put the phones in ugly crap boxes.  I was really dissappointed with I went to pick up my phone.  Can you explain why AT&T is swapping out the boxes?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.