Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 914
Scholar

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

So I went for another training ride this afternoon for just under 35 miles and I experienced 1 GPS error.  While this wasnt perfect, it's far above what I've been accustomed to.  Typically, over this route, I'm lucky to get 5 or 6 miles without an error so I'm still having a bit of cautious optimism but things are looking up.  I might play with the settings a bit more.  I break tomorrow but will be going on really long rides this weekend.  Those will tell the tale for sure.

Message 316 of 914
Explorer

Ranmaniac, I tried that program and it doesn't help. In fact, it actually confirms the compass issue I discussed in earlier posts. The compass of the phone only works properly if the phone is laying flat on its back. So if you are using it on a cars GPS stand, the phone has no clue which direction you are facing. I know that will confuse other GPS such as TomTom & Garmin; if it thinks you are facing one way and heading another it will botch the directions.
Message 317 of 914
Explorer

TomTom & Garmin will ask me to make a U-turn when it doesn't realize I'm facing the right direction
Message 318 of 914

I read on another board that the phones with N900A T# 4-4 right next to the sim card is not having a problem. My phone has N900A T# 3-3. 

Curious if anyone with the 4-4 is having a problem in here..

Message 319 of 914
Scholar

Well,

As yall can see..  I cycle quite a bit.  We had a long club training ride, yesterday, 60 miles.  The Mapmyride app errored 4 times but recovered rather quickly on its own without me having to wake it up.  This is markedly better that what I used to get before installing the GPS Toolbox app.  Before, It may lockup and never recover until I wake it.  So I wouldnt call it a "fix" but it sure has made a difference.

Message 320 of 914
Teacher

I am back to post my results. 

I sent back my phone (Note 3) to att, and got back a replacement.

the first week the replacement worked great, soon i started to drop GPS once in a while.

Now (week 2) It drops gps all the time, complete joke. it is worst than the phone i sent back.

I did a lot of driving this weekend, I am so mad that i sent back my phone, to get back a more screwed up phone.

this is a complete joke! I am never going to trust an ATT phone again, tech support is a joke, they act like they have no idea what is going on.

I will now have to replace the gps file with the international ones.

I use gps a lot and constantly having to disable and enable gps is going to get me into an accident.

to everyone that told me wait and your phone's gps will crap out, you guys were so right, 

Message 321 of 914
Scholar

Well.. Went riding again today and the GPS errored often as it always had. I had the AGPS update setting to 1 day in Gps toolbox. Ill try 1 hour. I may just be on a wild goose chase.
Message 322 of 914
Voyager

I'm curious...does anyone have knowledge regarding AT&T's position on us simply returning our phone for another one (not a Note 3)?  It seems like we ought to be able to compel them.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 323 of 914

Message 324 of 914

Ah LG no removable battery Smiley Sad
Message 325 of 914

Problem is this phone is a beast everything else pails in comparison. Gotta deal with it till it's fixed
Message 326 of 914

Any updates on this? driving me crazy....
Message 327 of 914
Scholar

Ok just got off the phone with rep named Sophie Aguallo and she works with the president of AT&T . She called after sending an email to me. She told me that AT&T and Samsung have been working on the update since Feb 12th . The update is really being released SOON! I asked can u give me a time (in Feb? ) she again said there will definitely be an update SOON! They known of GPS issue in the beginning of Feb. I told her my frustration that's when she started telling me about the update being SOON. That's what I got and take it for what's it worth. Not pulling nobody's chain with this either!
Message 328 of 914
Scholar

This looks to have the same functionality as GPS Status Toolbox of which I'm having mixed results with at the moment.

Message 329 of 914
Tutor

Thanks for the update about the fix coming soon.  The maps app is one of my favorite app that I use all the time.  Hope it works.

Message 330 of 914
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support