The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

4.4.2 for the Galaxy S4, yes. But for the S4 Active, it will be awhile. Not as many of them, so of course, ATT lags behind on that one.

I cant believe there are 27 pages of discussion on the note 3 problem, but almost nothing on the S4. I wonder if it is just the S4 Active? they are different beasts.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

I drive 2+ hours daily for work, since the update I've been golden however and GPS finally works as it should.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Yes . ATT had poor handling when it came to this situation with GPS . So again I did the trick and showing my step son in the car with GPS problem while in while in my lap in the car . lol I was like " check this out , on my leg/lap my lap GPS signal blinking . Hold phone in my hand ,GPS locks in 5 seconds . Put back in my lap ,stays locked for like 3 seconds and icon starts blinking ." I was thinking doing a video showing everyone lol .

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I had a regular S4 and had the exact same problem too, it was what prompted me to go to the Note 3. Yesterday for the first time since the 4.4.2 update, I took the trip that always causes GPS drops and had no issues at all. I even had people call and text me and no drops at all. Here's hoping the problem is gone for me.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you to me! I finally solved it. I went to T-Mobile. I got a better package now for a cheaper price! And I used my ATT Note 3 there and trade in a prehistoric phone!

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

10 years ago

So I updated to kitkat and thought the problem was solved but still not a full fix. I still lose GPS signal multiple times during a trip. Although the GPS is still able to pick up the signal after a minute or so after its lost, I still find it really annoying that it drops the signal and I have to wait for it to pick back up before I can proceed with my route. In the end I am still disappointed with this phone and its GPS issues.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

10 years ago

Wow I just tried this and mine does the exact same thing...

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

The Kit Kat update did not fix this issue. I just did the same drive and the whole trip "GPS Signal Lost". My Tracks shows a loss of signal every couple miles. I'm on a major Highway driving and it has no clue where I am. Most of the signal losses come at the exits which is even more ridiculous. Can't believe nothing is being done about this after all this time!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Why do you have trouble believing ATT is doing nothing about it. It took GM over ten years to admit there was a problem with the ignition switch and they were killing people.

But, back on topic.... I have a Galaxy S4 Active. According to ATT, it's software is up to date, Android 4.3. 😞

I have the probem with the GPS dropping all the time. It appears to happen when I am getting switched from one tower to another, since out here in NJ, we have 4G LTE almost everywhere.

BUT - I found the perfect fix! I turn Airplane Mode ON. Then I turn blue tooth back on so my BLE Heart Monitor works and everything works fine. Of course, there are no maps without the internet, but Endmondo still tracks my location and records my speed, etc. I believe it is a problem with the cellular radio grabing the GPS and messing it up when towers change. Probably related to E911 location determination.

So, Thank You ATT for giving me a phone or a GPS for navigation, but not both at the same time. Man, as soon as the contract expires, its bye bye.

But I cannot believe that so few people are expericening this problem. Not many are trying to navigate with thier smart phones? Using TomToms?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

@rpreuss I feel the same way. You might want to take a look at T-mobile promo. So you dont have to wait for your contract.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.