The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Downloaded the 4.4.2 update yesterday, did a Helium backup and performed a cache wipe and factory reset. Haven't have ONE GPS issue as of yet and the battery seems to be running on par with my 4.3 usage. Will tell the whole story soon enough.

Thanks, ATT for the update that actually fixed the issue. Next time, keep your customers posted. I almost dumped you for T-Mobile simply to stay on the GSM network.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Google maps works after the update. But, nothing else does. Android Device manager cant even find the phone.

Explorer

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My wife just drove about 180 miles.  Said it was stable the whole way.  Not an issue to be seen.

I think we are seeing good things.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

It works. Thanks.

In the future...

Please acknowledge there is a problem.

Please communicate with owners who have the problem.

Please communicate with FUTURE owners who are buying INTO the problem.

Please don't take 4+ months to fix a major problem.

You've needlessly lost customers over the way you handled this issue. However, you lost far less than you deserved. When contract time comes again, many of us will remember how we were treated.

But at least it's now fixed.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

Well I'm back. For those that remember, I was the one that did a week long test and found out the issue only started around 24 hours after inserting the sim card on a factory reset.

Anyways, I downloaded and installed the update last night about 9ish. I did not do a factory reset, just installed the update and went from there. During the download, I verified the plug/unplug issue and LTE to 4G switch issue was still there.

Update installed and everything seems to work great.

Well so far after a long day of testing the gps and trying everything I could to get it to fail, it is still working. Now I have yet to hit the 24 & 48 hour marks, but so far things look good.

I have my fingers crossed that the issue is fixed and this is not the 24 fake fix we saw after a factory reset.

I'll update tomorrow and again on Sunday (which will be the 48 hour mark)...

On the even more plus side, I love the new GPS settings

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

My GPS still works more than 24 hours later. Knock on wood. But I found one problem so far. My Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth headset is now causing a wake lock killing my battery at a much faster rate. This only happened after the KitKat update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

My other Bluetooth headset from another brand still works fine.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Go to Bluetooth Share in application in app list . Clear it out and restart on pairing devices back to phone. Had this happen to my headset ....on 4.3 though. Hope it works bud!

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks @mastaofdacat! That did it.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Only negative I notice since the update to kitkat are text messages are quite often out of order both sending and receiving. I'll see text #4 before I see #2 in order and so forth. However I think this is a general kitkat issue as a Google search reveals this issue with other models and carriers on kitkat.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.