The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Let's hope for those fixes!!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

Customers who have an AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 began to receive the latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat today.

For more information, please click on the link below.

Android 4.4 KitKat

-Mariana

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

^^^^lol as always to slow

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

just finished testing.  i have 3 very specific spots within a mile that broke gps.  for the most part, it looks fixed.  HOWEVER, it did drop in 1 of the 3 spots, but the gps reestablished itself within about 10 seconds, or about 1 short block of around 40 yards or so.  i went around that circle pattern 3 times and each time i got the same results, fixed for the most part but still drops in that same exact spot ... only to recover very quickly.

caveat: that spot is well know in this area for very poor reception, if any at all.  that may have something to do with it, but i would think gps is separate from all other connection types.

im going to stay on this distribution list until others have a chance to verify.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

@kirk-icap wrote:

just finished testing.  i have 3 very specific spots within a mile that broke gps.  for the most part, it looks fixed.  HOWEVER, it did drop in 1 of the 3 spots, but the gps reestablished itself within about 10 seconds, or about 1 short block of around 40 yards or so.  i went around that circle pattern 3 times and each time i got the same results, fixed for the most part but still drops in that same exact spot ... only to recover very quickly.

caveat: that spot is well know in this area for very poor reception, if any at all.  that may have something to do with it, but i would think gps is separate from all other connection types.

im going to stay on this distribution list until others have a chance to verify.

Phone GPS's typically rely on bothe GPS signal and data connection for quick updates.  I wouldnt be surprised to see a dead spot cause issues for any phone.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

It finally works!!!  Thanks AT&T!  Cheers to everyone!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

Did you check battery performance?_ What about the read only external SC Card issue?

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

WHOOOOA THIS PHONE BLAZES FAST!  Ill keep updating! 

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

The only way I could faithfully reproduce this was to get a GPS lock first then plug in a charger.  This would without fail kill the GPS.  Just tried it now and the GPS lock is still there!  I'll test later in my car but so far looks good!

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

lol I gotta say this ...im gonna test the gps on a mini road trip today and if it works ...THIS IS THE BEST IMPROVEMENT UPDATE I EVER GOT ON ANY PHONE ! did I say in another post this phone is now really fast .geezy soon as I wake and unlock to my screen BAMM ! Its crazy smooth too. only gps test I done in the house and random navigate a place .gps locked in like 2.5 seconds ! crossing fingers on road trip test ! could it be .....WE HAIL TO THE RENEW GALAXY NOTE 3 😊 ! Sorry waited forever for this update !
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.