Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 914
Mentor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

You dog! I knew I should have waited till midnight. The big question will be if this fixes your gps.
Message 721 of 914
Mentor

Crossing fingers.........

I'm updating also. Someone said you could not root the phone with this latest update. Were they correct?
Message 722 of 914
Mentor

It's supposed to. We shall see. As for not being able to root, I doubt that.

Message 723 of 914
Contributor

Enuratique, did you manually update the phone through the or did you wait for a notification?
Message 724 of 914
Mentor

Manually checked under settings > general > about device > software update > check for update

Message 725 of 914
Mentor

I manually checked for update. 188mb / 541mb
Message 726 of 914
Scholar

For those of you who have already checked and cant check untill later today or tomorrow; manualy change your date and time then check again.

Im D/L now. Will report back.

Message 727 of 914
Voyager

Can it be downloaded through kies?
Message 728 of 914
Mentor

Thanks for that idea!!!
Message 729 of 914
Scholar

Its probably FOTA only.

Message 730 of 914
Scholar

Downloading...  Fingers crossed...

Message 731 of 914
Mentor

No it is FOTA only.

Message 732 of 914
Scholar

Enuratique wrote:

Just received word that the rollout will begin this Thursday, March 27th. Your device needs to have already received and installed the NB4 build that was pushed a few weeks ago to receive the update. Keep in mind that FOTA releases are done in waves, so your device may not receive the update on the 27th.

ALL HAIL ENURATIQUE !!  

Message 733 of 914
Highlighted
Mentor

I'm downloading now too. Smiley Happy It's talking forever but I'm not gonna complain. Though I feel like each byte is being delivered by carrier pigeon. Here's hoping my GPS problems are finally over.
Message 734 of 914
Voyager

I tried changing my time three different times and tried to update.. No success. I cant manually check for an update until March 31st. It kept giving me an "Update Interrupted' message. Was I doing something wrong?

Message 735 of 914
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support