The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

Samsung has repaired the phone that AT&T sent me in hopes it would fix to the GPS issue. This is what Samsung said about the phone:

Original Problem:
CONNECTIVITY - GPS - WEAK SIGNAL/COVERAGE ERROR DISPLAY 

Problem found:
LCD BLANK/SEG. MISSING/LINES 

Solution:
REPLACED LCD

This is the second time I had Samsung repair a phone under warranty, and the second time they replaced the LCD instead. (The last problem was a headphone issue with my Note2 --- a long, horrible experience up-to, and including, Samsungs warranty repair....).

I think they write that when they replace the mainboard too.

I have no idea if this will fix the GPS issue.

but I will receive it and test Friday (hopefully 1 day after AT&T release kitkat?)

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Good luck Smartfast. Let us know what you find out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Just finished a call with ATT support.  

1. Claimed they did not know of an issue.
  2. Then claimed Samsung sent them an advisory stating that Samsung knew about the issue and a fix date was to be dermined.
  3. Implied it was a Samsung issue and not carrier specific.

Regardless of how (or if) this issue is resolved the process has shown me that ATT has improperly trained tech support and/or very bad procedures in tracking and dealing with customer issues.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Well I'm sure they know of it.  For instance you can go on Twitter or FB and say "Yo my billz is wrong" you get a response from AT&T.  If you give a thoughful comment about the Note 3 and having GPS trouble you get nothing but crickets.  That in my world means they're happily avoiding the issue.  And why would you avoid an issue unless you already knew it was a problem.

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

Contacting at&t will only frustrate you more, the employee's at the customer service level have no clue and are not given any useful information, their job is to deal with customers and give canned responses.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

If you buy a new PC you have control of whatever you decide to be installed on it. Why the heck they block their stupid ATT apps bloatware that you dont need, use and what?  If they install pure vainilla stock roms every user can decide what to install.

This is my last contract with ATT.

Explorer

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I went through this same garbage waiting for Jelly Bean with the HTC one x. I was hoping for better support from at&t this time around. At&t has once again proved to me that they couldn't care less about their customers.

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

10 years ago

I bought my Note 3 in November and have this issue. It is pretty annoying. I love the phone but this gps issue is really frustrating. When I was driving around using Google Maps, gps would lose signal and I would have to park aside until I could get it running again. Not reliable what so ever. Hopefully the fix comes out soon.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

March 27th 720 am and software update on my phone says my phone is up to date. I can't check again until tomorrow. 

Mentor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Told y'all so. Vetdoctor, sorry it wasn't available to you when you checked this morning. I checked at 8 AM CDT.Screenshot_2014-03-27-07-59-59.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.