The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Yes,  because teh NSA really is interested in your mundane life.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

@Ranmaniac wrote:

Yes,  because teh NSA really is interested in your mundane life.

It is in yours.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

@Ranmaniac wrote:

And other things copy & pasted from the various articles such as on Android police and proported as actual news. 

• Nothing I wrote was copied and pasted dude. They are my own words and observations from first hand testing the units we work with at my job.
  • Ruling out the Note 3 overall by comparing success with other carriers is critical to the matter so there can be no finger pointing soley at Samsung
  • Just the same simply rooting and replacing the GPS files fixes the issue further proves the point.  Once the files are replaced the issue is fixed proving AT&T's variation of these files is part of the problem.

In the end, let's hope AT&T fixes their mess up with the pending update.   If not many folks will likely be going through the warranty/replacement routine.  I will be one of the first.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

If they don't fix this problem soon I will be going through warranty. This is ridiculous what at&t is doing. This should have been fix already. Every time a carrier get the phones in their hands and start adding things they break something else. They should leave the phones as the manufacturer built them.

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Actually, if any of you NSA fearing types ever bothered ti read the law that gives them this ability, in order for them to used the collected data as evidence against you, you must be suspect of or charged with a crime agaist national security or terrorism. So no.. The NSA is not interested in my ramblings.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Looking forward to the update!

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Dear Community Members,

This thread appears to be taking a different direction. Please avoid any personal attacks or criticism.

While we encourage debates and discussions, we would like it to be carried out in a climate of mutual respect.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

@Phil-101

In following your suggestion, could you please please please please get someone from AT&T to give us an official update on how the progress of their fix? Please?

Please?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Sweet baby Jesus, AT&T has once again acknowledged the existence of this thread!  There truly is light at the end of the tunnel.  I can't wait for the fine folks at AT&T to release the update to fix GPS soon after the Note 4 is released in October.  Bless you Phil, and bless you AT&T... a truly benevolent master!

Smiley Indifferent

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Annnnnnnnd silence.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.