The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

You could still return it. The way things are going, Note 4 will be out before the fix is released anyway.

Scholar

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

I wonder why this page http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N900AZKEATT

clearly says AT&T Galaxy Note 3 , and under specs lists the OS as Android 4.4 KitKat

This just changed recently!

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

It's been like that for awhile now. Different Android sites picked up on that.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

10 years ago

Att has forgotten about us and started working on blocking this

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2455011,00.asp

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

That changed at least 2 or 3 weeks ago.  If you pull up a Samsung chat window the agents will tell you all N900A devices being manufactured right now have 4.4 on them.  If that were true I guarantee you someone would have found one and extracted the contents of the stock ROM and put it on any one of the many Android forums.

So basically its more smoke and mirrors.  Even Bell in Canada, who's N3 is essentially the same as the N900A, is releasing 4.4 this coming week.  When the Canadians get it before US users you know its reached a new low point.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Before you update to KitKat read this and protect your SD card

http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

I tried the above tactic of turning off " use wireless networks " again while I was on mini roadtrip just little while ago . Wanted to see if anything changed since last time tried it months ago and didn't work then. Not only still not working but it made things worse! My arrow on navigation was flying around everywhere on screen, jumping to nearby streets and going nuts with dropped" GPS signal lost" msg. GPS locked back on twice for like 1 minute went back to trying find a lock . After awhile though  I think my phone had an anxiety attack ...GPS symbol dissapered,  map frozed up,  and it was over for my phone trying to find my location . My phone again let me down, mentally wanted to go back home to rest ,and said F.U . I'm out and find your way home ! AT&T  Galaxy Note 3 ..... There aint no "I" in TEAM and there aint no "WE " either.  🙂

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

@Eileen89 wrote:

I ran GM app again, plugging it into my car and unplugging it while the App was giving me directions. I had no loss of the White GPS icon at all and the App kept right on working. I've done everything I could to create the GPS issue on my new Note 3 and yet each time it keeps right on working as it should. I'm not going to run anymore tests as it is obvious to me at this point that for what ever reason my Note 3 is not having the GPS issue that others are complaining about. I would love for other new Note owners to post whether or not they are having this same issue but not everyone with an AT&T Note 3 takes the time to visit this site so I doubt that's going to happen. 

I've been fighting this as a cyclist using apps like MapmyRide and Strava.  The issue is more pronounced when using these types of tracking apps because you can easily see when tracking is lost due to straight line interpolations on the map.  I rode nearly error free from last spring until last fall, using a Note 1.  I then began having these GPS problems that everyone speaks of and I wrongly assumed the App.  After a couple of months of back-n-forth with the App developer, and reading up on the issues described here and other forums, it's clearly the GPS interaction and not the app.  I am convinced it is not solely the fault of the Note 3 but seems to be the interaction of the device with either GPS or nearby cell towers.  When I upgraded from my Note 1 to Note 3, I expected the problem to go away but it was exactly the same and has been since I got the Note 3 on release day.  Maybe the note 3 is just more sensitive to the issue.  

The kicker is that on some days, with no correleation to weather, trees, etc.. On the same routes where it errored before,  It will run error free.  Sometimes in clear weather, sometimes with thick overcast and it will error in equally bad or good conditions.  My suspicion tells me that it is perhaps, tower congestion or as some stated LTE to 4G switching.  Regardless,  there are multiple reportings of a Note 3 failing in a given region only to stop failing after being rooted.  

Perhaps you, and the people that QC'ed this current version of firmware live in an enviroment,toweres, signal strength, etc.., that is condusive to not reproducing this error, but clearly, there are many of us that have real issues with this.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It seems that when unselecting the use wireless networks setting it is just a cosmetic fix as the issue still remains that our devices still cannot function GPS when traveling. The sting really just keeps GM from saying you lost GPS connection every so often... I don't know about any one else but every time I hear that I just want to call AT&T and ask them where are they in getting this resolved. I have signed my petition and files my FCC complaint, until this is fixed we need to spread this as much as we can. If possible moderator, can the office of the president customer service number be posted here? So that we can call and ask get our status updates?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you Smartfast, I do agree with your description. It really is just a stop gap fix from having my Note 3 tell me "GPS connection lost"! Lol
Anybody have any updates or called customer service lately?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.