For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I hate having to reset gps while driving on freeway at 70mph or on busy residential street. Did not have to do it with any other of dozen devices. Unlike texting which can wait gps is mostly to be used while driving.

Did anyone try to call and request credit in terms of contract duration or credit to account? This may get message sooner.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Why wouldn't AT&T approve my review every time I mention the word GPS in the review text? There's only one review that didn't get filtered. LOL. Fix our phone AT&T. This is ridiculous.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@ Thomasedison

to your questionDid anyone try to call and request credit in terms of contract duration or credit to account? This may get message sooner"

I did...  I called Customer Service, and talked for a long time...   got them to awknoldge that there was a problem...   Thier solution was to ofer to switch my phone out, with one that does not have that issue.   He suggested the Samsung MEGA ,   since I liked a large screen.

MEGA!?!?!? 

MEGA!?!?!?!?    as compared to the NOTE 3 !!?!?!?!??

I ..um.. literaly laghed in his face.    

compared tot he Note 3, the Mega   is slower, bad screen resolution, no s-pen...   the list goes on.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Just called customer service, was on hold for nearly 30 minutes and eventually hung up.  Used online support chat and of course the ATT rep had never heard of the issue and it is still not in their main database as a known issue.  I asked for a service credit and he said the only way to get that would be to go through trouble shooting steps of basically setting phone to factory resets and all that crap. Not going to waste my time doing that based on the information in this forum.  At this point ATT has us, they can fix or not fix whenever they want to knowing we can do very little about it and continue to give out vaugue answers like an update is coming soon.  I fault Samsung equally for letting ATT get away with this damaging their brand.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Appears our issue (and specifically this thread) is now getting media attention.  A simple web search on this topic title will show which media outlet has picked up this forum topic concern.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The Factory Reset does not solve my issue.

I have been having "GPS Signal Lost" messages that appear at random, no correlation to a location, use-case, or otherwise.

This issue occurs in any app that uses the GPS signal to determine location.

As far as I can tell, this is a software issue and I am hopeful that AT&T/Samsung can push a fix soon. Whether or not this gets fixed will influence my decision to switch to Verizon and to a different hardware provider when my contract is up.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T replied to my post via the official AT&T Facebook page stating they are actively investigating reports of the GPS issue and will provide an update as soon as they learn more.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just joined this forum to say I've been having the same problem with my note 3 GPS. Google maps is worthless and I used to rely on it when I had my iPhone5. I use the google maps exclusively for finding places and getting around and now I am stuck without a GPS. This is sickening that I'm paying for this and not being able to use it. Something needs to be done ASAP. I wish I saw this thread before I bought this useless phone or I would have kept my iphone. My wife has a note 3 through Verizon and hers works flawlessly and is the reason I bought the note3. What a joke.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have a note 3 also and having the same issue. Hopefully with the new update 4.4 kikat the problem will get resolved if not a lot of people are going to be very unhappy to say least.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.