The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Now if they could properly inform the rest of the company about the issue specially their customer service department.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Funny you should mention that. I told him that CS was still telling people to replace their phones and seemed unaware a fix was in the works. His response was "I'll have to talk to them about that." He said that it is listed in the system with this solution in the works.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Have a friend with the Note 3 on Verizon with no problems.. and if the Verizon doesn't have the GPS issue where AT&T and TMobile does..   it would seem that they only need to look at whatever mechanical or software code differences there are.. ie between ATT and Verizon phones to determine where the problem lies.   Or is that too simplistic.   Samsung and ATT do NOT CARE and won't until enough customers just STOP buying their products and get their attention.   Money talks and the rest is Horse Dew Pucky (get past censors)

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

I know that it appears that AT&T is not posting negative reviews, but I did get my phone on Amazon.

My friend with a Note 3 on Verizon isn't having a problem at all.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

I'm actually waiting on a replacement being shipped right now for this exact same issue. So this won't fix it and AT&T is wasting their money?

It took me 2 hours of stupidity and horrible "troubleshooting" for them to admit there was a problem on my phone at all!

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

^^^nope wont fix issue . Every at& t note 3 has this issue !

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Att should issue refund or give credit to all note 3 holders.

Also Google messed up with latest navigation. Good news you can get NimaGL2 version of old one on the web.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Cnet has an article called: Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action

We are basically unable to join together in a suit because of an arbitration clause in our contract we signed. So... each of us would have to file separately in order to even try to legally challenge anything AT&T decides to do. And AT&T knows this, which allows them to confidently exert their force on any who would question them.

So the message we are hearing is this: "sit down, be quiet and be glad we are working on it."

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

NHzero:   Nope..  will not fix the issue......

...   but look at the bright side..  they are sending you a "factory referbished" replacement, to replace that brand new phone you have...     so..  someone else has already broken it in for you .....

LBDanny

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@ daines1    I suspect you r post will be censored fairly quickly...  people memtioned that stuff on here..  but it gets pulled down really quickly....

....  I would point out to everyone that the arbitration information is on the AT&T website....     and we do not need to talk about it on here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.