The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Looks like Reddit has a GalaxyNote3 area.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

xda forums- search for the Note3 list and there should be a long thread. There are hyperlinks directly further back in the posts here. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@ ranmaniac I agree .. Hind sight is 20/20 ...

...but really.. think about it. "making. a. phone-call. on. a. phone."

I think that it is fairly easily predictable that a user MIGHT MAKE or GET a phone call while using the GPS.

.... so.. yes, it MIGHT be some really convoluted combination of software that AT&T puts on the phone causes the problem.... BUT IT IS A PRETTY EASY AND OBVIOUS TEST to figure out there is a problem!!!

.... like... make a phone call....!!!!

and AGAIN! They BROKE it!!! it WORKED before with the Samsung drivers... just PUT THE SAMSUNG DRIVERS BACK ON!!! and then the problem is fixed.

I can sympathise with the hardware and software developers that put a lot of time and effort into makeing what I still think is the best phone out there.....

... but i have NO sympathy for a company that:

1) takes MONTHS to even grudgingly admit that there is a problem....
2) ignores its customers
3) Censors/removes negative reviews from its sales page for the product.

Yes, this forum thread is being used as a place to vent. Thats because there is NOTHING eles we CAN do!! (unless we root)

WE (the customers) have:
1) Found the problem.
2) Tested mulitple solutions/combination to confirm the problem.
3) FOUND A SOLUTION.. (replacing 6 GPS driver files)
4) TESTED the solution.... (those willing to root)
5) CONFIRMED that it fixes the problem...

What more can we do?

We can vent,
We can try to get AT&T to pay attention and fix it
We can file complaints
We can warn other people NOT to get the NOTE 3 (on AT&T), until they fix the problem.

Mentor

• 

39 Messages

10 years ago

Your "What more can we do?" is what we are doing.

I'm frustrated and tired of waiting. I have been quietly thinking it was me this whole time.

Now I'm trying to get the word out to others. Join me. 😃

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

That's surprisingly accurate. It's amazing we get the same thrashing about our gps issues from our significant others. Especially me, coming from a much hated iphone, loved to spout off about what I could do that couldn't be done on the iPhone. From the camera, to interface, video quality, ir transmitter, I could be accused of bragging. My wife and I are always in "competition" to get the best new tech, then become annoying as we jokingly ask the other person if their device could "do that" Sadly, I have been losing lots of bragging rights when she replies "how's that gps working?".

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

^ sad thing is the Note 3 is most amazing peice of hardware out .....well except for the AT& T version as they made into a piece of JUNK !

I have lots of people that ask for advice as they trust my opinion . At work ,friends ,family ...their freinds asking "thinking about joining AT& T or what about the Note 3 on AT& T ?? My reply is "If you want the Note 3 stick to your carrier and renew your contract with them ." Then I show them why with my phone . I wouldnt recommend this phone to anybody !

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

...and already stopped some people joining AT& T . Sorry being bitter ! My word means alot to me and I'll speak only the truth !

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

Once again I have no idea what this means (customer service is unaware and actually told me to tighten the screws on my device), but hopefully soon actually means soon and this will be fixed. If nothing else they're publicly acknowledging it. I'm cautiously optimistic, I just wish I knew more. 

Note3GPS.png

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

I received a direct phone call from AT&T executive customer relations in response to my FCC complaint. He assured me they are aware of the issue and should have a fix soon. He still couldn't give me a timeframe, which is understandable, but he hinted that they're looking to get it out in March. Nice guy, good conversation. It was a refreshing change of pace. Looks like there's some hope on the horizon for all of us. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.