The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

If the next update (KitKat or whatever) doesn't fix GPS I'm going to T-Mobile and having them pay my ETF. The GPS issue is a deal breaker for me. This is completely unnaceptable on such an expensive flagship device and a fix is taking entirely too long.

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

@ms_unicornAre you aware of the AT&T update that went out yesterday?  Do you know what the status is on the fix that you said AT&T and Samsung were jointly producing?  Whatever went out yesterday obviously did not fix the GPS issue based on the most recent comments.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

This ^^^ at&t your getting pretty pathetic. I'm also will continue keep spreading how pathetic your customer service is and all my troubles with this and other issues I had with your company. Att personal on here saying this or that , Sophie at AT&T claiming that she's the assistant of the president telling me promises, at&t customer care on twitter (that I will be spreading pics of the tweets on the internet everywhere) that thinks customers making stuff up. If this isn't fixed soon with an update. I'm leaving uverse and going to Comcast and my family with 6 phone lines can go get better quality service somewhere else!

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I concur on the course of action. I've got multiple issues caused by the AT&T modifications to 4.3 and it's only my loyalty that's kept me from walking to t mobile before now. I'm giving AT&T another couple of days, but if Kitkat hasn't rolled out by then... then I'll be confident that we are just profit points to them, not customers whose loyalty is repaid with vaguely - prompt response times.

I use Maps for navigation, combined with a dash cam app to record driving. If I can't rely on the GPS remaining usable (coordinates are stored as a subtitle stream in the video, and random errors make the use of the video in accident lawsuits dubious at best) then I can't keep relying on AT&T as the smartphone provider for our business needs.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

honestly I left tmobile to AT&T because of Tmob limited range around my city . I overlooked certain things until this issue. Im just really frustrated with this and calmed down until an update was released and didn't solve anything after promises of fixes . Im holding out with little hope until kit kat update then I'll make a final decision on who's going to be next cell providerI'm just really frustrated with this and calmed down until an update was released and didn't solve anything after promises of fixes. I'm holding out with little hope until kit kat update then I'll make a final decision on who's going to be next cell provider.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

^^^ and what the heck did my phone do just now ??lol whoops !

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

If kitkat doesn't fix this issue I myself will be switching to T mobile
also.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Good luck with T-Mobile..  Their coverage outside of cities and highways sux. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Actually in Massachusetts it's quite good in the city and out. I have a
Hotspot from them through work and it's signal is just as strong anywhere I
take it inside MA with the exception of when I drive to Cape cod.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

Heads up, what the recent update covered .Changelog toward the end of article on what it did to our phone's.
http://androidandme.com/2014/02/news/att-galaxy-s-4-getting-kitkat-update-note-3-getting-pre-kitkat-update/
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.