The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

@ lbDanny

I agree with you, dealing with ATT is not easy, I am sure Verizon is worst.
I switch over from Tmobile, ATT network is so much better, but dealing with a messed up phone crazy bloatware and has an extra tight lock on the bootloader is a bit too much for me.
When my contract is up i am going to get an iPhone (an unopened box) sell it as new and use the iphone money to buy an international unlocked phone or a Nexus phone.
Never again am i going to deal with ATT phone, that is locked down like fortknox.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

You guys might want to add on some negative reviews on this. I have added mine. Show some people power. We can do things if we do it all together.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung/galaxy-note-3-classic-white.html#fbid=dF3Yz-EjiT4

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-Black-AT/product-reviews/B00F2SDM00/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

Since it's becoming obvious that AT&T doesn't care about some random forum users, time to see how much bad publicity AT&T wants from this.  Along with @tomgutz 's links, how about letting Engadget know about this?  If enough of us complain and provide the link to this thread, then perhaps they'll post something.  Here's the link to submit a story idea: http://www.engadget.com/about/tips/ .  I just sent them some info.

I say we also email our local TV channels as they're always looking for these stories too.  Bad publicity is what it took for Apple to acknowledge their issues with the antenna and then their Maps app.  In both cases news outlets got hold of the story and Apple was forced to take ownership.  We need the same thing to happen here and maybe AT&T will finally take notice.

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

@dakleenupman  I don't think you are correctly @ mentioning Mariana.  @ms_unicorn  We are all waiting for a reply from you on this.  The natives are growing very restless.

Scholar

• 

102 Messages

10 years ago

I just placed a review on the site and complained to FCC.

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

@ms_unicorn did that work? Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks @jsoijw232 for the acknowledgement!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone!

We apologize for the delay. Rest assured that as soon as we have an update, we will post it in this thread. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

@ms_unicorn

Mariana,

There is a lot of ranting and raving on this forum, I think AT&T could calm the masses with answers to the questions below.

We know how it works, you were put in charge of monitoring the forums and your reporting to management on this issue has dissappeared through the back channels. You don't get any information regarding the status of the complaint, whether it is being addressed or not. If you could, please take a moment to try and dig up some answers to these questions:

a) has the complaint has been heard in the proper department to address the issue?

b) does AT&T expect to assign any resources to work / investigate the issue in the near future?

Thanks,

Colin

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

BAM! Another post bounced! That makes 3 or 4. This is getting ridiculous. Why am I wasting my time? Oh yeah, because I care. Because I too have this issue. Because it's AT&T and I've defended them for years. Because things like this cause way more damage to reputations than necessary. Because I set high standards in the service I pay for. Because I too am in the retail service business and give service above and beyond what I'm getting in return. I wonder what kind of service you'd expect from the unemployment department.

Thanks for the reply. Not what we wanted to hear considering the legwork has already been done. This is taking way too long. I'll just exchange my device every day until it gets resolved. I know it won't fix it but why not? No one else is doing anything else about it so who's going to care?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.