The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

guys, listen... here's what everyone is up against. there are now "9" pages of people with this problem, as that wasn't enough, a couple of days ago i copied the address to this forum and went to Samsungs website where I started a chat with a customer service rep, I asked them if any progress has been made reguarding this issue and he told me that he was unaware of the issue? so I pasted the link to this forum and told him to open it up and look at the truth, he told me he was unable to do so, I got really mad told him he was a fool and he said, "no really we can not open that link" I was speechless. now not only are they not addressing the problem but refusing to see the truth. So... people we have to ask ourselves do we want a device from a company like that? Seriously... even "if" they fixed the problem right now, it's too late, what will happen the n ext time there is a problem? do we really want a device from a carrier and/or manufacture that "RELENTLESSLY" refuses to stand behind their products? Guys think about it.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@ Sgleon :

I hope your phoen stays fixed.. but it is very unlikly.     I am on my third phone,  and each time it worked GREAT for about 48 hours... and then the same problem came back.

I an curiouse..  how long have you had your new phone so far?

Question:  Could you tell us, or point to thread, that gives instructions on how to disable the AT&T updates?  Hey.. if that fixes the problem, I will wipe my phone, and give it a try...

Danny

P.S.  BTW:   Yes, it is not complicated to root the phone, and fix the problem...  but that does void the warenty.  on a $800 phone,  that is not acceptable to me.   I even paid EXTRA for the extended warernty at Best Buy.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

People!! Everyone take a breath and have a beer. I'm not too happy about this problem either but think about it. At&t is a giant company. How many companies you know this size is so willing to admit to a goof up. Sure there are some but not many. Even Apple (remember antenna gate?)... After clear demonstration of their design flaw, they told us we were holding our phones incorrectly (god bless Steve Jobs), then got us to shut up by giving us free cases. This is not Apple bashing. In fact I still have my iPhone aside my note 3. I love both and both have their respective flaws. Instead of losing your heads, just remember, we all have options. Switch carriers. Switch phones. File complaints to where it matters (FCC, BBB, Consumer Affairs, etc.) Or....just wait and see if Ma'Bell will quietly fix this while avoiding responsibility. Me personally, I'm switching soon. Good day all!

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@ njob79

No offence,  but for many of us,  we do not really have a choice.. or rather... we only have EXPENSIVE choices.

If I try to change carriers,   I have to pay an Early  termination fee..  or charge, or what ever they call  it.   I think its about $350

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

Ok..  I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with AT&T……  I did get to a manger..  long story short, the only resolution he could offer me was replacing my phone with a DIFFERENT phone model  (He actually suggested the Samsung Mega as “comparable”....  I pointed out that is is slower, no stylus, etc….   no sale).

Other fun details I found out during this conversation:  He said that AT&T has no idea about this problem.   I told him about this thread, and offered to send him the link,  and he told me that the AT&T customer service computers are BLOCKED from being able to look at the AT&T forums.

I pointed out to him that this thread was created on November 18 2013,  had 14,440 views, and 264 messages in it.

He talked to tech support, and said they did not know about it,...  but that he agreed it was ridiculous, because a simple google search makes it obvious that this has been a problem for a long time,  but AT&T just did not know about it.

I am going to root my phone, to fix the GPS myself, .... and demand that AT&T credit me for the full cost of the phone,  since they have forced me to void my warranty

Danny

[Edited - Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but for two full days now the Note 3 (new) has been unavailable On AT&Ts website? Really unusual....

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

Not so odd it is a popular phone to sell out isn't that rare,and every AT&T
store within 10 miles of me does have it in stock.

[Edited - Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Danny, let us know if it happens. We would definitely want to get the same deal. Thanks.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

10 years ago

@ lbDanny

I have had the phone about 4 days now, but only tested it in the first day and half. I am in Manhattan and with all this snow have not used the car much.

I really hope my GPS does not break in a few days, everyone here seems to think I am in for a let down.

BTW: ATT also sent me a new SIM.

You have to root to control stuff like freezing or uninstalling ATT & Samsung bloatware/ features.

I use Titanium backup pro and a security suite named LBE, LBE is amazing it gives you control over everything that runs on your phone, remove ads and tracking in apps, you would be surprised how many paid apps still track your activity (location, IMEI #, calls, contact, basically everything on your monitored by almost every app, worst than the NSA). Also block apps on Chrome browser.

Edit you startup apps, disable knox.

Replacing the ROM on this phone is a pain, plus if I have to return it to stock.

So choose to keep the ATT stock OS but control everything that runs on my phone.

I now have amazing battery life and it is faster, but the extra speed is hard to notice because it was already fast. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

10 years ago

@ sgleon

Thanks for the info.. Um... er.. this is NOT meant as an attack... but , if you read all of the thread... (not like AT&T has read any of it)... you will see you have proven our point. !!!!

THE NOTE 3 WORKS FINE ON THE AT&T NETWORK..... IF.. and ONLY IF... YOU ROOT YOUR PHONE!!

But rooting your phone voids your warranty ....

And yes, I know... there are ways to do it so that it is unlikely that you will be caught.... But we should not need to go to these extrems, to have a BASIC feature work!!!

Danny

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.