Helpful Links

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 914
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

My theory is AT&T is not doing anything and just trying to buy enough time to let the KK update come out  and hope it fixes the issue, or hope we will want to switch to the S5 and forget about the issue all together.

If we examine the last post from AT&T "AT&T and Samsung are actively investigating reports that some customers are experiencing issues with GPS on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. We will provide updates in this forum as we learn more about this issue." This is such a legalese worded cop-out, I am convinced that Mariana was told to post this, word for word. And what do you mean SOME? Every person I have meet (including the AT&T store managers and display units), that is still stock, has this issue. 

You notice how it says we are looking at the reports; not "We are working on finding the cause and working on a fix." So far there is NOTHING from AT&T that says they are really trying to fix this; and this is backed up by the responces from tech support many of us have received. It sounds more like AT&T & Samsung are trying to see if one can blame the other and pass the buck. I'm stil surpised they have not delted this thread to cover up the issue like normal.

This is exactly what happened with the iPhone 4 antenna issue, the Motorola Atrix music skipping issue and the original Captivate GPS issue to mention a few. When it came down to it NOTHING WAS EVER DONE until a class action lawsuit was made. Yes I'm very upset over this issue and really don't know if I am going to stay an AT&T customer or not over this. 

Message 196 of 914
Mentor

Yep, ATT wont do anything ... that's obvious now. It look like switching carriers is the only option if one really needs the GPS.

So assuming we do switch, T-Mobile appears to be the easiest and most affordable choice with the ETF and all.  Has anyone switch to TM?  What has been the experience?  I'm concerned about the coverage, not that I travel too far all that often, but side by side, will I actually loose connectivity next to an ATT/Verizon phone?  Connection being a basic cell signal, not network type (ie 4G or LTE).  For the most part, those connections dont mean much to me since I'm not streaming movies or anything of that capacity while driving.  

Message 197 of 914

@ATTMarianaCM, what is the hold up? There's no need to investigate. Just produce results. Simple as that. <br><br>I agree here with others. I just got off the phone with an AT&T CSM off of Facebook who sadly fed me a line of ***. Not sure if it was true but he gave it to me anyway. Told me that he has been researching the issue and spoke with Samsung to report it. Said Samsung told him to have us install "permissions manager" app and disallow permissions on location apps. So like the good samaritan I am I did just that. Well needless to say, nothing got fixed and it in fact, screwed up my phone for many minutes afterwards till I could go back and re allow the apps permissions. Not to mention, how does that fix the plugging and unplugging of the charger? <br><br>Anyway, I like this CSM, been dealing with for years on separate issues but I have to say, I'm really disinterested in dealing with ***! ! <br><br>@AT&T, @att, @att HEAR THIS! FIX THIS ISSUE NOW! THE LEGWORK HAS BEEN DONE FOR YOU! QUIT PUSHING IT ON THE OTHER GUY! VERIZON NOT T-MOBILE VERSIONS HAVE THIS ISSUE. IT IS YOUR PROBLEM! <br><br>GET PEOPLE INVOLVED WHO CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND FIX THINGS. Send this link anonymously, take a picture, write it down. DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO BUT STOP LOLLYGAGGING AROUND AND SHOW US PROGRESS! <br><br>I'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF THIS.... :-(

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 198 of 914
Voyager

Well.. I too am having the same dropped GPS issue with my Galaxy Note 3 AT&T issue. Get this fixed please, this is terrible.

Message 199 of 914

Did you "me too" on the first post in this thread? Not that anyone at AT&T gives a rats you know what.
Message 200 of 914

@ATTMarianaCM - any words of wisdom?
Message 201 of 914

Anyone at @att

Or @att

OR @AT&T?
Message 202 of 914
Tutor

This is a very important app to me right behind making calls an emails
I travel a lot and depend on it for getting me to clients locations almost every day and it drops gas sometimes at critical times
Please fix soon

Will 

[Edited for privacy]

Message 203 of 914
Teacher

I am still within my 14 day window after getting my Note 3. Since the LG G Flex is coming out on Tuesday, I'm seriously considering switching to that phone.

The GPS issue is dangerous for me to have to turn off and on GPS 4 or 5 times while I'm driving in traffic to and from work. I count on Waze to find my best route home as it can mean a difference of up to half an hour each way. It also loses GPS signal while I'm out on my jogs and I'm tracking it with Endomondo. Very bothersome to have to pull out the phone, turn on GPS and back on all while trying to keep jogging.

Message 204 of 914

Make sure everyone clicks on the "me too" button in the first post of this thread! MAYBE someone will eventually give a hoot!
Message 205 of 914
Tutor

Like many I have the same issue. ATT has eaten 2 Note 3s from me on warranty and of course this did not resolve the issue.

I am currently looking for an app that can reset gps automatically or I might write or have one written, as i am not willing to Root the phone for obvious reasons.

Other than taking calls and notes while taking calls the GPS function is the most critical for me in my business. I love this phone but I'd hate to have to buy a Garmin to solve theissue.

Message 206 of 914
Tutor

As an interesting note on the issue, this bug only causes loss of GPS reception and not GLONASS.
Message 207 of 914
Explorer

I have a Garmin and this issue needs to be fixed because I'm not going to use it. It works on the S2 that I still have AND the two S4's that I still have flawlessly. This issue puts a flagship expensive 5***** phone and brings it down to two. The reality is some things you pay for and they should just work. This isn't a beta test phone.
There were plenty versions of "Galaxy" phones before this that didn't have the problem out the box, even when Google Navigation was beta!
Message 208 of 914
Scholar

"Hi were AT&T ! We took your money, o yea ...GPS ...yeap not our problem ! We don't make the phones ..we just sell em! Samsung makes the phone , they messed the phone up ...call them ! Complaint department is over if your still not satisfied and its just for complaints if you want to vent . Thanks for shopping at AT&T ." AT&T thank you for screwing up a great phone that I spent 700 bucks and Verizon's / Sprint's / T- Mobile's Note 3 doesn't have this problem! GOING TO LOSE CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU LOSE THEM WITH YOUR STUPID GPS SIGNAL .
Message 209 of 914
Tutor

Hahahaha. AT&T, Rethink possible.
Message 210 of 914
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support