The Samsung Galaxy S24
Blackjack II's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 4:12 AM

Closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 GPS Issue

Anyone else having issues with their Note 3 GPS? I'm having an issue were every time I plug or unplug the charger from my phone the GPS drops out. I have to then toggle the GPS on/off in my quick settings to get it working again while navigating. It also seems to drop the signal when I get an incoming phone call while using the navigation app. I have confirmed this same behavior on 2 other friends Note 3's. I'm hoping this is just a software issue that will be fixed in a future os update.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This is Really fustrating. I was an iphone user for the past 4 yrs and I havent had any issues with apple products. The only reason why I switched to buying a Samsung product is because the Note 3 had a bigger screen.

I have gone through this exchange 2 times. 3rd exchange on the way and im sure this wont fix the problem.

I am ready to return this phone back to ATT and get a new iphone for myself but dont know how.  Everytime i get a refurbished phone I have to spend  an hour backing up my data and another hour restoring my data. Then re install all the apps I had before.

This is really fustrating AT&T. I dont want another refurbished note3. I want a working phone.

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Update - I spoke with ATT tech support, they have acknowledged our request !!!  They are going to escalate the issue and hopefully when anyone else calls in, it will at least be in the system. They know about the thread and are following it as per our conversation.

With any luck, some developer will get himself a Note 3 and stumble upon the navigation debacle ... 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Has anyone tried this fix?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I meant the suggestion from goldendragon. Sorry for the omission.

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

I had fun this afternoon, I stopped by 3 AT&T stores and asked to play with the display units. All of them had the GPS issue, even one of the manager's Note 3 had the issue. She was not too happy about that. 

Anyways, this is a wild goose chase but worth a shot. Some people are reporting that the T# 2-3 and T# 2-4 versions do not have the issue [EDIT question removed] it is confirmed below that the T# 2-3 and T# 2-4 has the issue

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Mine says T1-1. I got mine way back in OCT when it was first announced. I had no idea the GPS issue with this phone was this big. I couldn't get any answer from ATT when I called them in 2013 but I have a good feeling about it now. 

Mentor

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

this isn't a hardware issue as stated in many other findings.  mine is a t#2-4 and i have the issue.  this is looking more and more like an ATT GPS files issue as  goldendrag0n has discovered in a post yesterday.

anyway, ATT is looking into it, they are following this thread.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

My issue has also returned and my phone is brand new (8 days old)and is T4

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Scholar

• 

63 Messages

10 years ago

@kirk-icap I also think it is a system config file issue, which I have posted earlier, many times. Like I said, it was a long shot, but something worth looking into. It is good to know you have the T#2-4 and have the issue, so thank you for posting that.

[Edit] removed 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I opened up the back of my note 3 and instead of the model number I found etched: "LOL NO GPS FOR U NOOB."

So disheartening.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.