Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 13, 2014
12:18:23 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy 5 touchscreen doesn't work after software update

I updated the new software for my Galaxy 5 today and now have no touchscreen capability. I can't even power it off.

I updated the new software for my Galaxy 5 today and now have no touchscreen capability. I can't even power it off.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 13, 2014 8:08:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You can remove the battery to power off your phone to see if that clears up the issue for you.  If the issue persists, you can do a hardware factory data reset on your phone.  This will delete everything stored on your phone's internal storage and reset your phone to the factory state.  The recent update will still be there, however.

I could only find written instructions from another carrier's website, but it will apply to your phone, as well.  See the link below:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Samsung Galaxy 5 touchscreen doesn't work after software update

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 13, 2014 8:08:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You can remove the battery to power off your phone to see if that clears up the issue for you.  If the issue persists, you can do a hardware factory data reset on your phone.  This will delete everything stored on your phone's internal storage and reset your phone to the factory state.  The recent update will still be there, however.

I could only find written instructions from another carrier's website, but it will apply to your phone, as well.  See the link below:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 touchscreen doesn't work after software update

2 of 4 (3,353 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2014 4:18:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks. Removing the battery worked.

Thanks. Removing the battery worked.

3 of 4 (3,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2014 8:37:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem and can't get my case off to take out the battery...

I'm having the same problem and can't get my case off to take out the battery...

4 of 4 (1,965 Views)