For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
spitfire223's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 16th, 2015 1:15 AM

Samsung Galaxy 5 - Having Major Issues with Text Messages (Sending & Receiving)

I have had my phone for quite a while and it just recently stopped sending/receiving text messages. It actually seems to coincide with the timeframe that the new software was rolled out. Every time I try to send a text message, it gets stuck in the send and just spins. I have no idea whether the text is sending or not. At times, it appears that the text actually sends at some point because sometimes I receive a response back before my message says it has sent. Other times, I don't receive messages until hours later than when it says it was received. I have tried the following and nothing has worked:

(1) Restarting

(2) Clearing the cache on the Messages app

(3) Turn off Wireless

(4) Turn Airplane mode on and then off

I recently found a post about changing the APN data on the phone. Can't tell if this is working yet or not. Prior to this, my phone was set to ATT Nextgenphone (MMSC=http://mms.mobile.att.net and MMSProxy=proxy.mobile.att.net). What is the correct one?

Name: ATT
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy:
Port
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: cingular1
Server
MMSChttp://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @spitfire223 Thanks for posting your concerns.

Sorry to hear you’re having text issues.  Since this is happening with standard text messages, and they appear to be stuck, I would recommend at this point, since you’ve done the majority of troubleshooting your phone, to ensure everything is backed up to avoid losing your information, then resetting the phone by going to settings>backup and reset>factory data reset>reset device>delete all and that should clear that. 

Hope this helps!

Charise

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Have same issue that GREATLY INCREASED after the 8.2 software update. It is an ATT software update issue - NOT with my phone. I should NOT have to reset and possibly lose data.
I think ATT or Apple or whomever does these software updates should find and fix the bug in the 8.2 software update. Thank you.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! We are aware an issue which may cause texts or MMS to disappear from the messaging application after opting into our AT&T Messages Backup & Sync Service. 

We are currently working with Samsung to deliver a software update to correct this behavior. Please see here for more information - Disappearing messages on Samsung smartphones with AT&T Messages Backup & Sync

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I no longer have a send icon on my Tex messaging how do I get it back

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.