For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Monday, August 21st, 2017 11:17 PM

S8 FINALLY GETTING UPDATE RIGHT NOW HIDE NAV ECT MANUALLY CHECK YOURS

I PICKED UP DEVICE TO SEE WEATHER and it began downloadable navbar hide minus color options and august security and not sure about DAYDREAM 

LAST NUMBERS END OF BUILD  AQGL    AUGUST PATCH HIDE NAVBAR OPTION ECT.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

yup just saw this in an article THANK GOD!! 😄

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

About time someone even cares for the news. It's been forever. I had my Navbar hidden for months with adb tools, and I found also we lost the choice of Navbar colors. BTW... It doesn't matter if Navbar is hidden anyway. Let's see if it takes months to get Android 7.1 and if we're lucky, might get Android 8.0 but, now note 8 gets revealed tomorrow, and no I'm not getting it, I hope it's not a year to see the next OS YEAR UPGRADE.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@careless wrote:
About time someone even cares for the news. It's been forever. I had my Navbar hidden for months with adb tools, and I found also we lost the choice of Navbar colors. BTW... It doesn't matter if Navbar is hidden anyway. Let's see if it takes months to get Android 7.1 and if we're lucky, might get Android 8.0 but, now note 8 gets revealed tomorrow, and no I'm not getting it, I hope it's not a year to see the next OS YEAR UPGRADE.

@Anonymous

hiding the navbar matters to some people that are always on there phone as it causes burn in on the screen.   As for oreo 8.0 it runs great on my pixel xl....  There is a oreo rom for the 955f I am going to play with tonight.  According to google samsung is committed to bringing oreo to devices before the end of the year.  That could mean the note 8 will launch with it or they are going to update the s8 and note 8 at the same time.  But then again they update euro phones faster than USA phones so it could be the new year before we see oreo on a samung device in the USA.  Samsung is better with security patches but they suck hard core with OS updates.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

by the way. are you smarter not to fall for the note 8, or save sanity and money just to settle for what you have.i want and dont need note 8.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@careless wrote:

by the way. are you smarter not to fall for the note 8, or save sanity and money just to settle for what you have.i want and dont need note 8.

@Anonymous

oh I will get a note 8 pixel 2 v30 and whatever else phone comes out but I don't spend my money on them.  Work spends there money on them....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.