Explore & discover

Helpful Links

S7 edge G935A can't update version

Highlighted
Contributor

S7 edge G935A can't update version

Hi 

i just buy phone s7 edge of AT&T . my current version is 6.0.1 when i check for update it said was  update to date . 

so how can i update it to version 7.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by mdarait
‎11-19-2017 6:00 PM

Re: S7 edge G935A can't update version

Hi @mdarait

Thanks for posting your question. AT&T branded phones get OS updates over the air from AT&T, and any AT&T phone can only receive an update when it's connected to an active AT&T service on AT&T's network. Unfortunately, since you're using your phone outside of USA with another provider it can not get updates from AT&T. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

I have the same device that was purchased as a test device so it has no cellular service (just wifi). Is there no way to update the OS on this device?

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

@jimstem wrote:

I have the same device that was purchased as a test device so it has no cellular service (just wifi). Is there no way to update the OS on this device?

ATT only updates devices with ACTIVE ATT SERVICE in the USA.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I purchased AT&T unlocked device in pakistan. How i update it to letest android version.?

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support