The Samsung Galaxy S24
AnhBob's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, September 13th, 2014 5:28 PM

Refurb S5's where??

Where are the refurbished Galaxy S5's that AT&T keeps showing on web, but are not available?

I know it's a great deal for free with updated contract, but it is only great if the phone is available.

Let's get some phones, already!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hi AnhBob,

Refurbished phones have limited quantities and the most popular models sell our quickly. Unfortunately there is no way to tell when there will be more in stock, you'd just have to keep checking.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Dmitriy for the info. 

When speaking with a rep on the phone she could look and tell me there were numerous shipments on the way (this was about 1 week ago).  I guess they are on a slow boat from S. Korea. 

If they are gone so fast, I would like to see ATT offer their current customers first shot at them as an incentive to stay, maybe.   If someone in customer service "sees" them on the way, it would certainly be easy enough to let people waiting to renew contracts to "pre-order" (unless that only works for new iphones).

It is very tempting to jump ship when T-Movile is offering the S5 new for $100 less than ATT with a 2 year commitment ($99 w/ 2yr contract).  Let's see if they show up soon.

Bob

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Tmobile is charging 609.60 for the S5 they dont do contracts anymore

its 25.40 for 24 months just for the phone.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

My bad....I mis-spoke. It is Sprint with $99/ 2 yr. contract.  That is a new phone not a refurb.

Bob

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

and you get what you pay for with sprints service tho.  I had them for 3 years and the droped calls got old

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.