The Samsung Galaxy S24
RECONLESS's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, August 26th, 2018 3:25 AM

Note 9 ATT Network Unlocking Code Does Not Work

Hey, I just purchased (and fully paid off) a Note 9 that is locked to the AT&T network, and was successful in getting my unlock request approved for my device, and yes I triple-checked to make sure that I entered the correct IMEI number from both the sticker on the back and the "about phone" section of the settings app). The unlock code was tagged as an incorrect unlock code when trying to enter it both from the encrypted unlock screen and after the un-encryption sequence after bootup. I don't think I've tried the code 5 times (probably around 4), and I've been putting in the exact same unlock code each time I tried (the exact one from the confirmation email), but have been completely unable to get the authorization to pass.

I do not have AT&T as a service provider, but wanted to get the phone unlocked so that I could use it with my current service provider (T-Mobile).

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

My friend and I think that the whole reason that some or all of the unlock
code don't work on pre-orders is because Samsung screwed up linking the
imei numbers with the unlock codes on their first batch, and returning the
device and applying the preorder codes when purchasing a new device should
solve the issue.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

Can't return it since its been too long now.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Same Problem i pre-ordered from samsung and was approved to unlock but code is Incorrect. If any solution is found please let me know i am already at 4 attemps 😞

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

Per what I heard Samsung provided at&t the wrong codes. And they havent acknowledged they are wrong.  If you do one more your phone is permanently locked with at&t.  You will not be able to unlock it after that once you hit 5. I'd get at&t to exchange it honestly   

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I had the exact same issue and I got my code from Cellunlocker.net worked. They told me that the galaxy note 9 code is 16 digits and In fact the the first 8 digits of the code is correct! 

So the code code is half right lol. But you should ask att to provide the other half of the 16 digit unlock code

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have this problem as well.  My wife and I pre-ordered two Note 9s.  They have been paid off and approved for unlocking.  AT&T has verified the unlock codes several times, however the codes don't work.  I've reset the phones to their factory state and ensured they had wi-fi connection, per advice from an AT&T's tech, though I doubt either are required.  I unlocked two Galaxy S7's from AT&T earlier this week without taking those steps.  Either way, it didn't help.  AT&T directed me to Samsung, just as they did the OP.  My request was eventually elevated to a Samsung rep that advised there is absolutely nothing they can do to help with carrier unlocks.

AT&T eventually created two case numbers, one for each phone.  I was emailed the same unlock codes I already had and advised the cases had been closed.  I now have two more cases open, but expect they will be given as little attention as the first two.

I assume this is a widespread issue with the Note 9s and AT&T.  Unfortunately, it probably won't get much attention until a majority of owners pay off their phones in two in a half years.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Carolina.Dad wrote:

I have this problem as well.  My wife and I pre-ordered two Note 9s.  They have been paid off and approved for unlocking.  AT&T has verified the unlock codes several times, however the codes don't work.  I've reset the phones to their factory state and ensured they had wi-fi connection, per advice from an AT&T's tech, though I doubt either are required.  I unlocked two Galaxy S7's from AT&T earlier this week without taking those steps.  Either way, it didn't help.  AT&T directed me to Samsung, just as they did the OP.  My request was eventually elevated to a Samsung rep that advised there is absolutely nothing they can do to help with carrier unlocks.

AT&T eventually created two case numbers, one for each phone.  I was emailed the same unlock codes I already had and advised the cases had been closed.  I now have two more cases open, but expect they will be given as little attention as the first two.

I assume this is a widespread issue with the Note 9s and AT&T.  Unfortunately, it probably won't get much attention until a majority of owners pay off their phones in two in a half years.

@Carolina.Dad

Its a ATT and Samsung problem since I am assuming samsung did not tell ATT they went to 16 digit unlock codes.  All codes before were 8 which I think the system is truncating them.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

I gave up on AT&T and Samsung with this and returned my phone.  Both were clueless on how to fix this.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you to those providing the info that the Note 9 unlock codes are actually 16 digits and not 8.  I hate to resort paying a third party for a service AT&T is legally required to provide (as I meet all the qualifications), but I may give it a try on one phone.  If AT&T can't update their Help Desk knowledgebase with this information, I have little of hope of their ability/will to enable their systems to handle the new codes.  It would have been so much better to know they were aware of the problem and the fix may be more than a month out, than to bounce back and forth between techs while worrying whether or not the agent at the store tried the codes 2 or 3 times in each phone.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I also used [Third party link removed per Guidelines] after other users said it worked, and it worked for me. I can also second that AT&T's system is concatenating the last 8 digits of the full 16 digit unlock code, making it impossible for them to give out the correct codes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.