Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Note 4 Marshmallow Update Outside Of US

Highlighted

Note 4 Marshmallow Update Outside Of US

Are you going to release Note 4 SM-910A MArshmallow update.?

If yes how much time will it take me to get update.

Message 1 of 32
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎04-29-2016 10:28 AM

Re: Note 4 Marshmallow

@Rizwan.Ahmad

even if ATT releases the update you will never get it as your not in the USA.  To get updates from ATT you must being a ATT customer and connected to the ATT network for the update to download.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 32
Contributor

Re: Note 4 Marshmallow Update Outside Of US

In what way is this question solved? Here, let me ask it in a way that even YOU can understand.

WHEN IS THE AT&T GALAXY NOTE 4 RECEIVING THE MARSHMALLOW UPDATE FOR THOSE OF US IN THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE ON THE AT&T NETWORK, GIVEN THAT OTHER U.S. CARRIERS HAVE RELEASED IT WEEKS AGO?

K, thanks, bye.
Message 3 of 32
ACE - Expert

RBoiter wrote:
In what way is this question solved? Here, let me ask it in a way that even YOU can understand.

WHEN IS THE AT&T GALAXY NOTE 4 RECEIVING THE MARSHMALLOW UPDATE FOR THOSE OF US IN THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE ON THE AT&T NETWORK, GIVEN THAT OTHER U.S. CARRIERS HAVE RELEASED IT WEEKS AGO?

K, thanks, bye.

@RBoiter

LET ME MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU!  This user is not in the united states of america so NO updates what so ever for the user.   Now since your thread hijacking to your question it will get released when it gets released.  There are 4 other newer phones that will get it first.  Note 5 s6 s6 edge and edge+

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 32
Voyager

Note 4 marshmallow update

IS THERE A CONFIRMED DATE FOR THIS UPDATE. An AT&T rep said the date was yesterday. But as of yet I have no OTA update for any of my phones
Message 5 of 32
ACE - Expert

Re: Note 4 marshmallow update

there has not been updates for the note 5 s6/edge edge+ or s6 active.

Message 6 of 32
Voyager

I am in the USA THO 🤔 just trying to understand why an AT&T employee would give me a date thats unconfirmed
Message 7 of 32
Scholar

When will we get Marshmallow?

I hear Note 5 doesn't have it yet either?

For those of us IN the states, ON ATT, when will we get the updates?

Message 8 of 32

I live IN the States, and am using ATT. I don't see how other companies can put out Marshmallow for the Note 4 but not ATT. I just got done speaking to ATT over chat online and she is telling me there is no release date for the update.

Message 9 of 32

Got an Update today on my Note 4 but its not Marshmallow.  Build is LMY47X.NH910AUCS2D015 after Update today.  Note 5 maybe out before AT&T sends it to Note 4 as Slow as they are.  Newer S6 has not even gotten it yet but it has with other carriers.

Message 10 of 32

I received the same update. I was sitting here thinking "Oh, AT&T finally released Marshmallow". Gee was I wrong! They fooled me real quick as soon as my phone restarted I knew right away it was not Marshmallow. Checked version in Settings. I was just like, whattt? 5.1.1? I already have 5.1.1. Geez. That P-ed me off that they couldn't just wait to release an update til the 6.0 version. To me that was a pointless update.

Message 11 of 32
Scholar

We have to assume ATT has our best interests in mind, and that there is a reason for the update.  Hopefully it was to address issues to make sure that the Marshmallow update goes as smoothly as possible.  These updates generally have to be applied in order...

Message 12 of 32
ACE - Sage

SteelersPitt wrote:

We have to assume ATT has our best interests in mind, and that there is a reason for the update.  Hopefully it was to address issues to make sure that the Marshmallow update goes as smoothly as possible.  These updates generally have to be applied in order...

Bless you.....finally some common sense interjected into this (hijacked) thread.  If any recall the number of problems with lollipop update on both ATT and Verizon, it is good reason in taking care with the MM update.  Better a working update when it arrive than a bricked phone.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 13 of 32
Contributor

Yes all other carries do not care about their customers hence updated all devices including note 5 on MM. Only AT&T has best interest for their customers in this world.

Please mark this also as this might be the lesson for all other carriers which are having huge issues after updating to MM. Maybe AT&T devices are used on moon and NASA has no time to take one to test it before AT&T deploys to their customers keeping their best interests in mind.

Message 14 of 32
Contributor

AT&T give a straight answer with dates when Note 4 or Note 5 will revice MM update rather than kicking your own customers unless you do not want them as customers....

Message 15 of 32
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support