The Samsung Galaxy S24
lancerin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 29th, 2015 6:03 PM

Newest Update for Samsung S5

My phone received the newest Samsung update a few days ago and I've had nothing but problems ever since. My apps are lagging.  Most aren't working at all.  It takes forever to load them and when they do load they are extremely slow.  Can't even use Facebook because it freezes immediately.  Had no issues at all until this update a few days ago.  I'm getting extremely irritated by this.  Is there a fix for these problems?

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

Start by deleting your cache. This will not disrupt anything on your S5.
Also remove the battery for a few minutes.
This does not work, I would suggest backing up your S5 (Kies 3 or alternative) and then performing a Factory Reset. This is obviously a drastic step, but you might come to it if all else fails.
Given the fact that AT&T will be updating to Lollipop in the near (LOL) future you might just hold off till that update.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions but I've already done all those things and I'm still having the same issues.  

Mentor

• 

67 Messages

9 years ago

Could it be a problem with a corrupted OTA update? Have you considered using Kies 3 on your PC to re-download and reinstall?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

kies 3 does not have the 4.4.4 image..  He would have to take it to a samsung kiosk in best buy or a ATT device support center for a flash.  I was told ATT is not releasing updates thru kies from a samsung regional rep.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Is the problem only when you're on your home wifi?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I am also having battery draining issues and apps lagging along with the system running slow since the update. I feel your pain.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.