The Samsung Galaxy S24
pdqgp's profile

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 10:31 PM

New Gear S - Email app not allowing replies

Love my new Gear S but it's all over XDA Forums that AT&T Users are NOT able to reply or create emails on the gear S but Sprint users can.   Been around this issue for hours in terms of configuratons and set up and it's not working.  None of us have them working.

The following tells me that there's an issue between AT&T and Samsung that needs addressed.  Can anyone help escalate this issue or provide resolution?

[URL=http://s270.photobucket.com/user/crms3er/media/Screen-20141110220323_zpsxela0n31.png.html][IMG]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/Screen-20141110220323_zpsxela0n31.png[/IMG][/URL]

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, looks like there are still some kinks. Software updates should be coming out in the next few (hours/days/weeks/months) - I just got a Gear S (AT&T no contract) at the Samsung Dev conference - no reply/compose. It may vary bases on variant, carrier, phase of moon, blessedness of lifestyle, etc.

I'd say give it a week or three to shake out. Reply/compose is supposed to be a feature (only if connected - not standalone as far as I can tell) that should work. Eventually.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

Im able to reply just fine.

when you get the notification you have to scroll all the way to the bottom tap on the gear email icon and scroll all the way down again and there should be 2 buttons. On the left is reply and on the right is show on device.

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

You can't reply using a 3rd party email client yet tho, it has to be the built in email client and the email has to be set up on the phone first.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

Right. And that means you're either ahead or behind us in firmware version 🙂

Here's what I see (BTW you can take a screen shot on the gear s - hold button down and swipe right)

First image is the bottom of an email. Second image is when you tap the "menu" dots. No reply option. Weird, isn't it?

2 Attachments

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

@raiu

I understand that third party email clients/apps aren't enabled, but regardless, the Note 3 is running an older version of the Stock Android Mail Client than the Note 4 and thus Note 3 users are not able to reply or create messages.

This is yet another ongoing problem with the lagging partnership of Samsung and AT&T. This is really an unacceptable situation as I paid $300 for a device that does not do what it is advertised to do.

What would you suggest to remedy the matter?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

@ raiu

My guess is you're not running a Note 3 with the stock Android 4.4.3 aka Kit Kat Client which is version v4.2 Yours is like version v4.4 or newer. Otherwise the image I'm showing here is what you'll see. Again, Zero options for replying or creating email under any acccounts.

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

@ raiu

My guess is you're not running a Note 3 with the stock Android 4.4.3 aka Kit Kat Client which is version v4.2 Yours is like version v4.4 or newer. Otherwise the image I'm showing here is what you'll see. Again, Zero options for replying or creating email under any acccounts.

2 Attachments

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

I'm on my phone right now so I can't post up a link. But there is a copy of the official Samsung s5 email app and s voice on the XDA forums that you can download and install and that should help out.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

@raiu

Post the link when you can or email me on XDA. I'm pdqgp as a user name there. you'll see my posts in that thread. I'm not rooted though and don't plan on rooting my Note 3 if that matters.

The point overall is just that Samsung / AT&T has half launched this thing if they aren't prepared to offer full functionality to a current model phone such as the Note 3. Hopefully Lolipop will fix this issue.

Scholar

• 

131 Messages

9 years ago

You don't have to be rooted.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.