The Samsung Galaxy S24
davism7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 4:07 PM

My galaxy s4 won't charge or turn on.

Hi, my galaxy s4 won't turn on or charge. Previously it had problem keeping a charge unless it was completly off, and an employee switched my battery. Everything was fine. Just recently (3 days ago or so) it updated at&t software automatically and it has started having charge problems again and last night it died completely. I have tried other outlets, different chargers, and leaving the battery out for a few minutes. It won't even register on my laptop. I am also scared for what this means for all of my data stored on the device. What do I do? Anyone had this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

9 years ago

It won't be recognized by your computer if it's powered off. Have you tried leaving it on the charger for a couple of hours at all? Worst case, go get yourself a wall charger that'll let you charge the battery externally, pop the battery back in and see if that works. If it won't boot even with a fully charged battery then you've other issues. If it's just the port itself, it's an easy enough fix if you're even just slightly handy. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.